TESTERS WANTED! ×

Kelly Plantation Destin

Ben_Howell34

Playing Kelly Plantation in Destin, FL tomorrow on a work trip. Have heard it is a great course, fellow spy @Mtbryant01has played there I know. Anyone else played there and had a good experience? I will give a review tomorrow of my own. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

I grew up just up the road from Destin....didn't play golf then and Destin was nothing more than a sleepy fishing village at that time (60s).  No condos, no golf courses, no wall to wall people, no traffic.....nothing like it is today!!!  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I played Kelly Plantation a couple of years ago. It was in very good condition at the time. I am sure you will enjoy the day.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

19 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Playing Kelly Plantation in Destin, FL tomorrow on a work trip. Have heard it is a great course, fellow spy @Mtbryant01has played there I know. Anyone else played there and had a good experience? I will give a review tomorrow of my own. 

Fun track. Lots of water. Favorite hole might be hole 4 I think with the bay on the left and hotel on the right.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Got to play it today. Was very nice and a fun track. Fairways and greens rolled very well. Lots of water as the guys before mentioned. A few scenic holes as well which is always fun. However the course in my opinion did not justify the price tag of $160. I have definitely played better courses for less. 

The layout was not super tough besides having to be wary of water. However there was definitely a difference in being in the fairway and not which made hitting fairways a priority. In contrast the greens were very tough with a lot of tough pin placements.  I actually 4 putted a par 5 number 6 where I had a GIR and the pin was on a ridge and I was playing hockey with it seemingly. To my recollection I have never 4 putted before. 

Overall a great course and had a fun time (will post about the round more in “How’d You Play?”) but not sure I’d play again unless the price gets closer to $100. 

82015DCD-B33C-40ED-9363-C5F96B0E0202.jpeg

0A3146B8-C93D-4CA6-BE19-AE6A0AA928D1.jpeg

9BFEF436-C3C5-41EB-9C92-184C947AAB79.jpeg

Edited by Ben_Howell34

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

• 3 weeks later...

The thing I like the best about Kelly Plantation is that it has an extra par 5 (and technically an extra par 3 to compensate). That made it more fun as who doesn't love more par 5s? Also, compared to the other Destin golf courses, I thought parts of the course felt very secluded and quiet. A nice natural looking design without a nice variety of holes kept me interested the entire round. I agree the course is more expensive than it should be but I would also say that about Emerald Bay, Regatta Bay, Baytowne and The Raven. Real estate is not cheap in and around Destin so they pass the expenses on to the consumer. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Times have changed for sure, I played all of these courses back 10 - 12 years ago for $50 or under. The best bang for the buck in that area is Windswept Dunes. It's a 20 minute drive out towards Freeport. I believe it's the longest course in Florida.

Edited by GaDawg
spelling

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

1 hour ago, GaDawg said:

Times have changed for sure, I played all of these courses back 10 - 12 years ago for $50 or under. The best bang for the buck in that area in Windswept Dunes. It's a 20 minute drive out towards Freeport. I believe it's the longest course in Florida.

Played Windswept Dunes when it first opened.  I think the tips were 7700 yards.  Very nice track

On 8/12/2021 at 8:01 PM, CarlH said:

I grew up just up the road from Destin....didn't play golf then and Destin was nothing more than a sleepy fishing village at that time (60s).  No condos, no golf courses, no wall to wall people, no traffic.....nothing like it is today!!!  

Now Destin is a madhouse. Used to vacation there in the ‘90’s but it got too crowded.  

I lived in Niceville, just across the bridge from Destin for 2 years.  I took lessons with Rob Strano (of the Golf Channel) at Kelly Plantation.

I definitely enjoy the course, but they're pretty proud of it - it's pricey.  Don't know if you got a chance to get along the waters edge, but there are thousands of hermit crabs and scallops to be found.  There's always a persistent wind coming off the bay, which adds to the challenge.  I've even seen dolphins out there while playing.

It's a good time, definitely a vacation golf place, as only the members and visitors play it regularly due to the cost.  There are better priced options just around the corner - Blue Water Bay comes to mind, as does the Eglin Golf Course (36 holes open to the public).  To be clear, they're not in the same pristine condition that Kelly's is, but pretty nice shape and a heck of a lot cheaper.  On the Destin side, you could play 9-holes of night golf (all holes are lighted) at The Golf Garden of Destin.  Especially if it's a work trip and you're busy during the day.

If you get a chance, Indian Bayou was always in great shape and a fun track to play.  Same with Emerald Bay.

Enjoy your trip - and the local seafood!!

-- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

23 minutes ago, h2ohzrd said:

Now Destin is a madhouse. Used to vacation there in the ‘90’s but it got too crowded.  

They privatized the beaches, which means that any property on the water side, owns the beach down to within 20' of the water.

That means 4.6 miles of the 6 miles of beach are now private.  Huge mistake - now the 'public' squeezes into the few places that are open to everyone.  The local's said the Governor allowed it because he had supporters who owned beachfront property and wanted the beach to themselves.  If you go, the only place to stay and expect some access to the beach is a waterside house/condo/hotel.  Renters beware...

-- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

39 minutes ago, h2ohzrd said:

I know.  I was just there 2 years ago for a reunion.  Insane!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

1 hour ago, Peejer said:

They privatized the beaches, which means that any property on the water side, owns the beach down to within 20' of the water.

That means 4.6 miles of the 6 miles of beach are now private.  Huge mistake - now the 'public' squeezes into the few places that are open to everyone.  The local's said the Governor allowed it because he had supporters who owned beachfront property and wanted the beach to themselves.  If you go, the only place to stay and expect some access to the beach is a waterside house/condo/hotel.  Renters beware...

-- Peejer

After owning a house in Seagrove for the last 12 years, we sold it in April. Getting on the beach is so difficult due to the new laws, which are ridiculous. Additionally, the market was so hot, we could not turn down the profit. Golf in that part of Florida is good, but not as good as other parts of the state.

34 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

After owning a house in Seagrove for the last 12 years, we sold it in April. Getting on the beach is so difficult due to the new laws, which are ridiculous. Additionally, the market was so hot, we could not turn down the profit. Golf in that part of Florida is good, but not as good as other parts of the state.

Indeed!

I play with 24 old frat brothers every April at Kelly, it's a fun tract, runs $110 in April and it's in great shape and there is NO ONE around.

Taylor Made Stealth 2  Driver with ACCURA Senior flex, 42.5 grams

Ping G415 3 Wood

Callaway Epic 5 Wood

Ping G415 22* Hybrid

Sub70 699 irons

Aerotech Steel Fiber I70 graphite shafts an NO1 50 grips

Sub70 286 Forged wedges 54* and 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X putter with oversized Sweet Rollz grip

True Pro Lux and True Links Knit shoes

Played last year. Great course, one of the nicest in Destin.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

• 8 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:22 PM, h2ohzrd said:

Played Windswept Dunes when it first opened.  I think the tips were 7700 yards.  Very nice track

I've been going to the Destin/30A area since I was a kid and have driven past Windswept Dunes so many times.  It is in such a confusing place but looks amazing.  I am planning to play it in a few weeks and looking forward to comparing it to other tracks in the area.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

On 5/3/2022 at 10:58 AM, DeBartola_B said:

I've been going to the Destin/30A area since I was a kid and have driven past Windswept Dunes so many times.  It is in such a confusing place but looks amazing.  I am planning to play it in a few weeks and looking forward to comparing it to other tracks in the area.

I have played Windswept Dunes around 10 times. It's been about 14 months since the last time. I have always enjoyed the course, it does not have the character as some of the higher priced courses in the area. It's fairly open off the tee. I always enjoyed it due to excellent pace of play and it being a relaxed round of golf. That entire area has changed so much, years ago you could play Camp Creek for $75, which is an excellent golf course.

14 hours ago, GaDawg said:

I have played Windswept Dunes around 10 times. It's been about 14 months since the last time. I have always enjoyed the course, it does not have the character as some of the higher priced courses in the area. It's fairly open off the tee. I always enjoyed it due to excellent pace of play and it being a relaxed round of golf. That entire area has changed so much, years ago you could play Camp Creek for $75, which is an excellent golf course.

I have a tee time Friday morning, I'll see if I can post some pictures.  I have played Sharks Tooth in the last few months but apparently Camp Creek has been in rough shape.  They cut the greens really low for a member tournament and couldn't get them to come back.  Such a shame cause they were recently closed for over a year to redo the greens.

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

Thanks to the Army, I spent a lot of time at Ft. Rucker, AL (about an hour and a half away from Destin).  We have continued travelling to the Destin/30A area every year for the past 20 years.  There are a few courses that my Dad and I always make sure that we play....and Kelly Plantation is one of them.

Some other good mentions (that have already been brought up):

- Regatta bay

- Camp Creek

- The Hombre

- The Raven

- Windswept Dunes

- Tiger Pointe

Driver - Sub 70 849D - Fujikura Pro 62 Tour Spec

4 Wood - Sub 70 949X - Sub 70 Project X

7 Wood - Sub 70 949X - Sub 70 Project X

5 iron - Sub 70 699 Pro U V2 23*

6-AW - Sub 70 699 Pro V2

SW - Sub 70 TAIII 2023 Limited Edition Forged 54*

LW - Sub 70 TAIII 2023 Limited  Forged 58*

Putter - PXG Bat Attack

21 minutes ago, hawkdriver said:

Thanks to the Army, I spent a lot of time at Ft. Rucker, AL (about an hour and a half away from Destin).  We have continued travelling to the Destin/30A area every year for the past 20 years.  There are a few courses that my Dad and I always make sure that we play....and Kelly Plantation is one of them.

Some other good mentions (that have already been brought up):

- Regatta bay

- Camp Creek

- The Hombre

- The Raven

- Windswept Dunes

- Tiger Pointe

Unfortunately The Hombre has permanently closed,  I had played it a handful of times and always enjoyed it.  A tough track for a resort style course.

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

On 8/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, Ben_Howell34 said:

Got to play it today. Was very nice and a fun track. Fairways and greens rolled very well. Lots of water as the guys before mentioned. A few scenic holes as well which is always fun. However the course in my opinion did not justify the price tag of $160. I have definitely played better courses for less. 

The layout was not super tough besides having to be wary of water. However there was definitely a difference in being in the fairway and not which made hitting fairways a priority. In contrast the greens were very tough with a lot of tough pin placements.  I actually 4 putted a par 5 number 6 where I had a GIR and the pin was on a ridge and I was playing hockey with it seemingly. To my recollection I have never 4 putted before. 

Overall a great course and had a fun time (will post about the round more in “How’d You Play?”) but not sure I’d play again unless the price gets closer to $100. 

I agree with this completely. There are a few interesting holes but overall a pretty basic Florida course. I found that Regatta Bay was much more enjoyable with a good mix of holes and you had to use every club in your bag.

I also really like Windswept Dunes. Windswept Dunes should be a model for courses. With so many tee boxes, it played perfect when I played with my sister who has only been playing for a year. Easy enough for her but still challenging enough for me. It's also a great example how wide fairways and sparingly using rough still requires strategy.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

1 hour ago, DeBartola_B said:

Unfortunately The Hombre has permanently closed,  I had played it a handful of times and always enjoyed it.  A tough track for a resort style course.

East of Sanddestin to PCB is really hurting for a good public course. 

15 hours ago, TBS said:

East of Sanddestin to PCB is really hurting for a good public course. 

