Get in the hole

Riverboat

Why won't the tour eject these idiots who scream get in the hole or bababooey at the top of their lungs. If they did it for just a few weeks, word would get out and it would pretty much stop. 

• Like 1

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

Agreed! All I can say is don't try it at the Masters. Saw quite a few get ejected over the years. They run a tight ship. Wish every event did.

• Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

As annoying as the random 2 brain cell comments are, it seems like ever since fans have been back they've increased their toxicity past the random Thanksgiving foods they typically stick to. I didn't catch what the spectator said at the BMW that made Nance react, but that seems to be more common. That's even more disappointing, I hope folks like that are booted, zero tolerance. 

I literally don't think you could possibly liquor me up enough to want to scream "mashed potatoes" 0.2 milliseconds after someone contacts the golf ball.

• Like 1

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

**Currently testing: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts)

Wedges (54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

I’m not a fan of it at all , and think it’s kinda stupid, BUT it’s really just all in good fun( to them I guess). It’s not hurting anyone or being offensive. In reality though it’s another thing where golf needs to get over it’s self. It may be a way of giving the middle finger to what is a game that has a history, and currently really, of having some issues with inclusion. So as obnoxious as it is golf has a lot bigger issues than yelling stupid s*** on tv after a ball is hit on the tour. 

10 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

I’m not a fan of it at all , and think it’s kinda stupid, BUT it’s really just all in good fun( to them I guess). It’s not hurting anyone or being offensive. In reality though it’s another thing where golf needs to get over it’s self. It may be a way of giving the middle finger to what is a game that has a history, and currently really, of having some issues with inclusion. So as obnoxious as it is golf has a lot bigger issues than yelling stupid s*** on tv after a ball is hit on the tour. 

That's one way to look at it and probably a valid one at that. However the opposite take is that politeness and caring whether we are adversely affecting someone else with our own behavior is becoming less and less valued in our society. Screaming loudly a millisecond after one player hits may very well be at the top of the backswing of another player 50 yards away on the previous hole. Golf is one of the last bastions of at least slightly caring about polite behavior. I'd hate to see us just give up on that because it might bring a few more people into the game. It's very much like those who blast music while playing at your local course.  I have no issue with those who have it just loud enough for themselves and their cartmates to hear, but I shouldn't be subjected to it three fairways over. And before anyone argues that you have as much right to play music loudly as I do not to, wrong. Your active behavior is impinging on me, my quiet is not invading your space. It's no different than someone wanting to smoke at the table next to me in a restaurant. Not okay. Just a little consideration of how our active behavior affects others is one of the hallmarks of civilized society. I'm not ready to give up on that. 

• Like 2

😧 Wilson Triton

The tour says they'll now kick out those calling Bryson Brooks. Good. But now add in the idiots we've been discussing. 

😧 Wilson Triton

I think there will be a lot of arrests… there is a pretty good chance those two end up paired together this week… what a fireworks show that will be.

Someone needs to put a stop to this garbage.  

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 8:34 PM, Riverboat said:

Why won't the tour eject these idiots who scream get in the hole or bababooey at the top of their lungs. If they did it for just a few weeks, word would get out and it would pretty much stop. 

I don't follow pro golf--occasionally I'll watch a women's tournament because, well, they're women--

but I'm cool with ejecting boorish, uncouth fans. It's not roller derby or pro wrestling.

Fortunately, at this point in time, we're only talking about a few dipsticks doing this.  Unfortunately, we're talking about the few dipsticks who are, IMO, ruining an aspect of golf that I always found cool and different.  Shouting "get in the hole" and "baba-booey" at the top of one's lungs is asinine.   @ncwozand @Shanksteralready nailed the correlation with excessive alcohol intake and this behavior. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2021 at 9:39 AM, Riverboat said:

That's one way to look at it and probably a valid one at that. However the opposite take is that politeness and caring whether we are adversely affecting someone else with our own behavior is becoming less and less valued in our society. Screaming loudly a millisecond after one player hits may very well be at the top of the backswing of another player 50 yards away on the previous hole. Golf is one of the last bastions of at least slightly caring about polite behavior. I'd hate to see us just give up on that because it might bring a few more people into the game. It's very much like those who blast music while playing at your local course.  I have no issue with those who have it just loud enough for themselves and their cartmates to hear, but I shouldn't be subjected to it three fairways over. And before anyone argues that you have as much right to play music loudly as I do not to, wrong. Your active behavior is impinging on me, my quiet is not invading your space. It's no different than someone wanting to smoke at the table next to me in a restaurant. Not okay. Just a little consideration of how our active behavior affects others is one of the hallmarks of civilized society. I'm not ready to give up on that. 

Plus 100.  You said it extremely well.

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree