Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Falcon Crest Golf Club Boise

I haven't played it in a long time, at least five years, so I don't have a fresh memory of it.  I've played pretty much all of the courses in that corner of the state and I don't remember it being one of the memorable ones for me in and around Boise, but I also don't remember it being anything I disliked.  I remember there was a fair bit of water trouble and some forced water carries but nothing outrageous.   I know this isn't much help but since no one else commented I figured maybe my rusty two cents would be better than nothing.  IMHO if you're traveling through the area there are courses I like better in the area.  If you're from Boise and have played everything closer it's worth the quick drive down to Kuna to check it out.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

There are three that I enjoy most.

I have a soft spot for Shadow Valley, something about that course and I just get along really well.  Its a nice blend of swing away and hit some bombs and target golf.  Routing is great too.  The yardage is a bit short but it doesn't play like that due to elevation change.  2 is the signature hole.  I always hit a mid iron club to the right side to get and open wedge downhill into the green.  If you can shape you could theoretically draw it down the hill and leave a chip, but I've never seen it done successfully.

Quail Hollow is another great one, but it requires a lot more accuracy.  You have to be able to hit accurately to a point on most holes.  The greens aren't particularly big except for 5 and 18 (the same giant green) and they can be pretty slick and challenging.  If you walk, get ready for a ton of 3levation change and a good workout.  The approach into 3 is blind, downhill, and an auto lost ball if you hit long into the green.  Hit a long iron off the tee to give yourself a nice wedge into the protected green.  

Banbury is a good course with fast challenging greens and a fair bit of water trouble.  It's flat and an easy walk.  17 is a hole that can bite you hard if your drive isn't great.  The landing area is generous but get too far right and you're hitting into a narrow green that is bordered and sloped toward water all along the left.

The others are decent, I just don't like them like I like the three I mentioned.  All the courses are enerally in immaculate shape -- particularly for public courses. Have fun.  Also, Boise is at a funny altitude where you distances stay more similar to sea level than high altitude, but have just enough pop that you can get a flier that will really sail on you.  I have to remind myself to adjust every time.

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond