TESTERS WANTED! ×

TrueGolfFit Interesting Result

Will A

My 98 swing speed just got matched to a TSi1 with an Aldila Ascent 46 S.  I'll try to track one down to try, but this seems like a very odd choice, considering the target swing speed of that driver is in the 80s.  Any mid-swing-speeders have experience with this setup?

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Wood:ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons:taylormade-small: 4-AW - VeloxT 65 R
Wedges:  image.png.e43cb1d782ed388d90a6cdfd7e55cb7c.png Equalizer II 56, :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 60-11
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Crimson Series 550
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Which Ascent model (the red or the Ultralight)? I got fitted into an Ascent as well, but at Club Champion. I am right around your swing speed.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I didn’t but I truly don’t like limiting targets like that made by OEMs. Tru fit is based on actual results from 10’s of thousands of shots hit by real people. 

If the info that you imputed was accurate so is the result.

Good luck!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

57 minutes ago, Will A said:

My 98 swing speed just got matched to a TSi1 with an Aldila Ascent 46 S.  I'll try to track one down to try, but this seems like a very odd choice, considering the target swing speed of that driver is in the 80s.  Any mid-swing-speeders have experience with this setup?

I have the same swing speed and was fitted to the same exact specs by Titleist themselves. Its on my wish list. I was told I didn't have enough spin with typical settings. The light weight and stiff flex increased my spin rate to keep the ball in the air longer.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Not in the same boat but I have use True Golf Fit twice and both time the results have been very goo and performance has been as expected. I agree with @revkev that the amount of data used to build this tool is huge and helps produce some great results.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

13 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Which Ascent model (the red or the Ultralight)? I got fitted into an Ascent as well, but at Club Champion. I am right around your swing speed.

I'm not really sure, to be sure.  All it said was "ALDILA ASCENT 46 STIFF."  The image displayed was gray (so I'm guessing ultralight), but the specs on the UL for a stiff flex are 48g, not 46. 

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Wood:ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons:taylormade-small: 4-AW - VeloxT 65 R
Wedges:  image.png.e43cb1d782ed388d90a6cdfd7e55cb7c.png Equalizer II 56, :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 60-11
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Crimson Series 550
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

15 hours ago, Will A said:

Nelly Korda plays that driver and she’s not in the target swing speed. The OEMs use certain parameters to give those who don’t get fit something to base their buying decisions on.

Its nothing more than a starting point for most golfers

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 months later...

I did a truegolffit fitting a few weeks ago. It put me in a Wilson D9. It's one of the clubs I will hit when I go to the local PGA store next week. Not sure what I'll get, and I may end up taking my results and coming home to shop online for something. We'll see what the launch monitor results indicate. But I was intrigued by the D9 recommendation...

On 8/5/2021 at 4:59 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have the same swing speed and was fitted to the same exact specs by Titleist themselves. Its on my wish list. I was told I didn't have enough spin with typical settings. The light weight and stiff flex increased my spin rate to keep the ball in the air longer.

... 👍 This is an important fitting parameter for many golfers but especially seniors that have lost some swing speed. We keep hearing "High Launch and Low Spin" is ideal off the tee but not if you aren't generating enough speed top keep the ball in the air. I was playing the Cobra Xtreme and hit some bombs with it when my trajectory and spin were perfect, but perfect off the tee is not the average. Most of my drives were not reaching a sufficient apex and would literally fall out of the sky and for me, the Sim Max produced more spin which in turn kept my average drives in the air longer. Yes, I hit some longer drives with the Xtreme but also many shorter drives so my average length was considerably longer with the Sim Max.  They did not have the Titleist available when I was fit or I might be playing one too. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

There is NO STANDARD in shaft manufacture, therefore an S in one group may well be an R in another and often the reverse is true.  A fitting using an accurate monitor is a very good start toward a good fit.  A certain pro with the initials TW will give no more than three swings with a new club he does not trust.  The reason being a human will adjust his/her swing to match the club.  I have done many fittings in my day and have seen this malady all too often.  Does not matter the name on the door, the important name is on the business card.  Read about a man named Tom Wishon to get the real skinny on being properly fit for golf clubs. 

November 12 2021

I have an unusual observation that results from Adam (at MyGolfSpy)'s interview of TXG's fitter on No Putts Given. The premise of Adam's argument was that there would be greater revenue and repeat customers if retail stores, golf fitters, etc. didn't charge for fitting a potential customer. Some would argue that you get what you pay for when you do this. Yes loss leaders work to bring traffic into your store. It's the retailer's job to encourage them to do more than window shop and instead spend some $$!

My question to MyGolfSpy is, if this is your belief then why charge for the TrueFit?

7 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck said:

My question to MyGolfSpy is, if this is your belief then why charge for the TrueFit?

If you listened to the podcast your question was answered.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

If you listened to the podcast your question was answered.   

I did, but I guess that I missed that part. From your reply, I'm guessing that Adam justified the fee. Frankly, I believe if you are asking someone to spend an hour of their time/expertise with you then you should expect a fee to be charged.  This assumes that they are worth your the as well. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck said:

I did, but I guess that I missed that part. From your reply, I'm guessing that Adam justified the fee. Frankly, I believe if you are asking someone to spend an hour of their time/expertise with you then you should expect a fee to be charged.  This assumes that they are worth your time, as well. Thanks.

Only brand of shaft I like is USTMamiya in my clubs.I’ve tried them all and i kept going back to UST….So thats where im staying.

My point is just because the fitter or the shaft “Analyzer” recommends something it does not make it gospel.

I once did the Mizuno shaft dna fitting and it fitted me for project X 6.5 shafts,I tried them I but my shots were way to high.

Switched to some Ust Recoil 95 F4 and boom it was perfect shot after shot……..as long as you know what torque rating you do well with in shafts you can experiment with different flexes and weights but TORQUE is the secret sauce that is all to often overlooked by golfers.🤷‍♂️

Edited by Fitter81
Mispelled word

On 8/5/2021 at 6:59 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

While I'm only at 87 mph, I was at 80 when fitted for the TSi-1 with the R2 flex Ultralight Ascent shaft.  After the speed training, the 10 degree head was dialed from 11.5 degrees to 9.25 degrees and the launch was still over 14 degrees with a positive AOA and over 3200 RPMs. Now have the Tensai Blue R flex and border line 9.25-10 degrees with 2500 RPM.  So the recommendation for the high launch/high spin combination to solve less than optimal numbers makes sense.

For swing speeds over 90, how did the TSi-2 head do?  While getting fit, the Tensai shaft was optimal with both heads so with a choice of a shaft or driver/shaft being about $400 different, I went with just the shaft.  At 80 mph, the -2 felt like a brick, but just a slightly different feel at 87 mph (speed went to 86 and smash factor up so total carry stayed the same).

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

• 2 weeks later...

Paid trufit if I heard Adam correctly was/is an experiment they did to prove his point. I don't remember the numbers/stats he has for this, but it was a pretty big number between paid and free fitting service. 

He also said TruFit will be free in 2022 and beyond.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 11/12/2021 at 12:58 PM, chisag said:

... 👍 This is an important fitting parameter for many golfers but especially seniors that have lost some swing speed. We keep hearing "High Launch and Low Spin" is ideal off the tee but not if you aren't generating enough speed top keep the ball in the air. I was playing the Cobra Xtreme and hit some bombs with it when my trajectory and spin were perfect, but perfect off the tee is not the average. Most of my drives were not reaching a sufficient apex and would literally fall out of the sky and for me, the Sim Max produced more spin which in turn kept my average drives in the air longer. Yes, I hit some longer drives with the Xtreme but also many shorter drives so my average length was considerably longer with the Sim Max.  They did not have the Titleist available when I was fit or I might be playing one too. 

This post has me thinking 🤔.  Not to derail the thread, but these were my numbers with my G410P and new KBS TD shaft.  According to Trackman compiled data, these fit pretty well with my "average" swing speed - though spin and landing angle are bumping up against high limit.  I did not test the SIM drivers but wonder if they would offer more carry?  After watching Chris @Thin2win put on a driving show at our PNW Spy Meet-up, I've been eager to test one.

image.png.6d9403b44747f7a2992ca09b07609d11.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

these were my numbers with my G410P and new KBS TD shaft.  According to Trackman compiled data, these fit pretty well with my "average" swing speed - though spin and landing angle are bumping up against high limit.  I did not test the SIM drivers but wonder if they would offer more carry? 

... This is where a fitting is a no brainer. It was an eye opener for me* and I think combinations of spin and launch can only be optimized by a fitter that both knows what they are doing and is using the ball you normally play. I expected to be fit into another Cobra or maybe a different shaft but after hitting virtually every driver the Sim gave me the best results. 

* When I did the review for the R1 for Taylor Made I was fit into the right shaft and loft for my swing at the PGA Show. I actually liked the RBZ Tour better as I hit it higher and carried it farther but it was producing too much spin. Playing it under real conditions back in Chicago I found I was shorter than my previous driver with a few long bombs that were longer. After talking with the Tour Rep, he sent me the RBZ Tour and the results were much better. Still produced too much spin and in the wind it was a problem but my average drive was straighter and longer. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour