Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

SQAIRZ Goes Pink to Support The American Cancer Society

GolfSpy Barbajo

This showed up in my Inbox this week from SQAIRZ founder and owner Bob Winskowicz and as both the husband and son of a cancer survivor, it made me glad to see. Below is the press release, but I also thought I'd share the email, as it shows it not some kind of publicity stunt to sell shoes. If you knew Bob, you know he's not the type of person to do that, but you need to hear it in his words, not mine:

John 

Thanks for the text exchange and appreciate you sharing the SQAIRZ – ACS “Take A Swing at Cancer” partnership program with the My Golf Spy team.    

Unfortunately we have all been touched by cancer in some way and too many of us have seen it up close and personal.  In 2007, I lost my brother Jeff to an aggressive form of lymphoma.  It was less than 3 weeks between his diagnosis and his passing.   From a bedside seat, my parents, brothers and sisters watched as the cancer radically changed his appearance and took his life at the age of 44.  That scene that will live with me forever.   

This past February, I was invited to the ACS 2021 Impact Makers event in Florida where several (breast) cancer survivors spoke about their battle with cancer.  We were taken on an emotional roller coaster that began with a gut- wrenching diagnosis and ended with the joy of being cancer free.  We heard from medical professionals who were very proud of the advancements in detection and treatment of cancer.  There was an incredible, almost tangible passion for the fight and an overwhelming sense of optimism towards finding a cure. 

One of the presenters talked about how breast cancer effects both men and women which took many of us men by surprise.  He spoke about a program called “Real Men Wear Pink” which is directed at men to raise awareness (and money) about  breast cancer.   I left the event inspired and highly motived to use the SQAIRZ brand/platform to create more awareness.

I decided to create a men’s and women’s PINK golf shoe to acknowledge, support and promote (breast) cancer awareness, education, treatment, and cure.   SQAIRZ will be donating $30 per pair to the ACS and our goal is to present a check somewhere north of $125,000 at the end of October to the ACS team. 

As you know, influencers, bloggers, traditional golf media, and ideally, organizations like My Golf Spy can reach a lot people.  In addition to raising money, we want to utilize our relationships in golf to create even more awareness.  I am not looking for a shoe endorsement or a platform to call out competitive features and benefits.  All I ask is that people share the press release, talk about the ACS partnership and maybe even our corporate mission to philanthropy. 

The presale went live on July 27th and shoes will ship to customers by the end of September; just in time for October Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  As promised, attached please find the program press release.  I appreciate your willingness to share the story with the MGS team and would very much appreciate their support and help “take a swing at cancer”. 

Kindest regards, 

Bob

SQAIRZ Launches Limited Edition Men’s & Women’s Golf
Shoes To Benefit American Cancer Society

WINDHAM, NH, July 14, 2021 -- SQAIRZ, the
fastest growing golf shoe company,
announced today their partnership with the
American Cancer Society (ACS) to increase
awareness about breast cancer and breast
cancer month through the ‘Real Men Wear
Pink’ campaign. SQAIRZ has launched two
pink limited edition men’s and women’s golf
shoes emblazoned with the breast cancer
awareness ribbon and a portion of sales from
these shoes will be donated directly to the
ACS.
These new limited edition SQAIRZ golf shoes
will be available to preorder on Tuesday, July
27, 2021 exclusively at https://sqairz.com/.
Shoe orders have an anticipated ship date of
September 30, 2021.
Both the SQAIRZ FREEDOMTM ACS Golf
Shoe for women and the SQAIRZ SPEEDTM
ACS Golf Shoe for men are designed with the
same technology that has made SQAIRZ a
leader in the world of golf shoe performance.
These shoes present a great opportunity for
golfers to raise money for a worthy cause
while improving their golf game.
‘Real Men Wear Pink’ is a campaign where
community leaders around the country work
to raise awareness and money to support the
American Cancer Society’s mission to save
more lives than ever from breast cancer. You
can learn more about the ‘Real Men Wear
Pink’ campaign by clicking here.

When asked about his involvement with the
‘Real Men Wear Pink’ campaign and his
company’s new ACS golf shoes, the CEO
and Founder of SQAIRZ, Robert Winskowicz,
replied, “This is a deeply personal issue to
me. I lost my brother to cancer and I would do
anything to prevent this from happening to
another family. Whether it's breast cancer or
otherwise, this is a disease that has affected
so many. I’ve really come to understand
through my own experiences and the many
other families I’ve met that are going through
the same thing, what a devastating effect this
disease has on families. We are supporting
the ACS because so many millions have
been positively affected by their great work
and the golf community can do so much to
spread education, awareness, and help to
contribute to a worthy cause.”

About The American Cancer Society

The American Cancer Society is a nationwide voluntary health organization dedicated to
eliminating cancer. Established in 1913, the society is organized into six geographical regions of
both medical and lay volunteers operating in more than 250 regional offices throughout the
United States. They are a nonprofit organization, therefore they cannot endorse any commercial
products. The American Cancer Society has invested more than $5 billion in cancer research
since 1946 in an effort to find more effective cancer treatment treatments, uncover factors that
cause cancer, and improve cancer patients’ quality of life.

About SQAIRZ

SQAIRZ is the fastest growing golf shoe brand and the first golf shoe designed to increase
distance, balance, stability, and speed. SQAIRZ®’s patented toe design, spike positioning,
specially placed comfort padding, Sta-Put laces, and other performance innovations have been
proven to improve golfers’ positioning, biomechanics, comfort, balance, and stability. These
innovations help golfers to consistently achieve greater accuracy as well as increased ground
force connection and swing speed for greater distance. For more information, visit sqairz.com or
connect with the company on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.

SqairzPNKBridgeShot1.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• GolfSpy Barbajo changed the title to SQAIRZ Goes Pink to Support The American Cancer Society

Just bought a pair. While $249 may be steep for a pair of golf shoes, at least I can feel good about wearing them. And I'm sure to get a ribbing from the golf buds about wearing pink shoes, but it'll all be worth it. 😉

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo