on line ball shopping??

Tsecor

Oncore and Snell make balls that are as good or better than the name brand, and have 2 for 1 sales so you can stock

up for far less.   

Three, Albatross'

Three Holes in One

Plus, when I was 5 the first ball I ever hit on a golf course went in the hole, so I have that going for me.

My bag is a mish mash of Srixon drivers, cobra and adams fairways, TA1 irons and Hopkins wedges, plus a Cure putter.  

lostgolfballs .com

DR: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5*

3H: Cobra Radspeed One Length 19*

4i: Honma 535 Bezeal

Irons 5-PW: Bridgestone HF2

GW: Cleveland CBX 50*

SW: Bettinardi H2 303SS

LW: Ping Glide 2.0 ES

Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Tatum

If not a single-digit, then don’t worry — Just play them. 

• Like 1

Home:  Cyprian Keyes GC. / Boylston, MA

Driver:  Cobra. F-MAX. Offset. Superlite. 11.5'

Fairway:  Callaway. B21. Offset. A(Light).  7W-21’

Irons:  Cobra. T-RAIL/Iron-Hybrid. Superlite. 5-SW

Wedge:  Cleveland. CBX2. 60'-10'

Putter:  TaylorMade. Spider.

>80...Rounds, annually

Given the nationwide statistics, most players wouldn’t know the difference …

Home:  Cyprian Keyes GC. / Boylston, MA

Driver:  Cobra. F-MAX. Offset. Superlite. 11.5'

Fairway:  Callaway. B21. Offset. A(Light).  7W-21’

Irons:  Cobra. T-RAIL/Iron-Hybrid. Superlite. 5-SW

Wedge:  Cleveland. CBX2. 60'-10'

Putter:  TaylorMade. Spider.

>80...Rounds, annually

I buy mine from lost golf balls . com. I get the 5-star mint condition balls. They look brand new or maybe lost after a couple hits. It's usually 45%-50% the cost of brand new for basically a new ball played after 2-holes. So my 5-star mint Srixon Z-Star's are about $24/dozen when I buy 4-dozen. I've only been slightly dissaponted when I've bought the 4-star balls. The condition is quite a bit lower and sometimes they throw in Z-Star XV's or even Q-Star Tours. 

TZ

4 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This was my order from Golfballs.com per the recommendation here.....lol.....

suffice it to say, this calls into question all thier practices of selling brand new balls.....what are they doing over there?

When questioned, they had no idea how this could happen......

PGA superstore, here I come.

CSX.jpg

CSX2.jpg

see below.....they screwed up big time

I won’t be buying there ! Unbelievable! Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

OldGuyGolf

Srixon has run buy 1 get 1 on their website in fall/winter, and they just had a buy 2 get 3 promotion on all balls. $60/dz? Don't think so...Pro V1 are $48 retail everywhere.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2021 Ping Fetch Putter

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Mid-Size Grips

4 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This was my order from Golfballs.com per the recommendation here.....lol.....

suffice it to say, this calls into question all thier practices of selling brand new balls.....what are they doing over there?

When questioned, they had no idea how this could happen......

PGA superstore, here I come.

CSX.jpg

CSX2.jpg

see below.....they screwed up big time

Had no idea that Callaway marked their balls with a “B”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  PXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts; soon to be Titleist T300

Wedges: Ben Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”  Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

I've been able to find my balls on Amazon when the price is right. Otherwise I just go with Golf Galaxy when the BOGOs are on. If I run out of deals, I'll turn to the bulk buys via Snell or Vice. Always looking to stay under $40/doz.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 8/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, Tsecor said:

Where do you guys purchase your balls?

I have tried many links associated with MGS and even outsode of MGS but with shipping and taxes, a dozen balls are trending above $60.

Callaway is out of CSX balls as well. 

any tips?

I buy my golf balls at Amazon and Golf balls.com That's the best prices I've found.

Back in golf after a 25 year delay. Go Dawgs!!

I buy vice tour or pro soft from their website.  I get 5 dozen at a time and the total cost ( including shipping) is $85. Vice pro soft is $15 more for 5 dozen.  The only drawback is that it takes about 10 days as they are shipped from Germany. If only buy a dozen at a time they are about $ 25 bucks, the more u buy the more u save.   Great deal and they have 6 models to chose from!!!!

Responding to the original question - Around March, Srixon, Callaway, TM, and Titleist will offer a buy 2 or 3, get 1 more free.  At times, Srixon has had a buy 2 get 3 for Father's Day.  Some large online/retail stores will offer X-outs/Practice Pro-V products for $29.99 to $39.99 a dozen on occasion.  These are primarily minor blemishes and beat any ball that has bounced off a tree/cart path.  After that, they are at list price at $45 to $50 a dozen plus sales tax and shipping.  The price for the latest development for pro golfers with the R&D spread across the amateur market.

The other alternative are the Direct To Consumer companies.  Based solely on Dave Snell's reputation for prior work for Titleist and TM, my recommendation is a Snell ball in quantity to keep the price under $30/dozen.  Kirkland from Costco is a good value.  The covers have a reputation for not holding up well.  But if you lose more than 1 ball a round, you can make up for it with $1.25 a piece and put the unpretty balls in the shag bag.

1 hour ago, KurtActual said:

@Tsecor Plot twist: these are CSX that are custom painted to look like Bridgestones 🤣

they need to hire a new painter :)....these were horrible...even the "B" looks off

• Haha 2

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, William L said:

TGW and Carl’s will have free shipping. Golf galaxy promotes free shipping on tour balls. 

ill have to look again....last week it was $9 to ship a dzn, so after tax and shipping these were $60 / dzn

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

i actually thought that when i saw this....but even the box label is incorrect....someone had a field day with this box...

no....i sent them pics and they said "keep em"....i dont evben know what balls these are...no model # on the sides and they looked used

Did they refund you ? They should give you a discount and send you the right balls! 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Just now, Nolan220 said:

Did they refund you ? They should give you a discount and send you the right balls! 

they are sending the correct order overnight.....we'll see what arrives tomorrow

• Like 1

Golf is cool

8 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

they are sending the correct order overnight.....we'll see what arrives tomorrow

Next time I’ll keep my suggestions to myself 🤣🤣.. glad your getting your correct order though 

• Haha 1

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag