Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

on line ball shopping??

Tsecor

30 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

With USA production of balls like Callaway, Bridgestone and Titleist, i cannot see long delays. Maybe 2 weeks at best ....DTC balls coming from overseas, I can see huge delays

Supply chain disruptions aren’t only an overseas problem. Plenty of manufacturers in the US are having problems. It’s raw material shortages as well as finding labour.  

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

22 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Supply chain disruptions aren’t only an overseas problem. Plenty of manufacturers in the US are having problems. It’s raw material shortages as well as finding labour.  

That’s the part many forget. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Reading all that, sure am glad the season is winding down. I've got enough, then Xmas and birthday over winter to restock.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

From a Raw Materials standpoint, shortages are not very apparent. in fact, many manufactureres have an abundance of RM's from the global slowdown. In my industry (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing/ Global Logistics), we have not seen a bottle neck due to RM's. Its been with ships sailing, planes flying and trucking lanes....all three areas have diminished routes and runs. Labor shortage has hit the retail/food industry hard, but not other industries pertaining to RM's from what we have seen.  With the US Government playing games with this virus and how they will MANDATE certain things, many manufacturers are timid to open up the faucets fully to flood the supply chain with products....

From a pharma / manufacturing standpoint, thats what our colleagues in China, India, Japan and many parts of Europe have stated. 

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

From a Raw Materials standpoint, shortages are not very apparent. in fact, many manufactureres have an abundance of RM's from the global slowdown. In my industry (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing/ Global Logistics), we have not seen a bottle neck due to RM's. Its been with ships sailing, planes flying and trucking lanes....all three areas have diminished routes and runs. Labor shortage has hit the retail/food industry hard, but not other industries pertaining to RM's from what we have seen.  With the US Government playing games with this virus and how they will MANDATE certain things, many manufacturers are timid to open up the faucets fully to flood the supply chain with products....

From a pharma / manufacturing standpoint, thats what our colleagues in China, India, Japan and many parts of Europe have stated. 

Cool. I’m in the pipeline industry and plastic pipe and fitting makers can’t get adequate resin from the refineries to make products. Which is probably a lot similar to golf ball manufacturing than pharma. There’s also lots of people choosing not to work low paying assembly line and factory jobs and ride COVID handouts from the government. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Just advised by a local stockiest of golf gear, that Titleist ball stocks are low, with limited availability. Down under stockiest.

Where golf is a way of life, and work but a distraction.

Try Golf Partners USA, good prices, fast (last order came in 41 hours) and free shipping. They're out of Japan, so the minimum order is usually 3 doz. Not the biggest selection, but they have Pro-V, Chrome Soft, Srixon and others. 

Taylormade M-5 driver, Callaway Epic #3, Nickent 20* hybrid, Honma T/W X #5-#11, Maltby 56*, Putter (to many to list)

On 8/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, Tsecor said:

This was my order from Golfballs.com per the recommendation here.....lol.....

suffice it to say, this calls into question all thier practices of selling brand new balls.....what are they doing over there?

When questioned, they had no idea how this could happen......

PGA superstore, here I come.

CSX.jpg

CSX2.jpg

see below.....they screwed up big time

I bought a dozen ProV's at Dicks a few years ago.  All but the 4 showing in the window were used TopFlites.  Noted that soon after they started sealing the boxes.  Wish the folks that are so good at creatively scamming the system would harness that brainpower toward something productive.

I love the DTC brands (Snell, Vice, OnCore) as well as the MaxFli Tour. Try also Lostgolfballs.com - go with the 5A and they are essentially new. There is always an extra 10% and if you spend enough, free shipping. They are great about returns if you are not satisfied with the quality, which unfortunately, I have been. But it hasn't been a problem so far.

2 minutes ago, golfslut1225 said:

I lose too many to buy new. I have found Lostgolfballs.com to be a very reliable source. Their 5 A are as close to new as you can get and the 4A is very good also. Very fast shipping and if you buy in quantity, it is often free.

Everybody complains about slow play, but if courses cleared out underbrush a little better, the biggest contributor to slow play, lost balls, would be mitigated.  And the pro shop might even sell more brand new balls to golfslut1225 and the millions of other players who share the same common problem.

Our superintendent is more interested in getting people around the course in less than five hours than he is in trying to pitch the course as a future US Open site.  But other area courses don't necessarily follow his example.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 8/25/2021 at 7:49 PM, MAgolfer said:

A great bargain ball is the Maxfli Tour/TourX. The MGS ball testing showed the Maxfli balls compare favorably to other “premium” balls. Best of all DSG frequently offers them at 2 dozen for $55 and offers free shipping

im very tempted to try these...

Golf is cool

On 8/26/2021 at 9:23 AM, Alfred DuPuy said:

I love the DTC brands (Snell, Vice, OnCore) as well as the MaxFli Tour. Try also Lostgolfballs.com - go with the 5A and they are essentially new. There is always an extra 10% and if you spend enough, free shipping. They are great about returns if you are not satisfied with the quality, which unfortunately, I have been. But it hasn't been a problem so far.

water balls are not worth any money IMO....lostgolfballs are mainly taken out of ponds.

Golf is cool

On 8/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, BostonSal said:

Everybody complains about slow play, but if courses cleared out underbrush a little better, the biggest contributor to slow play, lost balls, would be mitigated.  And the pro shop might even sell more brand new balls to golfslut1225 and the millions of other players who share the same common problem.

Our superintendent is more interested in getting people around the course in less than five hours than he is in trying to pitch the course as a future US Open site.  But other area courses don't necessarily follow his example.

a links course by us used to be like playing the US Open and if you were 6" off the fairway you were losing a ball. They even had grass bunkers in the middle of a few fairways that a small kid could get lost in.....after so much complaining and long rounds, they cut down all the rough so amateurs could actually enjoy a round......rumor has it, when they cut down all the rough, they found enough golf balls to fill up a 40 yard container.....they literally found thousands of balls.

Golf is cool

46 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

a links course by us used to be like playing the US Open and if you were 6" off the fairway you were losing a ball. They even had grass bunkers in the middle of a few fairways that a small kid could get lost in.....after so much complaining and long rounds, they cut down all the rough so amateurs could actually enjoy a round......rumor has it, when they cut down all the rough, they found enough golf balls to fill up a 40 yard container.....they literally found thousands of balls.

I played a course a few years back that had very tall grass around a few of the greens. You couldn't even get into the area to to search because it was so tall and dense. They decided it was cheaper to burn the grass to clean it up and make it more playable. Two days later it was a complete mess of burnt an melted golf balls. Hundreds and hundreds. I couldn't imagine the stink and the poor guys that had to clean it up. I played the course a day or two after the burn before the clean up. What a sight!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag