Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

on line ball shopping??

Tsecor

I've been able to find my balls on Amazon when the price is right. Otherwise I just go with Golf Galaxy when the BOGOs are on. If I run out of deals, I'll turn to the bulk buys via Snell or Vice. Always looking to stay under $40/doz.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 8/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, Tsecor said:

Where do you guys purchase your balls?

I have tried many links associated with MGS and even outsode of MGS but with shipping and taxes, a dozen balls are trending above $60.

Callaway is out of CSX balls as well. 

any tips?

I buy my golf balls at Amazon and Golf balls.com That's the best prices I've found.

Back in golf after a 25 year delay. Go Dawgs!!

I buy vice tour or pro soft from their website.  I get 5 dozen at a time and the total cost ( including shipping) is $85. Vice pro soft is $15 more for 5 dozen.  The only drawback is that it takes about 10 days as they are shipped from Germany. If only buy a dozen at a time they are about $ 25 bucks, the more u buy the more u save.   Great deal and they have 6 models to chose from!!!!

Responding to the original question - Around March, Srixon, Callaway, TM, and Titleist will offer a buy 2 or 3, get 1 more free.  At times, Srixon has had a buy 2 get 3 for Father's Day.  Some large online/retail stores will offer X-outs/Practice Pro-V products for $29.99 to $39.99 a dozen on occasion.  These are primarily minor blemishes and beat any ball that has bounced off a tree/cart path.  After that, they are at list price at $45 to $50 a dozen plus sales tax and shipping.  The price for the latest development for pro golfers with the R&D spread across the amateur market.

The other alternative are the Direct To Consumer companies.  Based solely on Dave Snell's reputation for prior work for Titleist and TM, my recommendation is a Snell ball in quantity to keep the price under $30/dozen.  Kirkland from Costco is a good value.  The covers have a reputation for not holding up well.  But if you lose more than 1 ball a round, you can make up for it with $1.25 a piece and put the unpretty balls in the shag bag.

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

1 hour ago, William L said:

TGW and Carl’s will have free shipping. Golf galaxy promotes free shipping on tour balls. 

ill have to look again....last week it was $9 to ship a dzn, so after tax and shipping these were $60 / dzn

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

i actually thought that when i saw this....but even the box label is incorrect....someone had a field day with this box...

no....i sent them pics and they said "keep em"....i dont evben know what balls these are...no model # on the sides and they looked used

Did they refund you ? They should give you a discount and send you the right balls! 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

8 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

they are sending the correct order overnight.....we'll see what arrives tomorrow

Next time I’ll keep my suggestions to myself 🤣🤣.. glad your getting your correct order though 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

It is just frustrating how these golf ball companies are allowed to force price fixing across their distribution markets. Same cost at Dick's or Carl's or PGS SS, or Rock bottom golf. Just wrong that's all.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

9 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This was my order from Golfballs.com per the recommendation here.....lol.....

suffice it to say, this calls into question all thier practices of selling brand new balls.....what are they doing over there?

When questioned, they had no idea how this could happen......

PGA superstore, here I come.

CSX.jpg

CSX2.jpg

see below.....they screwed up big time

Golfballs.com must be getting inventory from the grey market. Quick story to explain that: My preferred ball is the Tour BX, but I also want a yellow ball, and they stopped making that with the newest version. I switched to the BXS, but have not been totally happy. After the ball test came out I was looking for a few balls I wanted to test, but couldn't find them in sleeves, just full dozens. I was looking for sleeves online, and saw Golfballs.com had the Tour BX in yellow. I assumed it was the older model, as it was also a few bucks cheaper. Nope! They came today, and the packaging is all in Japanese.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

golfballs.com.  Wait for their deals.

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.

Try Cut Golf.   Dozen urethane cover 3 or 4 layer 19.99.   Performs just like the high $$ balls.   Also like the Cut matt ball.  

If you are a Costco member or know a member go with Kirkland 3 layer.   $15 per doz ordered on web and shipped to my house.   Can't beat them.  

they sent the replacement balls....seem ok.....french writing on the back of the box??? is this legit? I have never played this ball before so I dont know if this is suposed to be in French as well as English...seems kinda odd for a ball made in the states.....

csx3.jpg

csx4.jpg

Golf is cool

I stock up in the spring with custom (#8 w/ Blue "Z") Prov1s when Titleist has their buy three get four dozen.  Great deal.  Purchase them thru my local Titleist account.  Also pick up some at golf events during the year with certificates or SWAG.    

