Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

GOLFTEC Lessons

I started at golftec 2 months ago and have loved it. My average score was 110 and I’m trying to actually get better for next season. I mesh well with my coach and have learned a ton about my swing. I have much better contact now and hit a draw instead of a slice. I also like being able to review video of my lesson in the app. The other nice thing is I can go in and practice for up to 90 minutes a week seperate from my lesson. 

Current bag: titleist tsi2, rbz 3 hybrid, callaway x20 4-p, random wedges, old taylormade putter.

24 minutes ago, chiefs2121 said:

I started at golftec 2 months ago and have loved it. My average score was 110 and I’m trying to actually get better for next season. I mesh well with my coach and have learned a ton about my swing. I have much better contact now and hit a draw instead of a slice. I also like being able to review video of my lesson in the app. The other nice thing is I can go in and practice for up to 90 minutes a week seperate from my lesson. 

What kind of package did you get and what was the cost?

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag
3 hours ago, Shankdog said:

What kind of package did you get and what was the cost?

I wanted a longer package so mine includes 25 lessons, either in the facility or on course, 1 fitting, and 90 minutes of practice time per week. It was right around 2k.

Current bag: titleist tsi2, rbz 3 hybrid, callaway x20 4-p, random wedges, old taylormade putter.

Just make sure you like your coach. What I mean by like, They are willing to change tactics if you are having a hard time making the change they are looking for in your swing. the last coach I had had a love affair with a pool noodle, 5 straight lessons with that damn thing and wanted to strangle him with it. It wasn't working and I told him I didn't like it, just couldn't get used to it. He wasn't willing to change so I changed coaches had one lesson and haven't been back.

They are good guys and like them on a personal level, but as coaching goes, it wasn't a good fit. 

That all said I had 2 other coaches from Golftec who were awesome and helped me a ton. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

15 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Just make sure you like your coach. What I mean by like, They are willing to change tactics if you are having a hard time making the change they are looking for in your swing. the last coach I had had a love affair with a pool noodle, 5 straight lessons with that damn thing and wanted to strangle him with it. It wasn't working and I told him I didn't like it, just couldn't get used to it. He wasn't willing to change so I changed coaches had one lesson and haven't been back.

They are good guys and like them on a personal level, but as coaching goes, it wasn't a good fit. 

That all said I had 2 other coaches from Golftec who were awesome and helped me a ton. 

Mine used the noodle just to give me a feel and then took it out. We use the video a lot the actual data from the monitor mostly. I’ve gotten better results each time and the drills have been good for my swing.

I went years ago and it really wasn't for me.  While I understand what they are trying to do, I don't necessarily think you need to equate your positions to a PGA Tour Pro. 

To me it's more about your contact with the ball and being in control of that.  I do like that the lessons are recorded to some extent and all info is readily available.  It makes it so much easier to go back and review. 

As someone else mentioned, it does seem like the golf tec folks are a bit more single minded.  I believe the best coaches have a knack for communicating the necessary changes they believe with best help the student in a way that the student will gravitate towards.  People learn and think about things differently.  When a coach can simplify it helps immensely. Golf Tec, in my opinion, does not simplify anything, but rather does the opposite.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I have no experience with Golf Tec and have heard mixed reviews.  For me personally, they seem to generic and textbook... if that makes sense?  I would rather work with an independent, preferably someone closer to my age, that has a solid reputation.  I think success, with whoever you choose to get lessons from, is largely dependent on the personal connection the student and coach make.  If you feel confident in what he/she is suggesting and that they are working around your capabilities, as opposed to simply replicating the textbook swing mechanics, the likelihood of success increases greatly.  Good luck.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have no experience with Golf Tec and have heard mixed reviews.  For me personally, they seem to generic and textbook... if that makes sense?  I would rather work with an independent, preferably someone closer to my age, that has a solid reputation.  I think success, with whoever you choose to get lessons from, is largely dependent on the personal connection the student and coach make.  If you feel confident in what he/she is suggesting and that they are working around your capabilities, as opposed to simply replicating the textbook swing mechanics, the likelihood of success increases greatly.  Good luck.

I have been lucky in that my coach doesn’t just use what they tell him. It’s geared towards me and I love seeing the video when I make changes or what is off in my swing. As part of my package we have also done lessons outside and even playing lessons at a local course. So I like that I’m not just stuck in a generic situation but that I have their tech to see where I am off as well.

My wife and I sighed p for 3 lesson each and I have o say that it was an enjoyable experience. However I still think it comes down that the Pro that is running it. Sam was one of the best I have had lessons with.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I just started a 10 lesson package at GolfTec and just had my 2nd lesson. I will say that I've been very pleased so far. My first lesson, there was a discussion about weight shift and what I thought it was and his explanation was very eye opening. I've played once since my lessons and working through the swing stuff on the course was tough, but I didn't want to revert right back to my old habits. I really find the video to be very valuable and good feedback. What I feel and what's actually going on are often drastically different. So far, its been worth it to me. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

Yes, focusing on the swing changes is crucial.  You'll, no doubt, have some bad shots and scores as you work on the improved swing, but as you continue to work on the new move, it will pay off later.  Keep working on it and don't get discouraged.  Change will take time.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 8/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, Roxy13113 said:

Has anyone had recent experience with lessons at GOLFTEC?

I've been taking a series of lessons at a nearby GolfTec center and have been fortunate to get paired with a really nice and really patient 😆 coach who has really helped me a LOT. Golf is slooowly becoming a lot less frustrating for me and even starting to become .. yep! .. a little enjoyable!

I will note, though, that... 
1. I'd also previously also thought that GolfTec lessons were a "formulaic", one size fits all kind of thing. Yes, their underlying teaching method is based upon their own research into measuring the movement patterns of Pro Tour players, but ... they do realize that not all normal human beings can move like a pro so they can adapt their lessons to the individual (and importantly keeping in mind that the individual has to be adaptable to learning and not, well, be stuck in their own ways of doing things).
..so..
2. Your experience and perception of their effectiveness can very largely be based on the relationship you have with your coach - but then that is going to be true with any golf instructor - communication and understanding are key! If you don't like the coach at your center then request a change.
..and..
3. Their ultimate goal is not to get you to swing just like a pro tour player but to get you to swing more alike to the movement patterns exhibited by the majority of pro tour players and ultimately to help *you* play better golf (not just better golf swing).

The pool noodle - I've seen a bunch of comments related to this; IMO the instructor is using it as a teaching aid - just like any other golf instructor might hold up a club shaft or an alignment stick - to visually illustrate, eg., a swing path or the limit of a swing motion. If the student is performing the movement as the instructor is asking then the noodle should be taken away.

So for someone starting out - check out the coachs' bios at your local center online and then see if you can schedule a "Swing Evaluation" with that person who appears of interest to you. This can allow you to check out both the learning center and the coach. 

* Buyer's Tip:
Try to time your purchase during the period when Golftec is having a sale .. they sometimes offer -15% off all "Game Plan" packages and Lesson Packs. One sale just ended in August and there may be another coming up in November (check their website for announcements).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I've been taking a series of lessons at a nearby GolfTec center and have been fortunate to get paired with a really nice and really patient 😆 coach who has really helped me a LOT. Golf is slooowly becoming a lot less frustrating for me and even starting to become .. yep! .. a little enjoyable!

I will note, though, that... 
1. I'd also previously also thought that GolfTec lessons were a "formulaic", one size fits all kind of thing. Yes, their underlying teaching method is based upon their own research into measuring the movement patterns of Pro Tour players, but ... they do realize that not all normal human beings can move like a pro so they can adapt their lessons to the individual (and importantly keeping in mind that the individual has to be adaptable to learning and not, well, be stuck in their own ways of doing things).
..so..
2. Your experience and perception of their effectiveness can very largely be based on the relationship you have with your coach - but then that is going to be true with any golf instructor - communication and understanding are key! If you don't like the coach at your center then request a change.
..and..
3. Their ultimate goal is not to get you to swing just like a pro tour player but to get you to swing more alike to the movement patterns exhibited by the majority of pro tour players and ultimately to help *you* play better golf (not just better golf swing).

The pool noodle - I've seen a bunch of comments related to this; IMO the instructor is using it as a teaching aid - just like any other golf instructor might hold up a club shaft or an alignment stick - to visually illustrate, eg., a swing path or the limit of a swing motion. If the student is performing the movement as the instructor is asking then the noodle should be taken away.

So for someone starting out - check out the coachs' bios at your local center online and then see if you can schedule a "Swing Evaluation" with that person who appears of interest to you. This can allow you to check out both the learning center and the coach. 

* Buyer's Tip:
Try to time your purchase during the period when Golftec is having a sale .. they sometimes offer -15% off all "Game Plan" packages and Lesson Packs. One sale just ended in August and there may be another coming up in November (check their website for announcements).

I agree with the tour player statement, mine has shown me a couple of them but it is more to show just what a perfect example of what he is teaching me could look like. It just shows that swing compared to mine and where I could be missing. I like it because I get a visual of what he is talking about. 

1 hour ago, chiefs2121 said:

I agree with the tour player statement, mine has shown me a couple of them but it is more to show just what a perfect example of what he is teaching me could look like. It just shows that swing compared to mine and where I could be missing. I like it because I get a visual of what he is talking about. 

Yeah I also find those visuals pretty helpful to reinforce .. or even explain in a different way .. what the coach is trying to get me to do. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I had a swing evaluation at a new location about 3 weeks ago. I was curious about their tech and what it might reveal about my swing as I get back into the game after a TKR. The tech is really impressive, but I've held off buying a package. The suggestions I was given were ok, but a bit on the cookie cutter side. I have a LiveView camera, which I've found really useful. I know what my swing should look, feel, and perform like, so at least for now, the visual feedback is more than enough. Once I get the obvious flaws worked out, if I still feel I'm leaving improvement on the table, maybe I'll consider a package, but I think Golf-Tec preaches stack and tilt and this is not for me. I'm not looking to change my swing, I'm just want to optimize what I have. If I feel the need, I can rent Trackman time at Golf Galaxy, and a range not too far way has Toptracer as well. 

Driver: :tour-edge: c721 9.5 / HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Irons: :taylormade-small:P7MB 3-PW, Project X IO 5.5, 1.5 flat
Wedges: Hogan Equalizer II, 52 standard V sole, 58 Texas Grind
Hybrid: :callaway-small: FT 20 degrees
Fairway: :tour-edge: c721 5-wood / HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Putter: EVNROLL ER2 Black

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2021 at 10:39 PM, JFish350 said:

Nerdle is one of the most popular mathematical games available for mobile devices, including smartphones. In 2017, Tapulous completed the acquisition of the business that had been established in 2009 by Lucas Petersen.

After completing a year of classes with golftec, I wanted to share my thoughts with anyone who has used the programme in the past or is considering doing so in the future. Additionally, I have assisted quite a few of my fellow Reddit golfers with the recommendation, and all of them have had successful outcomes. I felt compelled to talk about my own experiences.

I went to them about 3 years ago and wasn't a big fan. It was around the onslaught of Covid in this country, and even though they took my money and said they would be open, they were very limited with availability. I also believe that my fitting for new clubs wasn't done very effectively. After 10 lessons, I went from a 7 handicap to an 11 handicap in that season and was told that they could get me down to a 3 or 4! Went back to an old instructor I had and have been back at my 7 Handicap. So I guess (as other people have said) it depends on the coach...

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter