Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Pad Tags

Is anyone using the Golf Pad Tags?  I am thinking of getting them, they are 99 dollars compared to 179 for Arccos.  Most of the reviews for for the Golf Pad Tags are positive, the biggest complaint being that you need to have your phone on you at all times to tap the club to the phone.  Arccos is considerable more money to start and then 99 dollars a year for the subscription to the app compared to 20 for the Golf Pad premium app.  All of that said, what are mygolfspy users opinions of either Golf Pad tags or Arccos?

Thanks

I didn’t have great luck when I had them a few years ago. The phone I had at the time didn’t ever want to tap connect with the probes. I still use the app all the time just never had luck with them. I have thought about getting them again since I have a new phone to give them a shot. The app is easy to use with or without the pads. 

@vinnyboy23 have you looked at a Shot Scope V3? I used to use golf pad, no tags, and stopped when I got the V2 and now V3.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

@vinnyboy23 have you looked at a Shot Scope V3? I used to use golf pad, no tags, and stopped when I got the V2 and now V3.

I'll second the Shotscope V3, however, I've never used golf pads. A benefit of Shotscope is that you also have a GPS watch and it's seamless with your phone when you're done and want to download your data - I've only had one 'edit' in the last 27 holes.  My wife just just cancelled her ARRCOS subscription and is getting a V3 as well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

46 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll second the Shotscope V3, however, I've never used golf pads. A benefit of Shotscope is that you also have a GPS watch and it's seamless with your phone when your done and want to download your data - I've only had one 'edit' in the last 27 holes.  My wife just just cancelled her ARRCOS subscription and is getting a V3 as well. 

+3 on Shotscope.  I skipped the ARRCOS option all together based on all the MGS chatter about the pro's and con's of the various options.  The ROI on my MGS Donor account keeps climbing 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I’ve got the tags and I like them.  Battery life on watch and phone has been good.  The plays like distance seems to be good for me too.  Their service, if you have questions about something, is top notch.  I walk a lot, so the phone is in my left pocket and scanning tags has been reliable.  If I forget to scan it’s easy to add a shot by the watch.  I’ve found it to be accurate as well, except for one hole on my home course.  However, one report of it out of the app and a few days later an email came saying see how it is now.  Next day found out things were good.  Even if you don’t have tags, the watch app is so well setup that I sometimes don’t bother to scan, particularly on the tee box.  In the fairway I always scan for some reason.  On the green I’ll do both at times.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

NCDuffer

I use the app and I like it, I do find it difficult trying to input my club data on the course using just the app.  I was hoping if I got the tags it would make things much easier.  I have found it really hard to find comparisons between golf pad tags and arccos, I know that arccos has become the standard but I am not going to pay the subscription every year, and from what I read, golf pad seems to have most of the analytics that you get with arccos just not in comparison with other, their database of users seems much larger.  I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Tags do make it easier.  The watch app is a simple tap then select club.  The phone app does take more taps and can get you distracted from your round.  I went through the same thing you’re trying to decide last Fall.  Folks talk about missed shots and sensor replacement due to battery life of the Arccos sensors.  I had a phone and smart watch already, so cost wise, I figured I’d try Golf Pad and with tags or watch I wouldn’t miss a shot.  The convenience of the V3 does have me interested in it though since I wouldn’t have to worry about the phone.  In the end I thought Arccos was too costly and the V3 hadn’t been around very long.  The tags do what I need and the stats are enough for me.  I do think Arccos is king for stats, but I’m not familiar with what Shotscope has.  

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

I am in the same boat, I have a galaxy watch with the app installed.  I had a hard time inputting my clubs, forgetting, and as you say the phone is distracting.  I'm going to try the tags and see how it goes after a few rounds.  If after a few months I am not happy I guess I will try V3.  Thank you again everyone for your input.