Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

What weighs greater on tester selection having 3000 posts or donating 3000 dollars?

Tester Selection.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

56 minutes ago, Tom D. said:

Donated before I was selected as a tester (Voice Caddie SL2).  Once I was selected I wanted to do a really good job on the review.

So I was pissed when I had two vehicles go kaput on me near the end of the testing window, and I had to spend a big chunk of time getting back on the road, instead of concentrating on the review, as intended.  Got it done, and think it turned out OK, and learned a bunch while doing it, so really grateful for being selected.

You and the other testers did a great job reviewing the Voice Caddie rangefinder. It's really sad you had vehicle problems that didn't let you get as many rounds in as you wanted, but you provided enough data from the ones you did play. Life happens and all of us here understand. 

I was also happy to see they sent you another unit after having the one they sent kept freezing up on you. That shows a great level of customer service. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've only scanned through some of these responses but I want to echo what so many have said and show some data that backs it up. A few months ago, I wanted to see if I could identify the X factor on getting chosen.

Well, there is no X factor, the mods like @GolfSpy MPR @GolfSpy_THV @Golfspy_CG2 (Sorry if I left you out! These came to mind first) do a great job of selecting both high and low posters, donors, non-donors, and first time and returners. 

There is no secret - get involved, post quality content, if you get chosen to review do it well and timely, support others in the community, and donate if you can.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I've not been here long and not had a huge amount of posts but I like it here! 

I didn't join to get free stuff and it feels like a good place to hang out. 

I've been chosen as a tester already but, as previously mentioned, that could be linked you the content I was posting about most.

I didn't even know they did user testing when I signed up so it was a real surprise to find out that  if you're selected, they send you stuff, you test it and keep it! Bloody awesome..

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

3 hours ago, DStar said:

I've not been here long and not had a huge amount of posts but I like it here! 

I didn't join to get free stuff and it feels like a good place to hang out. 

I've been chosen as a tester already but, as previously mentioned, that could be linked you the content I was posting about most.

I didn't even know they did user testing when I signed up so it was a real surprise to find out that  if you're selected, they send you stuff, you test it and keep it! Bloody awesome..

Also that nifty little lefty sticker you have, friend. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.