Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Summerlin, Las Vegas Golf Options

Staying a night in October at the JW Marriott in Summerlin.  Initial thought was to play TPC Las Vegas with the Sunday Football Deal they have going ($25 shop credit plus free range balls and lunch), but looked at the map and other options close by are available including:

https://www.thearroyogolfclub.com/

http://www.angelpark.com/

https://www.clubcorp.com/clubs/canyon-gate-country-club/

Curious if anyone has a suggestion/opinion on which one to play in that general area?

4-PW Nike Vapor Fly Steel Irons, True Temper ZT 85-PT Shafts, Regular Flex, Standard Length, +2 Degree Upright

Nike Vaport Fly Drive 9.5 Degree Left Tensi-Stiff Shaft

Ping Anser 17 Degree TFC Standard Felx 800-H Shaft

Mizuno 3 Wood 15 Degree 5-50 Graphite Shaft Shipped to Florida Set

TOUR EDGE GOLF CBX FAIRWAY - 13.5* - STIFF FLEX - #3 FAIRWAY [PROJECT X HZRDUS YELLOW 6.0 75 GRAPHITE]

35'' Odyssey Works 9 Putter  with Superstroke Slim Grip

Cleveland 588-RTX 52/10 

Titlest BV SM4 Vokey 60/10

Callaway MD3 Milled S-Grind 46/8

I've played TPC Las Vegas; it's nice.  Haven't played the others.

Make sure you check aeration schedules; happens in October. Some could be closed.  Personally, I don't like playing on courses with recent plug and sanded greens when I travel.  Ruins the experience.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have played Arroyo and Angel Park. Arroyo is a very nice course. There’s a lot of space between some of the greens to the next tee, but that happens on the courses that meanders through a neighborhood. It’s in great shape and was fun to play. Park  is good,but didn’t really make much of an impression on on me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Over seed is done in September going on right now--if later in October it is the best time for golf in Vegas.  TPC is the best that you mentioned.  Canyon Gate has had trouble with their greens so I would not recommend until next spring.  You might look into Seina Golf Club a few miles away from Arroyo.  I would play that prior to playing Arroyo.

Have a safe trip.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

• 1 month later...

$500 is a ton of money to spend on a round of golf with rented clubs, IMO. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

31 minutes ago, vandyland said:

$500 is a ton of money to spend on a round of golf with rented clubs, IMO. 

And IMO for some courses I would pay that plus to play them. Sometimes the experience is worth the price

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1