Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Sand and Lob Wedge Shafts - weight, type and lie angle

I just bought Vokey SM8 54 and 58 with Nippon NS Pro 950GH shafts and TaylorMade P790 irons with Recoil ES 760 Smacwrap. Lie angle is 2* flat. I was fitted for the irons, but not a formal fitting for the wedges.

Thinking of replacing Vokey shafts with Recoil ES 780 Smacwrap (about 13 grams heavier than other irons, but similar shaft).

Any thoughts or comments on changing the shafts and or lie angle. I saw 1 instructor online who suggested wedge lie angles be anywhere from 2*-4* different from irons.  

Thanks  

LEFT HANDED

Driver - PXG 0211 9*  Accra TZ6 45 M3 shaft

Fairway 3&5 - PXG 0341X GEN 4  Kuro Kage Black 55R

Hybrid - PXG 0317X GEN 2  Accra I 70

6-GW - PXG 0211  MMT 70T

54/58 - Vokey SM8   NS Pro 950 GH

Putter - PXG Bat Attack

Ball - Pro V1

Grips - Tour Velvet X

Speaking only for myself, I like all wedges at a uniform 63º lie and about 35½" in length, regardless of loft.

I like the same shaft as in my numbered irons except for the lob wedge;  there, I like the heaviest weight graphite available like the old Aldila Lobster.

I can't tell you how many sand shots I choked on when I first went to graphite on the sand wedge because subconsciously, 

I was afraid of the shaft snapping on the explosion shot and a jagged end ending up in my eye..

I always choose every wedge at the minimum bounce offered at the particular loft, and I'd be cool with none at all on the lob wedge.

That's me.   Perhaps not for everybody.  If you hit a lot of full shots with the lob wedge, for example,

and rarely try a flop, you might want a little bounce on that wedge too.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Thank you for your thoughts.

LEFT HANDED

Driver - PXG 0211 9*  Accra TZ6 45 M3 shaft

Fairway 3&5 - PXG 0341X GEN 4  Kuro Kage Black 55R

Hybrid - PXG 0317X GEN 2  Accra I 70

6-GW - PXG 0211  MMT 70T

54/58 - Vokey SM8   NS Pro 950 GH

Putter - PXG Bat Attack

Ball - Pro V1

Grips - Tour Velvet X