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

2 hours ago, bwgerho said:

Try Cut Golf.   Dozen urethane cover 3 or 4 layer 19.99.   Performs just like the high $$ balls.   Also like the Cut matt ball.  

If you are a Costco member or know a member go with Kirkland 3 layer.   $15 per doz ordered on web and shipped to my house.   Can't beat them.  

Cut is high spin if memory serves and performed poorly in the 2019 ball test which likely excluded them this year... Durability is also questionable. If your ball is half price but lasts half as long, it's not actually half price. The ball test showed that it is actually quite easy to beat the Kirkland unless you are a very low spin/speed player. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

16 hours ago, Doug21 said:

TGW.com has free shipping on tour level balls all of the time. 

only if you spend over $100...in some cases your base order has to be over $50....so a box of $49.99 balls does not qualify.

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

they sent the replacement balls....seem ok.....french writing on the back of the box??? is this legit? I have never played this ball before so I dont know if this is suposed to be in French as well as English...seems kinda odd for a ball made in the states.....

csx3.jpg

csx4.jpg

The French writing confirms my suspicions that they are dealing in grey market balls. Almost certainly the authentic product, but meant to be sold in another market. Someone had a deal/overrun, but Golfballs.com almost certainly isn't supposed to be selling them in the US. Same as the Japanese boxes of Bridgestones I just got. It's quite possible the US distributor might cut them off if they get caught.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I like to play with Titleist ProV1.

Unfortunately, if you want the latest version it comes at a ridiculous premium.  I think the RRP in the UK is around £55 per dozen, (around $75).

Having a look around I found some of last years for £35, ($48) which is little better, so I bought 4 dozen.

With the stupid price of these balls you have to start looking for something else.  We can't get the decent Bridgestone ball here in the UK, and the Taylormade balls are on a price par with ProV1s.

I did manage to pick up some Srixon ZStars for £25/dozen ($34) from an outlet in Chester which I gather has closed its doors now as a result of bloody Covid.

The thing is never to buy golf balls when you need them.  Always keep your eye out and buy them when you see the deals.  Also, don't get dragged into the marketing craze of buying the latest version.  At our standard, even amateur scratch, it makes no difference as all.  I've still got ProV1s from a few years ago and as long as you don't store them in extremes and keep them packaged they will be OK.

I buy OnCore golf balls.  I've been using Elixir which is a reasonably priced ball with good distance and spin. They also have Vero which is a little pricier, and quite honestly I'm not sure how much better it plays.  I buy them online and get frequent offers of free shipping or multiple dozen for a reduced price.  I'm very happy with the company and the balls.    https://www.oncoregolf.com

Rick Stevens

18 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

The French writing confirms my suspicions that they are dealing in grey market balls. Almost certainly the authentic product, but meant to be sold in another market. Someone had a deal/overrun, but Golfballs.com almost certainly isn't supposed to be selling them in the US. Same as the Japanese boxes of Bridgestones I just got. It's quite possible the US distributor might cut them off if they get caught.

I called Callaway customer service yesterday and they confirmed thier boxes all come with English and French text. They said the balls seem legit, so i fell a little better about it.

That being said, i will not order from them again. I do not get a warm and fuzzy with them

Golf is cool

Just wanted everyone to no I talked with the pro at my golf course yesterday and he tried to place an order for more balls for the pro shop your standard premium and no premium balls and he was told their is a large shortage coming up soon. He wasn’t able to get anything from titleist or Bridgestone for the near future

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Just wanted everyone to no I talked with the pro at my golf course yesterday and he tried to place an order for more balls for the pro shop your standard premium and no premium balls and he was told their is a large shortage coming up soon. He wasn’t able to get anything from titleist or Bridgestone for the near future

the shelves at PGA superstore were bare!!! No CSx balls unless they were yellow.....bridgestones were there, but the bridgestone website and callaway websites are all backordered. 

have nbot seen any titleist issues yet

Golf is cool

21 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

the shelves at PGA superstore were bare!!! No CSx balls unless they were yellow.....bridgestones were there, but the bridgestone website and callaway websites are all backordered. 

have nbot seen any titleist issues yet

This is not going to be solved quickly. Supply shortages and low staffing are going to put a wrench in many industries making it difficult to catch up

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

15 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

This is not going to be solved quickly. Supply shortages and low staffing are going to put a wrench in many industries making it difficult to catch up

With USA production of balls like Callaway, Bridgestone and Titleist, i cannot see long delays. Maybe 2 weeks at best ....DTC balls coming from overseas, I can see huge delays

Golf is cool