Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

North Myrtle Beach

Will A

I'll be in town next week, but will probably only be able to squeeze in one round.  Short of my pro getting me on at the Dunes, what's the one course I should play?

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Wood:ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons:taylormade-small: 4-AW - VeloxT 65 R
Wedges:  image.png.e43cb1d782ed388d90a6cdfd7e55cb7c.png Equalizer II 56, :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 60-11
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Crimson Series 550
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

12 hours ago, Will A said:

I'll be in town next week, but will probably only be able to squeeze in one round.  Short of my pro getting me on at the Dunes, what's the one course I should play?

I just moved down to NMB from Detroit about 8 months ago. The ONE course? Yikes. There are so many to choose from! World Tour is amazing. Well kept, and it’s carbon copies of some of the most iconic holes in golf. Thistle in Calabash is epic. Kings North (Arnold Palmer design) is a marvel. And you can’t go wrong with TPC Myrtle Beach. Best value is The Pearl in Calabash. Played it today, and that is a great course. A step below the above mentioned, but only slightly. If I had to tell you to go to just one, if you can’t get in the Dunes of course, I would tell you World Tour. It’s an experience like no other, yet it’s just like 7-9 others. They did a great job recreating world famous holes. 

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

I would agree with World Tour, Kings North would be #2 in NMB….if I could only play 1 course in the Myrtle Beach area other than dunes, I would drive down to Pawley’s Island and play Caledonia Golf & Fish Club….it’s truly spectacular! When PGA pros rate courses in MB it’s always either #1 or #2…driving into the clubhouse is as close to driving down Magnolia Lane at Augusta as you will ever get.

F47E670A-1AD7-4DA5-BBA9-6302E13E35B9.jpeg

4C76E922-D503-43F2-9337-5A7C66931F27.jpeg

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Thanks for the replies.  Life got in the way, and golf didn't happen, but we'll be back and I'll keep these recommendations in mind.

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Wood:ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons:taylormade-small: 4-AW - VeloxT 65 R
Wedges:  image.png.e43cb1d782ed388d90a6cdfd7e55cb7c.png Equalizer II 56, :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 60-11
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Crimson Series 550
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x