Jump to content

Unofficial Poll - White Pants


Golfspy_TCB
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I guess it depends where you are.  I felt like I blended in last winter in Palm Springs.

Aren’t you on the younger side for Palm Springs😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I wouldn't wear them. I would absolutely destroy them with dirt and stains. But, you do you. 

  • Like 2

Driver-:cobra:RadSpeed 10.5 with :Fuji:  Motore X F1 Stiff
Fairway-:cobra: BioCell (Blue) 3-4 Wood set at 14.5 stock  Stiff
Utility-:touredge: CBX 19 with :projectx:HZRDUS Black 6.0
Irons - :Sub70:  699 4-AW with :TrueTemper: Dynamic Gold S300 (Soft Step)
Wedges-:mizuno: ES21 54.8/58.12W with :kbs: Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter- :ping: Craz-E G2i with JDM Black insert
Balls-:titleist: ProV1 :srixon: ZStar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I have one pair, although I have to say that they are not brilliant white, and I wear them at least a couple of times during the summer.

Edited by Sixzero
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I guess it depends where you are.  I felt like I blended in last winter in Palm Springs.

Yeah, not really blending in with white pants here in Newark, or much of the NYC metro area. At least as far as I can tell. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: g400 lst

 :taylormade-small:M4 22* hybrid New Level PF-2 pw-7; 902 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AndySP said:

Yeah, not really blending in with white pants here in Newark, or much of the NYC metro area. At least as far as I can tell. 

Maybe on parts of Long Island.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AndySP said:

As others said, I think the inherent transparency of white pants makes them look weird. I don’t see the appeal, honestly. Because you don’t see them anywhere else, It also screams “golf” a little too loud, which is not what I’m trying to do if I’m stopping somewhere after playing.

That is why the only white trousers that I own are white jeans (a/k/a 5-pocket pants).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

 

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

That is why the only white trousers that I own are white jeans (a/k/a 5-pocket pants).

Formerly known as Painters Pants??

  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rickp said:

Formerly known as Painters Pants??

No; these are not at all baggy like painters pants; they are 92% cotton, 8% spandex “stretch denim”.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

 

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

That is why the only white trousers that I own are white jeans (a/k/a 5-pocket pants).

I own a pair of white linen pants and I make sure I play the Miami Vice Theme Song as my first tee walkup song when I wear them 😉 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too hot to wear pants in AZ. Have a couple pairs of white shorts I love but tough to keep clean. Right pocket where tees and ball marker are stored always gets discolored. Nice thing is they really go with any color shirt. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tincuptim said:

Too hot to wear pants in AZ. Have a couple pairs of white shorts I love but tough to keep clean. Right pocket where tees and ball marker are stored always gets discolored. Nice thing is they really go with any color shirt. 

I agree, that front right pocket gets a lot of action during the round... I have the same pattern and the lighter the pants/shorts, the more it shows.  

  • Like 2
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even living in Key West, I do not wear white pants or shorts any time of the year.  I know myself well enough to understand any white apparel would basically be a single use item as it likely wouldn't be white after a round.   I'm tough enough on light khaki.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Mizuno GT180 with a Tensei CK Blue 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  Evnroll ER10 Outback
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Even living in Key West, I do not wear white pants or shorts any time of the year.  I know myself well enough to understand any white apparel would basically be a single use item as it likely wouldn't be white after a round.   I'm tough enough on light khaki.  

So it's OK to wear darker shorts multiple times as long as the dirt doesn't show?  Does that go for shirts as well? 😆

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So it's OK to wear darker shorts multiple times as long as the dirt doesn't show?  Does that go for shirts as well? 😆

image.jpeg

🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So it's OK to wear darker shorts multiple times as long as the dirt doesn't show?  Does that go for shirts as well? 😆

If you can't see it, it's not really there!  For shirts, they somehow are less of a grime magnet.  Stripes and patterns help hide any stains.  

  • Haha 3
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Mizuno GT180 with a Tensei CK Blue 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  Evnroll ER10 Outback
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

If you can't see it, it's not really there!  For shirts, they somehow are less of a grime magnet.  Stripes and patterns help hide any stains.  

I've been to Key West... I know how hot and humid it is in the summer!!  No way I'm wearing any shirt more than once; same goes for shorts... white or otherwise!

It's different here in the PNW; even in the desert.  I can play golf in 90-100º temps and not be wet afterwards.  I still change shirts though; shorts too, but as the temp drops, shorts can go two days... even white ones.  The key is not to use your pockets much.  My ball marker is on my hat like the LPGA (why don't PGA pros do this?); tee and ball are in holder on cart until next tee box.  If I could figure out a good place to put my divot repair tool, I would have to use pocket at all.

  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I've been to Key West... I know how hot and humid it is in the summer!!  No way I'm wearing any shirt more than once; same goes for shorts... white or otherwise!

It's different here in the PNW; even in the desert.  I can play golf in 90-100º temps and not be wet afterwards.  I still change shirts though; shorts too, but as the temp drops, shorts can go two days... even white ones.  The key is not to use your pockets much.  My ball marker is on my hat like the LPGA (why don't PGA pros do this?); tee and ball are in holder on cart until next tee box.  If I could figure out a good place to put my divot repair tool, I would have to use pocket at all.

I have more trouble keeping my white hat "white" in the South Texas heat and humidity than I do white pants... adding 18+ more touches to the bill... and I would start needing to wear dark hats.  haha.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I have more trouble keeping my white hat "white" in the South Texas heat and humidity than I do white pants... adding 18+ more touches to the bill... and I would start needing to wear dark hats.  haha.

One of my golfing friends used to live in Kingwood, outside of Houston.  When he played in the Summer he'd bring two changes of clothing.  At the turn he'd take a shower and change into a fresh set of clothes before heading out for the second nine.  Then he'd repeat the process when he finished 18 holes.  Of course, that's before moisture wicking (not that it would make that much difference).  

  • Like 4
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Mizuno GT180 with a Tensei CK Blue 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  Evnroll ER10 Outback
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

One of my golfing friends used to live in Kingwood, outside of Houston.  When he played in the Summer he'd bring two changes of clothing.  At the turn he'd take a shower and change into a fresh set of clothes before heading out for the second nine.  Then he'd repeat the process when he finished 18 holes.  Of course, that's before moisture wicking (not that it would make that much difference).  

There have been days here this summer that I would call your friend a genius!!  

I have a running joke with the pro at my course... We look at the carts parked at the turn, and the number of gloves attached to the cart frame drying out.... "Today is a 4 glove day".. haha.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

 The key is not to use your pockets much.  My ball marker is on my hat like the LPGA (why don't PGA pros do this?); tee and ball are in holder on cart until next tee box.  If I could figure out a good place to put my divot repair tool, I would have to use pocket at all.

I get confused about how much stuff guys put in their pockets. At least half of my skorts don't even have a pocket to get dirty.

  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...