Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

BMW Championship - 2021

fixyurdivot

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Brooks.  They have the potential to be lethal.

Not bad, but Cantlay has had a reputation to be almost as slow as BAD.  Not sure how that works out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

28 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Who's he paired with? Thoughts?

If he makes it, I would put him with Daniel Berger.

If Berger is out, I would think Schauffele.

What are you thinking?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

28 minutes ago, bens197 said:

If he makes it, I would put him with Daniel Berger.

If Berger is out, I would think Schauffele.

What are you thinking?

I think he could fit with most anyone, but I'd like to see him with Tony Finau.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Hmm.  True.  It seems like a bunch of people that don’t like each other on the US team… figures.

Funny you say that, we were having a similar discussion at work yesterday.  I hate to say it but I love it when the cup is hosted in Europe.  The fans are better, the singing and respect for the game is better.

US is a great team of individuals, the Euros are almost always a great team of teammates.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Funny you say that, we were having a similar discussion at work yesterday.  I hate to say it but I love it when the cup is hosted in Europe.  The fans are better, the singing and respect for the game is better.

US is a great team of individuals, the Euros are almost always a great team of teammates.

Just wait for the Ryder Cup at Bethpage ...

1 hour ago, LICC said:

https://golf.com/news/patrick-stop-walking-bizarre-sequence-bryson-dechambeau/

As much as I don't like Bryson, I agree with him on this one. When the person you are playing with is over the ball, stop moving.

Agree with you. Just stand still...

However, the media playing it up like it was some sorta "diss" really feels like them grasping at straws. We all know Bryson isn't the best putter and it was on display multiple times during the playoff. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

It’s sad, because that is the culture of our land anyways.  There are a good portion that aren’t.  But it’s the all about me culture… sad, sad, sad.

Plus. Europe ha better golf courses, never been.  But there is just something about seeing those pot bunkers, gorse, heather and baked out fairways. Golf as it should be.

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Agree with you. Just stand still...

However, the media playing it up like it was some sorta "diss" really feels like them grasping at straws. We all know Bryson isn't the best putter and it was on display multiple times during the playoff. 

Amen! I play with the same guy all the time and recently he had started standing RIGHT behind me on tee shots. I finally had to ask him to move. He moved, no big deal, and he’s not stood behind me since. They want to make everything with BD a big deal, and to me it’s getting old.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I’m over all of the anti-Bryson sentiment everywhere on social media. A fellow Pro offered people beer if they would heckle BD. THAT’S who should be called-out! But, no. BD is a little eccentric, different, talks a lot, wears his emotions on his sleeve, and is basically just different so folks jump on him. Back when I was a teacher and coach, BD was the kind of kid everyone teased because they were different. It’s actually called bullying… I will never cheer for Brooks for doing what he did. Complete Bush League, yet he’s applauded. Unreal. I’d hate for the USA to lose the Cup, but it wouldn’t bother me if Koepka went “oh-fer” during the matches.

As everyone jumps-on a guy, just remember a fellow Pro called for everyone to try and affect an ability of another to make a living. No different than school kids getting a group to text, call, yell stuff etc to another kid in a school. So sick of it.

Rant done.

I agree @PMookie, the whole thing sucks.  I don’t know why everyone feels the need to poke fun at a grown man for playing a game he obviously loves.  Is he different? Yes.  Is he good. Absolutely.  Write about that.  Not on how he makes mistakes just like everyone else isn’t he world.  We are all so perfect that we don’t make them right?

Just now, Shankster said:

I agree @PMookie, the whole thing sucks.  I don’t know why everyone feels the need to poke fun at a grown man for playing a game he obviously loves.  Is he different? Yes.  Is he good. Absolutely.  Write about that.  Not on how he makes mistakes just like everyone else isn’t he world.  We are all so perfect that we don’t make them right?

Amen. Sadly it’s become almost “vogue” to trash BD. I feel for the guy…. 

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

We all know Bryson isn't the best putter and it was on display multiple times during the playoff. 

10th in strokes gained putting last year and 14th  in 2021 indicates he is a good putter.   Cantlay was 58th and 27th during the same periods.  What you were seeing is that PGA players don’t make every putt they hit and as you get out past 6 feet they start to miss.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

10th in strokes gained putting last year and 14th  in 2021 indicates he is a good putter.   Cantlay was 58th and 27th during the same periods.  What you were seeing is that PGA players don’t make every putt they hit and as you get out past 6 feet they start to miss.  

well TIL! Thanks for the info @cnosil. I thought that was more of a major weakness in his game after watching him a few times this year, but just seems like Cantlay's putter was on fire yesterday and Bryson's was not...simple as that! 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

He will probably go out and win the long drive comp.

Ohhh the haters will come-out full force if he does! Then the golfing media will jump-on him and claim its ruining the game, will ruin his game, that it won’t be good for pro golf, they’ll say we need to roll things back because of him, etc. Somehow BD will destroy golf forever!!! Fire and brimstone!

Just now, PMookie said:

Ohhh the haters will come-out full force if he does! Then the golfing media will jump-on him and claim its ruing the game, will ruin his game, that it won’t be good for pro golf, they’ll say we need to roll things back because of him, etc. Somehow BD will destroy golf forever!!! Fire and brimstone!

No one wants to hit the ball shorter. Rory McIlroy even said he was trying to gain some distance because of what Bryson is doing.

Maybe a conversation for a different thread.  But if the USGA and R&A go forward with rolling the ball and/or shortening the driver length… that will do more harm to the game than hitting it further.

The shortest hitters will be even shorter, Am’s included.  I don’t want to lose any distance. Just hold where it is… no need to panic.

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

well TIL! Thanks for the info @cnosil. I thought that was more of a major weakness in his game after watching him a few times this year, but just seems like Cantlay's putter was on fire yesterday and Bryson's was not...simple as that! 

This is something we all struggle with as players; a bad shot or round is not indicative of longer term performance.  We see it all the time on her,  got fitted and played terrible, didn’t make the 10 foot putt so I need a new putter.   Assessments of ability should not be measured shot by shot or round by round;  you need to look at trends over time.  From what I recall Bryson was on fire with his putter earlier in the week and it just cooled off at the wrong time.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Did some more digging into Bryson and he really isn’t a good putter as distances get outside 10’  but he is very solid inside that distance   

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.47959.bryson-dechambeau.html

56 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’m over all of the anti-Bryson sentiment everywhere on social media. A fellow Pro offered people beer if they would heckle BD. THAT’S who should be called-out! But, no. BD is a little eccentric, different, talks a lot, wears his emotions on his sleeve, and is basically just different so folks jump on him. Back when I was a teacher and coach, BD was the kind of kid everyone teased because they were different. It’s actually called bullying… I will never cheer for Brooks for doing what he did. Complete Bush League, yet he’s applauded. Unreal. I’d hate for the USA to lose the Cup, but it wouldn’t bother me if Koepka went “oh-fer” during the matches.

As everyone jumps-on a guy, just remember a fellow Pro called for everyone to try and affect an ability of another to make a living. No different than school kids getting a group to text, call, yell stuff etc to another kid in a school. So sick of it.

Rant done.

It goes beyond that. I wanted to like Bryson because I like how he takes a different look at things. But the more you see of him the more you see a narcissistic jerk. I hope he betters himself but I just can't like the guy. His anti-vaccine idiocy pushed me over the edge. That doesn't excuse Brooks, who also looks bad here, but Brooks' bad acts don't make Bryson likable.

1 minute ago, LICC said:

It goes beyond that. I wanted to like Bryson because I like how he takes a different look at things. But the more you see of him the more you see a narcissistic jerk. I hope he betters himself but I just can't like the guy. His anti-vaccine idiocy pushed me over the edge. That doesn't excuse Brooks, who also looks bad here, but Brooks' bad acts don't make Bryson likable.

I value your opinion….

I also enjoyed Cantlay using the previous gen Titleist driver (not to mention a set of 718 AP2's) and BD using a driver originally released in 2016. 

Helluva playoff and really demonstrated the buffer that Bryson's length provides. Needed the best putting performance in 17 years to tie and eventually beat him. 

Edited by BMart519

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Unfortunately, often overlooked due to the Cantlay/DeChambeau duel (and antics) were all the BMW sub plots in making the top 30 in order to play next week at East Lake. Included van Rooyen's excellent play to jump 18 spots to make the Championship. How about Sergio having to get up and down out of the trap on 18.  Alex Noren missing a 6 footer for par on the last hole to fall out of the top 30.  Also, the heartbreak of KH Lee playing his heart out, making birdie on 17 to get in only to hit a wayward second shot on 18 dropping him to 31st.  The drama was captivating.  You could see it in their faces, which is fairly rare for players not battling for the top spot.  It will be interesting to see if Patrick Reed recovers from his double pneumonia in order to play this week.  If not, KH Lee will get his chance and can forget that shot on 18.  

Also, some may argue that Caves Valley might have been too easy of a venue for the players to host such an event.  The winner was -27 and every single player was under par for the week.  I think just the opposite.  There was a lot of risk and reward opportunities that put pressure on those on the bubble to play excellent golf to get in to East Lake.   

Sunday was an excellent day of golf!   East Lake and The Solheim Cup next week and the Ryder Cup just around the bend, it's only going to get better.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

24 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

It will be interesting to see if Patrick Reed recovers from his double pneumonia in order to play this week.  If not, KH Lee will get his chance and can forget that shot on 18.  

Not sure that is the case.  I don’t believe and haven’t seen anything indicating that if Reed doesn’t play that Lee gets in. 

8 hours ago, LICC said:

Just wait for the Ryder Cup at Bethpage ...

I remember the NY crowd screaming for Phil and heckling Sergio in 2002?  It's going to be bonkers...

I hope to be there...I'll be the guy who doesn't scream mashed potatoes 🙂

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

Rant done.

So well said @PMookie

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

It’s sad, because that is the culture of our land anyways.  There are a good portion that aren’t.  But it’s the all about me culture… sad, sad, sad.

Plus. Europe ha better golf courses, never been.  But there is just something about seeing those pot bunkers, gorse, heather and baked out fairways. Golf as it should be.

Sure is sad.  

In contrast, it offers such a pleasant insight into a culture of people who I truly admire. 

Yes, Europe has it's issues but for a moment every September, we get to watch some great golf with some great fans.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

14 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I remember the NY crowd screaming for Phil and heckling Sergio in 2002?  It's going to be bonkers...

I hope to be there...I'll be the guy who doesn't scream mashed potatoes 🙂

I remember the Sergio heckling @ Bethpage it was really bad.  The guys really ride him but from the hole or 2 I saw him he didn’t saw anything in retaliation. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I remember the Sergio heckling @ Bethpage it was really bad.  The guys really ride him but from the hole or 2 I saw him he didn’t saw anything in retaliation. 

It was ruthless...Saturday on 16 he stepped off on his approach (he was in a final group and the crowd was all lubed up) and used his hands to show the crowd what he thought of their opinion...

...I don't expect much to change

• Srixon Z-Star XV