Jump to content

on line ball shopping??


Tsecor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I usually get them at my local golf shop. They had Bridgestone B XS balls for $5 less than anywhere else, then had a deal where if you bought a dozen you could get a $26 Bridgestone cap for $10. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is just frustrating how these golf ball companies are allowed to force price fixing across their distribution markets. Same cost at Dick's or Carl's or PGS SS, or Rock bottom golf. Just wrong that's all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This was my order from Golfballs.com per the recommendation here.....lol.....

suffice it to say, this calls into question all thier practices of selling brand new balls.....what are they doing over there?

When questioned, they had no idea how this could happen......

PGA superstore, here I come.

CSX.jpg

CSX2.jpg

see below.....they screwed up big time

Golfballs.com must be getting inventory from the grey market. Quick story to explain that: My preferred ball is the Tour BX, but I also want a yellow ball, and they stopped making that with the newest version. I switched to the BXS, but have not been totally happy. After the ball test came out I was looking for a few balls I wanted to test, but couldn't find them in sleeves, just full dozens. I was looking for sleeves online, and saw Golfballs.com had the Tour BX in yellow. I assumed it was the older model, as it was also a few bucks cheaper. Nope! They came today, and the packaging is all in Japanese.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

golfballs.com.  Wait for their deals.

  • Like 1

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try Cut Golf.   Dozen urethane cover 3 or 4 layer 19.99.   Performs just like the high $$ balls.   Also like the Cut matt ball.  

If you are a Costco member or know a member go with Kirkland 3 layer.   $15 per doz ordered on web and shipped to my house.   Can't beat them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

they sent the replacement balls....seem ok.....french writing on the back of the box??? is this legit? I have never played this ball before so I dont know if this is suposed to be in French as well as English...seems kinda odd for a ball made in the states.....

csx3.jpg

csx4.jpg

  • Like 2

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stock up in the spring with custom (#8 w/ Blue "Z") Prov1s when Titleist has their buy three get four dozen.  Great deal.  Purchase them thru my local Titleist account.  Also pick up some at golf events during the year with certificates or SWAG.    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bwgerho said:

Try Cut Golf.   Dozen urethane cover 3 or 4 layer 19.99.   Performs just like the high $$ balls.   Also like the Cut matt ball.  

If you are a Costco member or know a member go with Kirkland 3 layer.   $15 per doz ordered on web and shipped to my house.   Can't beat them.  

Cut is high spin if memory serves and performed poorly in the 2019 ball test which likely excluded them this year... Durability is also questionable. If your ball is half price but lasts half as long, it's not actually half price. The ball test showed that it is actually quite easy to beat the Kirkland unless you are a very low spin/speed player. 

  • Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I get mine from Snell Golf. I love these balls. They are top notch, but you aren't paying big bucks fro them either. They are online. Give them a try. You will not be sorry you did.

  • Like 3

Mike Linner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Doug21 said:

TGW.com has free shipping on tour level balls all of the time. 

only if you spend over $100...in some cases your base order has to be over $50....so a box of $49.99 balls does not qualify.

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

they sent the replacement balls....seem ok.....french writing on the back of the box??? is this legit? I have never played this ball before so I dont know if this is suposed to be in French as well as English...seems kinda odd for a ball made in the states.....

csx3.jpg

csx4.jpg

The French writing confirms my suspicions that they are dealing in grey market balls. Almost certainly the authentic product, but meant to be sold in another market. Someone had a deal/overrun, but Golfballs.com almost certainly isn't supposed to be selling them in the US. Same as the Japanese boxes of Bridgestones I just got. It's quite possible the US distributor might cut them off if they get caught.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to play with Titleist ProV1.

Unfortunately, if you want the latest version it comes at a ridiculous premium.  I think the RRP in the UK is around £55 per dozen, (around $75).

Having a look around I found some of last years for £35, ($48) which is little better, so I bought 4 dozen.

With the stupid price of these balls you have to start looking for something else.  We can't get the decent Bridgestone ball here in the UK, and the Taylormade balls are on a price par with ProV1s.

I did manage to pick up some Srixon ZStars for £25/dozen ($34) from an outlet in Chester which I gather has closed its doors now as a result of bloody Covid.

The thing is never to buy golf balls when you need them.  Always keep your eye out and buy them when you see the deals.  Also, don't get dragged into the marketing craze of buying the latest version.  At our standard, even amateur scratch, it makes no difference as all.  I've still got ProV1s from a few years ago and as long as you don't store them in extremes and keep them packaged they will be OK.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I buy OnCore golf balls.  I've been using Elixir which is a reasonably priced ball with good distance and spin. They also have Vero which is a little pricier, and quite honestly I'm not sure how much better it plays.  I buy them online and get frequent offers of free shipping or multiple dozen for a reduced price.  I'm very happy with the company and the balls.    https://www.oncoregolf.com

 

  • Like 4

Rick Stevens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

The French writing confirms my suspicions that they are dealing in grey market balls. Almost certainly the authentic product, but meant to be sold in another market. Someone had a deal/overrun, but Golfballs.com almost certainly isn't supposed to be selling them in the US. Same as the Japanese boxes of Bridgestones I just got. It's quite possible the US distributor might cut them off if they get caught.

I called Callaway customer service yesterday and they confirmed thier boxes all come with English and French text. They said the balls seem legit, so i fell a little better about it.

That being said, i will not order from them again. I do not get a warm and fuzzy with them

  • Like 4

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted everyone to no I talked with the pro at my golf course yesterday and he tried to place an order for more balls for the pro shop your standard premium and no premium balls and he was told their is a large shortage coming up soon. He wasn’t able to get anything from titleist or Bridgestone for the near future

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Just wanted everyone to no I talked with the pro at my golf course yesterday and he tried to place an order for more balls for the pro shop your standard premium and no premium balls and he was told their is a large shortage coming up soon. He wasn’t able to get anything from titleist or Bridgestone for the near future

the shelves at PGA superstore were bare!!! No CSx balls unless they were yellow.....bridgestones were there, but the bridgestone website and callaway websites are all backordered. 

have nbot seen any titleist issues yet

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

the shelves at PGA superstore were bare!!! No CSx balls unless they were yellow.....bridgestones were there, but the bridgestone website and callaway websites are all backordered. 

have nbot seen any titleist issues yet

This is not going to be solved quickly. Supply shortages and low staffing are going to put a wrench in many industries making it difficult to catch up

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

This is not going to be solved quickly. Supply shortages and low staffing are going to put a wrench in many industries making it difficult to catch up

With USA production of balls like Callaway, Bridgestone and Titleist, i cannot see long delays. Maybe 2 weeks at best ....DTC balls coming from overseas, I can see huge delays

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...