Vice Pro Zero

MGoBlue100

• SPY VIP
3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Not sure about that. We bought around 2000 balls for a charity tournament, and the boxes were all labeled Made in Taiwan.

Foremost, which does Vice, OnCore, the Maxlfi Tour Stuff and Wilson Staff model and TP5/5x core & mantles is in Taiwan.

Snell MTB and MTB-X are made by Nassau in Korea.

• Like 6

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I often wonder how much of an opinion about a golf ball is confirmation bias and/or cognitive dissonance.   The differences are more or less negligible between these balls. 

image.png.81023a1d4306c8b7a8c0815d47221519.png

image.png.37ca0da5c8e0eb02cfb14973fd7454d9.png

image.png.1cb6c31a02ae81fa02e5ec9d16dbc44f.png

Driver:  RBZ Stage 2 (9.5)

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13)

3U: Sub70 (19.5)

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S) 

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

You hit it on the head.

Snell beats Vice as Vice is more of a brand, a lifestyle.

Snell balls are designed and engineered by someone with decades of experience. That makes a big difference when you consider the actual product. 

true, but Foremost has decades of building ball experience too. So they get some credit for making a bazillion golf balls. 😃

I like the Snell story better, but as far as the balls go, I find them both very capable. I said both were made in Korea, I really just meant to say both were made overseas, and by very reputable ball manufactures, they are both going to be pretty decent quality. 

All that said, I still want to hear how these Zero's do. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

As a 9, it would probably be presumptuous of me to consider the ball to be a major factor in my quality of play. 

I had an awful time trying to club myself with wound balls when I started out, so I simply didn't play them.

Now they don't exist;   so much for that problem.

How I landed on such a self-indulgently expensive ball choice

when my playing it may not be absolutely necessary is also random. 

I got a dozen as a gift.  I did reasonably well playing them.  My previously played model went out of production.  

New regular ball.  

No point making things more complicated than they are already.

• Like 2

TaylorMade 307cc___13.5°  / Mitsubishi MiDi Proto

Titleist PT___17, 20, 23º  /  Titleist proprietary MG207

Mizuno Fli Hi II__18° driving iron  / Mizuno proprietary Exsar Blue

Titleist T100___5-9  / Mitsubishi Kuro Cage TiNi 85

Titleist Spin Milled___50-08, 56-08, 62-07  /  Aldila NV105

Tad Moore Chicopee___putter

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 8/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I like their packaging but trying to make the connection between golf and a Mackerel.  Vice most definitely has an "out-of-the-box" approach to golf balls.  Anyone gaming "The Drip"?

53aa1fc0-77a2-4555-b219-fd77b326ac97.5c1cfeb2704bdf8da7be92dbc3fa42d0.png?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

And, if you happen upon one of these, hang onto it as they are a limited edition and may one day be a collectible. 

header-1024x640.jpg

I played the drip and felt it was okay in all aspects imo. Honestly I liked the color of it but I'd probably do better with the pro/pro plus.  

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

Hi Guys and maybe gals too.

I tested the Vice Zeros today. Yes they do go farther, maybe 10 to 15 yds more.

I tried the Drive, Tour, Tour Pros. This Zero with my swing speed had the old expected crack sound and I actually had several balls back up. Think Ill get some more before they are sold out. Have fun!

• Like 2

Tried mine today around the green against a Chrome Soft and a Z Star XV.  Was definitely harder than the Chrome Soft and fairly similar to the XV.  Seemed to produce more spin on different shots around the green.  I felt like I could get this ball to check more than the Chrome Soft and a bit more than the XV when I needed/wanted to.  Reminded me of a TP5 in terms of how it reacted around the green, not the same feel though.  Still trying to process that, but I was able to do things with the Zero that I was able to do with the TP5. Taking it out on the course tomorrow.  Hopefully they don't spin out of control for me on full shots.  It was the problem I had with the TP5 and ended up re-homing those balls :-).

Edited by miketratnik
Grammar haha
  • Like 1

Well all I can say about the vice pro zeros is they are stupid. I mean stupid long added 5 to 10 yards. Stupid straight the went on beautiful lines in which aimed and the stopping on the greens was amazing.  Usually I would hit a green and hop off on most shots but these would be within a yard if not close to the divot. So these are now my go too balls.  My old gammers  were pv1,1x, or z stars. 

• Like 1

Got my shipment in last night and they're garbage so everything said about them likely being manufactured in a different facility is probably true.

They bear the "pro" name and are barely cheaper than the excellent Pro Plus but they feel like a Noodle off irons. The putting alignment that's usually another reason I stick with Vice (besides price) over Pro V's is now printed over dimples in a more haphazard manner that makes it much less useful for alignment purposes.

It's disappointing that they took a ball that belongs with their Tour/Drive lines and stuck the Pro name on it because I thought it was going to be something I would use at a good price point. Should have ignored the hype and stuck with the balls I've actually used and like.

• Like 1
  • Driver - :taylormade-small: SIM (10.5°) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (S)
  • 3 Hybrid - :srixon-small: Z H85 (19°) - Project X HZRDUS Black (S)
  • 5 Hybrid - :honma: XP-1 (25°) - Vizard (R)
  • 4I-GW - :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal - Nippon NS (R - +0.5)
  • SW - :honma: TW-w4 (56°/12 - Nippon Modus 125)
  • LW - :honma: TW-w4 (60°/8 - Nippon Modus 125)
  • Putter - Kirkland Signature KS-1
  • Ball - :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Well played them yesterday.  They were a really solid golf ball.  Definitely a little more click to them than the XV and Chrome Soft.  Performed well around and on the greens.  It was a bit windy and they didn't spin out or balloon on me.  Other than me spraying them all over the place at was a ball that was worth the price.  Not re-homing these 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they are up on the site for sale now: https://www.vicegolf.com/us/vice-golf-pro-zero-white

Only in white so far, but at the rate I've been losing balls lately it may be worth a go until I sort my swing out... 

• Like 1

Driver:  RBZ Stage 2 (9.5)

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13)

3U: Sub70 (19.5)

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S) 

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

Really interesting price point, especially with the sale. I am curious but I don't think there is any way I would buy 5 dozen of these without more feedback first. It really seemed that they hurried these to market, going through a new manufacturer. I would be pretty surprised if these balls were as good or better than their other Pro balls. Wish I could just get a sleeve and compare to Pro/Pro Plus and another urethane ball!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Londo said:

Really interesting price point, especially with the sale. I am curious but I don't think there is any way I would buy 5 dozen of these without more feedback first. It really seemed that they hurried these to market, going through a new manufacturer. I would be pretty surprised if these balls were as good or better than their other Pro balls. Wish I could just get a sleeve and compare to Pro/Pro Plus and another urethane ball!

IMHO and this is just IMHO I think they designed this ball to compete in the under $25 catagory with the Srixon Soft Feel and Srixon Marathon at Wal Mart. I know Wal Mart now carries Vice balls--- Before I joined my current club I was a big fan of and played both Vice and Snell balls. Both again IMHO are quality balls and if I went back to playing Pro Comp or big money matches I would have no hesitation of playing Snell or Vice. These balls I have not tried yet. My current course has a big Srixon presence so in the last couple of years in various events I have won a plethera of Srixon balls so I play them. But I may for under $25 get a dozen at Wally World to try.

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff