TESTERS WANTED! ×

My bag full of PXG

After 3-4 months of testing about every Driver, Iron, and putter out there...here is what I got about 9 months ago...ALL PXG:

DRIVER: 0811XF 9°, Diamana S+ 60g-R Shaft

0211 3W, Aldila NVS Orange NXT 65-R Shaft

0317 4 (22°) and 5 (25°) Hybrids, Aldila NVS Orange Hybrid NXT 85-R shafts

0211 Irons (6-LW), Elevate 95g-Parallel shafts

Putter (not pictured), Odyssey 7S with Triple Track, 36in with Oversize grip

If you have any questions on feel, distance, lofts, forgiveness, etc...feel free to ask!

20210809_200511.jpg

Edited by Patt82mp

Play PXG all the way through the bag and an Odessey OS Seven putter with Callaway Triple Track

• 1 month later...

Just hooked myself up with 0311 P's, gen 2, and talked my brother into buying a set also.  The recent sale before they retired them from circulation was too good to pass on.  Also just bought my dad a set of 2021 0211's.......he takes delivery next week.  

I'm on the hunt for a minty 0811XF Gen 2 driver........since not sold through PXG any longer.  OR I may try the 0811X+ Proto - haven't hit that one yet but the price is reasonable.  Willing to take the risk.  With PXG's pricing becoming more reasonable, they are hard to ignore.  The equipment is fantastic.

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X+ - Hzrdus Yellow S 60g
Fairway Woods: Callaway Mavrik 4-wood Project X - Cobra King 5-6 wood - Onam 
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 23 deg
Irons 4-GW: PXG 0311 P Gen 2 - TT Elevate Tour Stiff
Wedges: PXG 0311 Forged 50 deg - Mizuno S18 Gun Metal in 56 & 60 deg
Putter: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 - SuperStroke Tour Traxion 2.0

Former Golf Magazine Equipment/Club Tester

39 minutes ago, McNasty67 said:

Just hooked myself up with 0311 P's, gen 2, and talked my brother into buying a set also.  The recent sale before they retired them from circulation was too good to pass on.  Also just bought my dad a set of 2021 0211's.......he takes delivery next week.  

I'm on the hunt for a minty 0811XF Gen 2 driver........since not sold through PXG any longer.  OR I may try the 0811X+ Proto - haven't hit that one yet but the price is reasonable.  Willing to take the risk.  With PXG's pricing becoming more reasonable, they are hard to ignore.  The equipment is fantastic.

The proto driver is great. I had it in the bag for this season before recently trading it in along with my Gen 3 0311T irons to tinker with the tsi2 driver.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The proto driver is great. I had it in the bag for this season before recently trading it in along with my Gen 3 0311T irons to tinker with the tsi2 driver.

Curious what you switched away from to get into the Proto, and what lead you away from it.

I know for myself, often times there's really no reason other than, it is "time".  🤷

4 minutes ago, McNasty67 said:

Curious what you switched away from to get into the Proto, and what lead you away from it.

I know for myself, often times there's really no reason other than, it is "time".  🤷

I didn’t switch away from anything. I added it for tinkering along side sim max and sim2 (non max).

Like you intend to buy things not as replacements but to try. If it works well then it will get more time if not it hangs around for further tinkering usually. 

I have a pretty good idea what fits me and my tinkering is to see if can squeeze a little extra out of a distance club either with shaft I want to try or with a head. For irons it’s usually to try a new head or want a different look at address 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I didn’t switch away from anything. I added it for tinkering along side sim max and sim2 (non max).

Like you intend to buy things not as replacements but to try. If it works well then it will get more time if not it hangs around for further tinkering usually. 

I have a pretty good idea what fits me and my tinkering is to see if can squeeze a little extra out of a distance club either with shaft I want to try or with a head. For irons it’s usually to try a new head or want a different look at address 

Totally get it and can relate.  I've been a club tester for one of the major golf rags and have been on launch monitors and know my numbers pretty well.  Though that was some years ago now I can still fit myself pretty well.  Not sure I'm as up to snuff on all the latest shaft technologies so would still benefit from an occasional fitting, but if I see something out there I feel can work, I'll be all over it.  I'm a junkie when it comes to equipment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, Patt82mp said:

After 3-4 months of testing about every Driver, Iron, and putter out there...here is what I got about 9 months ago...ALL PXG:

DRIVER: 0811XF 9°, Diamana S+ 60g-R Shaft

0211 3W, Aldila NVS Orange NXT 65-R Shaft

0317 4 (22°) and 5 (25°) Hybrids, Aldila NVS Orange Hybrid NXT 85-R shafts

0211 Irons (6-LW), Elevate 95g-Parallel shafts

Putter (not pictured), Odyssey 7S with Triple Track, 36in with Oversize grip

If you have any questions on feel, distance, lofts, forgiveness, etc...feel free to ask!

20210809_200511.jpg

Very nice set up!

Just taken delivery of my PXG's...

0211 7 Wood 21° Mitsubishi Diamans 60sReg. 0211 #4 Hybrid 22° set to 23.5 MMT Reg 70g , 6-PW 0211 MMTS Stiff 80g all +1/2"...

Liking them so far but bit early to tell for sure.

Ping G410 stays in bag! Cleveland RTX-3 wedges... Rife Putter. Cleveland 588 Altitude 4 & 5 irons, Stixon Z-Star 3 wood. Shame the weather has turned here in Scotland as I won't get the chance to test it all! But looking forward to next season!! 

"They called it golf because all of the other four letter words were used" Raymond Floyd