Camp Creek is in the process of building a 'Golf Village' and with it will come an additional course.  I believe they are attempting to create a golf stay and play location that will have access to Camp Creek, Origins, Shark Tooth and the new course they plan to build.  Construction is well underway and I agree is a much needed option, hopefully they will allow some tee times for people not staying on property, but I am not hopeful that will be the case.

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

59 minutes ago, DeBartola_B said:

Camp Creek is in the process of building a 'Golf Village' and with it will come an additional course.  I believe they are attempting to create a golf stay and play location that will have access to Camp Creek, Origins, Shark Tooth and the new course they plan to build.  Construction is well underway and I agree is a much needed option, hopefully they will allow some tee times for people not staying on property, but I am not hopeful that will be the case.

Yeah I hope so too. Last summer, I sent the Pro an email asking about playing (just a shot in the dark). He said they were slammed and could barely get all of their members on. I also heard that Camp Creek is quoting quite a premium if you can get a tee time (making Kelly and Regatta seem like a steal for their rates). I have heard that it is definitely one of if not the nicest course.

Great for that area, though. Developers definitely saw a need and are meeting it. I bet lots are selling quick! 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, TBS said:

I agree with this completely. There are a few interesting holes but overall a pretty basic Florida course. I found that Regatta Bay was much more enjoyable with a good mix of holes and you had to use every club in your bag.

I also really like Windswept Dunes. Windswept Dunes should be a model for courses. With so many tee boxes, it played perfect when I played with my sister who has only been playing for a year. Easy enough for her but still challenging enough for me. It's also a great example how wide fairways and sparingly using rough still requires strategy.

I’m out here today and just got done at Windswept. Love playing here when I visit for the week at the beach. Course is in fantastic shape. 5-6 tee boxes to pick from and always a fun challenge!

Like some have mentioned, I wish there were a couple more comparable options in price over in the Seagrove/Seacrest area as I don’t want to pay $300 for Camp Creek or Sharks Tooth.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I am headed to Destin next week and since I have two small kids I have to play close to where we stay (Tops'l - Miramar). As such, Windswept is off the table. I typically play at Baytowne since it is across the street. I am finally going to test the waters at the Links of Sandestin. I always look at it on Google Earth and decide it looks WAY too tight off the tee but I am going to bite the bullet and play out there this time. I have played all the Destin courses and this time I just playing some of the less expensive courses so it is going to be Links, Baytowne and Emerald Bay. I have a soft spot for Emerald Bay because I lit it up one time (made 6 birdies out there) and so I ignore a lot of its short comings (pace of play out there is typically awful). Baytowne is fine, nothing exceptional but I always enjoy it. So the Links is really the wildcard. I legitimately may not hit Driver once out there...it just doesn't seem worth it. The 18th hole at the Links also looks incredibly intimidating. I mean...there is no where to miss on your approach. It is like a golf designed in a lab to be insanely penal. Check this out:

image.png.eac9dc9bbf594023f18358fac7abfc47.png

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

On 5/11/2022 at 4:15 PM, DeBartola_B said:

Agree. It officially closed after the last major hurricane, going on 3 years I believe.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, TBS said:

Yeah I hope so too. Last summer, I sent the Pro an email asking about playing (just a shot in the dark). He said they were slammed and could barely get all of their members on. I also heard that Camp Creek is quoting quite a premium if you can get a tee time (making Kelly and Regatta seem like a steal for their rates). I have heard that it is definitely one of if not the nicest course.

Great for that area, though. Developers definitely saw a need and are meeting it. I bet lots are selling quick! 

I don't see where St Joe building another course or opening a "Golf Village" is going to help anything unless you are staying on a St. Joe property. The price to play any of their courses, if available, will be outrageous. We owned a home on the gulf side of 30A about 4 miles from Camp Creek for over 10 years and sold it 14 months ago. People have very very little access to the beaches due to the private beach situation. Things have changed so much in this area over the last 3 years, it just became a chore just to go. Golf is a lot better and priced more affordable in other areas of Florida.