TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vice Pro Zero

MGoBlue100

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Did you get the 2016 or the 2020 version? I've been demoing the 2020 stuff and the durability hasn't been an issue.

Im glad to hear that. In fact, you’re the first who’s mentioned that they’ve improved. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

25 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I'm curious what part you find far superior about Snell /OnCore? I've played Snell, great ball, really enjoy it. I've also played a lot of vice pro and think it is a great ball. 

I play the red vice pro, and I do think that the red paint is less durable than getting a plain white ball. You definitely see marks from trees /paths and other hard objects. 

But pretending I only hit club faces and fairways, I can play a single ball for a couple rounds. 

Dean Snell’s process in actually manufacturing the product. His entire process from start to finish is superior. 

There are some here who can explain a little more eloquently than I can. 

The Elixr is just a straight up side by side analysis by me over several rounds playing both that and the Pro Plus. It Held up better, was longer and I liked the feel better. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

23 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Im glad to hear that. In fact, you’re the first who’s mentioned that they’ve improved. 

Of course, you also know I'm rocking the Gold, so maybe I'm not seeing it. Same with the couple of Drip balls I've found. Plus the Ball Lab did show appreciable improvement. With your stockpile and impending 2022 choice of Left dash, no need to go back there methinks

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

I never had issues with durability, even with the older version. And I've been playing it for a few years now, 2-3 rounds per week. Or maybe I just don't hit it hard enough or long enough to see wear and tear 😄

I would love to try Snell and Oncore, but getting them in Europe is just not a good choice from the price perspective.

Can't say it's the best ball out there, but at the price I can get them for, it's the best bang for buck in my book.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Dean Snell’s process in actually manufacturing the product. His entire process from start to finish is superior. 

I'll give you that Dean is good people, I like his hand written notes when you purchase golf balls, and he definitely does the design. He is a legend and for good reason. 

Vice really only designed a logo and the color options. 

But both are made in Korea, as far as construction goes there is no difference between vice and Snell in terms of quality. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

3 hours ago, Thin2win said:

But both are made in Korea, as far as construction goes there is no difference between vice and Snell in terms of quality. 

Not sure about that. We bought around 2000 balls for a charity tournament, and the boxes were all labeled Made in Taiwan.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

3 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Vice really only designed a logo and the color options. 

You hit it on the head.

Snell beats Vice as Vice is more of a brand, a lifestyle.

Snell balls are designed and engineered by someone with decades of experience. That makes a big difference when you consider the actual product. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

5 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I never had issues with durability, even with the older version. And I've been playing it for a few years now, 2-3 rounds per week. Or maybe I just don't hit it hard enough or long enough to see wear and tear 😄

I would love to try Snell and Oncore, but getting them in Europe is just not a good choice from the price perspective.

Can't say it's the best ball out there, but at the price I can get them for, it's the best bang for buck in my book.

If you’re happy with them, I 100% agree. That’s the entire point of what we’re all doing, play what works best 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

But just for the sake of information:

On the European Snell website, the biggest savings you can get is buying 12 dozen, which translates to EUR 3,16/ball. As a DTC brand, not many savings there compared to the big buys:

TP5x EUR 3,2/ball
ProV1 EUR 3,33/ball
Chrome Soft EUR 3,4/ball
Z-Star EUR 3,3/ball

Last time I bought Vice, was able to score each ball for EUR 2. (retail for EUR 2,69/ball @ 5 dozen)

So for about 60% extra cost, I sure as hell ain't seeing 60% gain in performance/length 🤣

I checked again and there is 0 news about the Pro Zero on German golf media. So for a company "engineering in Germany" what the hell...

OK, rant off...

36 minutes ago, bens197 said:

You hit it on the head.

Exactly this!

I think their idea is to be different (similar to Cobra marketing Rickie Fowler at the very beginning?) with bright colors, non-traditional designs, which is definitely cool and provides a touch of freshness.

But then I took a look at their accessories: caps priced as high as Titleist EUR 25, cart bags in the EUR 300 range and a collaboration of golf shoes with Adidas that were selling for EUR 300 as well. Dang! That ain't cheap.

• SPY VIP
3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Not sure about that. We bought around 2000 balls for a charity tournament, and the boxes were all labeled Made in Taiwan.

Foremost, which does Vice, OnCore, the Maxlfi Tour Stuff and Wilson Staff model and TP5/5x core & mantles is in Taiwan.

Snell MTB and MTB-X are made by Nassau in Korea.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I often wonder how much of an opinion about a golf ball is confirmation bias and/or cognitive dissonance.   The differences are more or less negligible between these balls. 

image.png.81023a1d4306c8b7a8c0815d47221519.png

image.png.37ca0da5c8e0eb02cfb14973fd7454d9.png

image.png.1cb6c31a02ae81fa02e5ec9d16dbc44f.png

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

You hit it on the head.

Snell balls are designed and engineered by someone with decades of experience. That makes a big difference when you consider the actual product. 

true, but Foremost has decades of building ball experience too. So they get some credit for making a bazillion golf balls. 😃

I like the Snell story better, but as far as the balls go, I find them both very capable. I said both were made in Korea, I really just meant to say both were made overseas, and by very reputable ball manufactures, they are both going to be pretty decent quality. 

All that said, I still want to hear how these Zero's do. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

As a 9, it would probably be presumptuous of me to consider the ball to be a major factor in my quality of play. 

I had an awful time trying to club myself with wound balls when I started out, so I simply didn't play them.

Now they don't exist;   so much for that problem.

How I landed on such a self-indulgently expensive ball choice

when my playing it may not be absolutely necessary is also random. 

I got a dozen as a gift.  I did reasonably well playing them.  My previously played model went out of production.  

New regular ball.  

No point making things more complicated than they are already.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 8/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I like their packaging but trying to make the connection between golf and a Mackerel.  Vice most definitely has an "out-of-the-box" approach to golf balls.  Anyone gaming "The Drip"?

53aa1fc0-77a2-4555-b219-fd77b326ac97.5c1cfeb2704bdf8da7be92dbc3fa42d0.png?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

And, if you happen upon one of these, hang onto it as they are a limited edition and may one day be a collectible. 

header-1024x640.jpg

I played the drip and felt it was okay in all aspects imo. Honestly I liked the color of it but I'd probably do better with the pro/pro plus.  

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

Hi Guys and maybe gals too.

I tested the Vice Zeros today. Yes they do go farther, maybe 10 to 15 yds more.

I tried the Drive, Tour, Tour Pros. This Zero with my swing speed had the old expected crack sound and I actually had several balls back up. Think Ill get some more before they are sold out. Have fun!

Tried mine today around the green against a Chrome Soft and a Z Star XV.  Was definitely harder than the Chrome Soft and fairly similar to the XV.  Seemed to produce more spin on different shots around the green.  I felt like I could get this ball to check more than the Chrome Soft and a bit more than the XV when I needed/wanted to.  Reminded me of a TP5 in terms of how it reacted around the green, not the same feel though.  Still trying to process that, but I was able to do things with the Zero that I was able to do with the TP5. Taking it out on the course tomorrow.  Hopefully they don't spin out of control for me on full shots.  It was the problem I had with the TP5 and ended up re-homing those balls :-).

Edited by miketratnik
Grammar haha

Well all I can say about the vice pro zeros is they are stupid. I mean stupid long added 5 to 10 yards. Stupid straight the went on beautiful lines in which aimed and the stopping on the greens was amazing.  Usually I would hit a green and hop off on most shots but these would be within a yard if not close to the divot. So these are now my go too balls.  My old gammers  were pv1,1x, or z stars. 

Got my shipment in last night and they're garbage so everything said about them likely being manufactured in a different facility is probably true.

They bear the "pro" name and are barely cheaper than the excellent Pro Plus but they feel like a Noodle off irons. The putting alignment that's usually another reason I stick with Vice (besides price) over Pro V's is now printed over dimples in a more haphazard manner that makes it much less useful for alignment purposes.

It's disappointing that they took a ball that belongs with their Tour/Drive lines and stuck the Pro name on it because I thought it was going to be something I would use at a good price point. Should have ignored the hype and stuck with the balls I've actually used and like.

• Driver - :taylormade-small: SIM (10.5°) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (S)
  • 3 Hybrid - :srixon-small: Z H85 (19°) - Project X HZRDUS Black (S)
  • 5 Hybrid - :honma: XP-1 (25°) - Vizard (R)
  • 4I-GW - :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal - Nippon NS (R - +0.5)
  • SW - :honma: TW-w4 (56°/12 - Nippon Modus 125)
  • LW - :honma: TW-w4 (60°/8 - Nippon Modus 125)
  • Putter - Kirkland Signature KS-1
  • Ball - :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Well played them yesterday.  They were a really solid golf ball.  Definitely a little more click to them than the XV and Chrome Soft.  Performed well around and on the greens.  It was a bit windy and they didn't spin out or balloon on me.  Other than me spraying them all over the place at was a ball that was worth the price.  Not re-homing these 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they are up on the site for sale now: https://www.vicegolf.com/us/vice-golf-pro-zero-white

Only in white so far, but at the rate I've been losing balls lately it may be worth a go until I sort my swing out... 

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

Really interesting price point, especially with the sale. I am curious but I don't think there is any way I would buy 5 dozen of these without more feedback first. It really seemed that they hurried these to market, going through a new manufacturer. I would be pretty surprised if these balls were as good or better than their other Pro balls. Wish I could just get a sleeve and compare to Pro/Pro Plus and another urethane ball!

17 hours ago, Londo said:

Really interesting price point, especially with the sale. I am curious but I don't think there is any way I would buy 5 dozen of these without more feedback first. It really seemed that they hurried these to market, going through a new manufacturer. I would be pretty surprised if these balls were as good or better than their other Pro balls. Wish I could just get a sleeve and compare to Pro/Pro Plus and another urethane ball!

IMHO and this is just IMHO I think they designed this ball to compete in the under $25 catagory with the Srixon Soft Feel and Srixon Marathon at Wal Mart. I know Wal Mart now carries Vice balls--- Before I joined my current club I was a big fan of and played both Vice and Snell balls. Both again IMHO are quality balls and if I went back to playing Pro Comp or big money matches I would have no hesitation of playing Snell or Vice. These balls I have not tried yet. My current course has a big Srixon presence so in the last couple of years in various events I have won a plethera of Srixon balls so I play them. But I may for under $25 get a dozen at Wally World to try.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 1 year later...

Glad I found this thread as I am looking at Vice here in Switzerland for golf balls. I likely prefer feel of others, however the value here is nearly too hard to pass up. Half the price of others easily... to be determined as it is the end of the season as well. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Just wondering if anyone else had anything to say on these or any news if they had used them found them or really anything?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 4 months later...

I like the Zero

My usual ball was the Srixon Z-Star.  I’m trying out the Maxfli Tour and the Vice Zero.

I find the Srixon Z-Star and the Maxfli Tour to be very similar in performance and feel.

For me, the Zero is longer and harder.  I get an extra 5 yards off the tee with the Zero. I don’t spin the ball back very well, usually the best I get is a hop and stop.  The Srixon and Maxfli seem to check up a bit more than the Zero, but the Zero is very playable for me.  The Zero is clickier on putts

Durability is similar for all three.  I rarely loose a ball so it stays in play a long time.

Nortn 

PXG 0211 Driver, Tour Edge Fairways, Callaway Mavrik Pro Irons, Edel Putter

Senior Tees