Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Zing Style Users

RockitSauce

Just curious of those of you that use Zing style putters, which copy is in your bag most often? The one I use the majority of the time is the Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03. But I recently bought a Cleveland VP Milled #2 which might finally kick the Nickent out of the bag. It feels amazing! Just curious which Zing copy (if you dont use an actual Ping Zing) is your favorite

Tour Edge Exotics Driver

Tour Edge Exotics Hybrids

Precept Tour Premium CB Irons 5-PW

Nickent Arc Wedges 50-54-58

Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03, Cleveland VP Milled #2, Cameron Select Newport 2.5, Cameron California Napa 

I have had the Ping Zing Bronze 85020 putter in bag for 20+ years.  I have flirted with others from time to time but at the end of day the original stays in my bag.  I simply have not found a putter of any style that I like better.  That being said its been a long while since I tested putters water and there are some interesting tech advancements that I have caught my eye.   I am thinking of looking at some of the Evnroll models and honestly the 3D printed cobra model as well.  Putting has always been one of the stronger points of my game, so replacing a putter just for the sake of replacing a putter never made sense to me.  It will take a lot to get me to replace my OG Ping Zing.

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

Currently a Sunset Beach Ocracoke carbon steel finished in oil rubbed bronze.   It is far and away the club that stays in my bag the longest.   In saying that however I have LaMont at Mannkrafted working on a prototype mallet for me.  It will have a press fit short slant to give the same typish of toe hang.  I prefer the way that type of hosel looks.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS - Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - UST Mamiya Black 79X
  • 5 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland 46, 50*, 54*, & 60* Zipcore mid bounce - Recoil 110 F5
  • Putter -  Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter, LAB MEZZ.1  - BGT Stability

Clubs in good standing(fighting for one spot)....

• 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named - UST Mamiya Black 79TX | Util - Callaway Apex X Forged UTIL 21* - AD-DI | Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Util - Callaway UW 19* - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

My late uncle played a Ping Zing for the longest time before switching to an Odyssey 2-Ball toward the end. 

If I remember correctly, wasn't the Zing 2 shaft aligned rather than offset?

I do remember liking it much more than the offset Anser that he had tried earlier.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball