Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Iron Covers

Paul Hedrick

Just now, Shankster said:

Going to have to wait till later.  I’m about to hit the course. 18 was calling my name.

They look like the shop in Bangladesh used the carton of jacket sleeves for that pattern 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

They look like the shop in Bangladesh used the carton of jacket sleeves for that pattern 🤣.

It’s like wearing a pair of sweatpants, but classy.  The mobility you get out of them is outstanding.  Yoga, golf, running, office work, travel… 

im done with normal pants.  I don’t cere if I am almost 40.  Joggers are my go to for pants.  So much more comfortable than unstrechable “pants”😂

I use iron covers for the same reason I keep my woods and putter covered, to protect from dings. It makes absolutely no sense to me to not use covers on soft forgings. Why cover your Scotty/Betti/JDM putter but not your irons? If my covers bother you, then you have bigger problems and probably wear a white belt. 😉 

Edited by Titleist87

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Here you go.  Full jogger mode.  You should try them.  They are liberating… 😂🙃😂

6BD070A8-2413-410D-A8A5-2C35C7CBAD52.jpeg

Rodney Dangerfield in the pro shop just popped into my head. Really, they do look good on you 😁.  

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

The part you can’t see is how out of shape I am… wow.  Need to add some planks or something in… gained a few Covid pounds apparently. 😳

Yea, not to send this thread further into deep space than we have, but that's been a challenge for many.  Getting enough exercise was already a problem for a large part of the population.  I'm actually kicking myself for having opted to leave my mountain bike in AZ... didn't want to mess with the rack.  Figured I'd buy another when we got back.... then I saw prices... RU Kidding Me? 😲

OK... I take a stab at getting this thread back on track.  

I have head covers for my irons.  There, I said it!!  They go on my irons when I put my bag in the airline travel bag (Club Glove), and they come off when I get where I'm going.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

OK... I take a stab at getting this thread back on track.  

I have head covers for my irons.  There, I said it!!  They go on my irons when I put my bag in the airline travel bag (Club Glove), and they come off when I get where I'm going.

I knew it... I just knew it 🙂.  

... I will never understand people that say they will never understand people. 🤣  We have both sides of never understand in this thread. Never understand people that use head covers and never understand people that don't use head covers . Here is the answer: people are different. I appreciate purists that like a good worn forged iron with battle scars all over every club head. I appreciate those that use iron covers to keep their tools looking as nice as possible. I just don't give a rodents posterior how you organize your bag or what you have in it. Do you enjoy golf and are you a nice person, pleasant to spend 4 hours or so at a reasonable pace with while playing a game which is basically grown ups recess? That's really all the counts in my book. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Thug the Bunny said:

This is one of those topics that shows some folks can't help themselves from criticizing totally inane insignificant things about others. I have absolutely no opinion about what someone else does with their equipment.

... Can you even begin to imagine a world where everyone thought and acted exactly the same? I know there are some (especially in the US today) that think they would like it, but confronted with a billion other "you's" would put them in the middle of an unpleasant episode of the Twilight Zone.  

All great comments here.. I have gone covered or uncovered at various times.  For some, I am sure it can be a form, function or even fashion statement. For me, an iron cover decision is functional to keep the bag chatter down or keep from losing a badge off the back of an iron.  As I like to tell my buddies that play, "My sponsor dumped me so I am out of pocket for equipment".  With the high cost of equipment I try to keep my gear cared for. Not that is helps residual value, but if I want to give my set to my son or brother when I upgrade, I would like the irons to be presentable at the very least.  And if someone like my choice of iron covers, great.  If they don't, that's great too, either way it's a conversation.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

On 9/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, chisag said:

... Can you even begin to imagine a world where everyone thought and acted exactly the same? I know there are some (especially in the US today) that think they would like it, but confronted with a billion other "you's" would put them in the middle of an unpleasant episode of the Twilight Zone.  

I didn't mean to imply that everyone should think alike or that there should be no conversation on this. I guess I'm used to another golf forum where this topic always involves a lot of derision and name calling.

8 minutes ago, Thug the Bunny said:

I didn't mean to imply that everyone should think alike or that there should be no conversation on this. I guess I'm used to another golf forum where this topic always involves a lot of derision and name calling.

... It was a comment on those that hate iron head covers as I was agreeing with your post. Especially on another forum. As a low index using forged irons I should be the prototypical iron head cover hater but I would absolutely use iron head covers if 1) I didn't lose them because I have enough problems keeping track of one putter head cover and 2) they weren't cumbersome to use. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It was a comment on those that hate iron head covers as I was agreeing with your post. Especially on another forum. As a low index using forged irons I should be the prototypical iron head cover hater but I would absolutely use iron head covers if 1) I didn't lose them because I have enough problems keeping track of one putter head cover and 2) they weren't cumbersome to use. 

Per-zactly!  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

I used iron covers for a couple seasons after getting my new Wilson Staff Tour Blades. Gorgeous clubs. But I stopped because as you said I kept losing them and they were a pita especially when playing quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why people get so worked up about some people using iron covers.  Worry about your own bag *this can be said about a lot of things in life these days though 

My old bag, the irons would click together when they were in my car so I got cheap iron covers just to stop the annoyance when I was driving.  For whatever reason, I haven't noticed it as much with my new bag.

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus