Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Yellow Ball Roast's

Yellow Ball

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I have tried to stay out of this thread but I feel Yellow Ball is misleading MGS members like Walter Mitty. Every night I put yellow balls on top of my lost/found stash and every morning when I check on them, I find them hiding on the bottom of the box. I am certainly open to an explanation but "I am afraid" we already know the answer. 

2120040543_yellowball.JPG.0fe15af819b15d4a710a943f09306e5a.JPG2077746350_yellowballhiding.JPG.dc14820ac3582f03f4cbc07249ce32f1.JPG

Yellow balls are a little shy! They are out numbered greatly. If youv'e noticed when you move them back to the top there is one or two more. You know what's going on down there. I was so happy to see my cousin from Europe there.  Tell him I said "Goalllll !

On 9/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, tony@CIC said:

I vote for this to be the best thread ever on MGS....including the Odyssey Giveaway. Thank you @Yellow Ball

I second that motion 👍

Oops I meant... 🟡🥎🌕🌝

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Yellow Ball said:

Here’s yet another escapade from my trip to Oregon a while back. Just a fun fact here to start with. Oregon has the most ghost towns of any state. Just seemed appropriate since I am finally getting to post this one in October even though my trip was a while back. But having the most ghost towns makes perfect sense to me. Forget the crap about mining and lumber industries drying up. It’s because the golf season is only 5 months long and they get 37 inches of rain a year. I wouldn’t live there either!

So I got a round in with @CarlH and a few of his buddies. I was never so confused. I could never figure out where I was on the course. His buddies were pretty impatient with slow play. There was a group of women in front of us and one of them was a notorious slow player. I think a snail could have kept pace with her. So we were jumping around the course playing different holes to keep moving.

I think the golf gods were not pleased with him letting his buddies pressure him into skipping around and asked me to help them out in my own "special way". So I gave him as many bad breaks as I could. I like fried eggs even though it reminds me of one of my relatives. I figured I would give him one of those to start.

295891452_33.jpg(2).png.f784c61feaa7ad390a46eed62080fc86.png

He wasn’t saying very nice things to me after that. Now I know why his last name is Harsch.  It just amazes me how quickly I can get under someone’s skin on the golf course. Right after this incident his chip- yips showed up. That put him on the bogey train after that. What a blast! Sometimes I have a little to much fun messing with people.

I think these guys in Oregon have no patience. Always wanted to get away from the traffic. Now I will admit Carl wanted to play the course as intended. But he succumbed to peer pressure. He had a weak moment. Maybe he needs some balls! (Yellow of course)

So you know Carl plays bad when he doesn’t get a good night sleep. He was probably worried about when Yellow Ball would throw him on the grill. So now that’s its out, and I gave him a hell of a day he should be starting to get some better sleep and his game will improve. Hey just a thought Carl, try counting yellow balls when you go to sleep! Just think of me smiling at you over and over! You’ll play so much better the next day. Oh wait that’s right, that won’t happen now it’s probably already snowing there!

34.jpg.291021282490fcf8f5127650d0b9535a.jpg

One Yellow Ball, Two Yellow Ball, 3YB, 4YB........Zzzzzz

I wish I could have been with him on a different day. But you know, “Yellow Ball” can be anywhere at anytime!  I felt bad afterwards and got him a root beer. I’m sure I’ll catch back up with him sooner or later.

I did meet up with one more spy from that area while on my trip. But you will just have to wait to see who. It's going to be a long winter so hopefully some of my stories will help pass the time for you spies foolish enough to live where that white sh*t falls from the sky. 

We want to hear @CarlH 's side of the story @Yellow Ball, not that we don't believe you, but........

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

In my defense, I was pretty drunk.  I've had enough of Oregon, BTW .... headed off to another pasture soon.  Arkansas will be the future home.  I'm going to invite @Yellow Ballto visit me as my guest at our Member Guest tournament.  Bear in mind, that a substantial entrance fee will be required....I did mention that you were paying for the both of us, plus all buy ins and side bets, right?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 8/31/2021 at 7:54 AM, The Hat said:

Hi Yellow. I think we need to get together sometime.

I didn’t see that coming 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... We have already established some insights into Yellow Ball and his favorite movie character Brave Sir Robin from The Holy Grail should have given us a clue, so don't expect him to take you up on your challenge. Found this hiding out over the weekend when getting ready to make some French Toast and it certainly may give us some insight into the age old question of which came first:

egg.JPG.a1ef748e1f3c9078b4ff1e5a5fbc92a2.JPG

Awwww how cute. A fresh batch. Obviously you don't know jack about a fresh hatch. Can't you see the pale complexion. My God man, your supposed to pick up immediately and spank it's bottom to get it breathing and bring out the darker yellow color.  This also gets them used to their future of being smacked around.

10 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:
10 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

If you need me for your Member Guest

I'd like to extend a personal invitation to our Member-Guest day. Entrance fee is only $200. which includes lunch, dinner, prizes, and a pair of shoes. Oh wait - you don't have any feet - sorry. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

I've had enough of Oregon, BTW .... headed off to another pasture soon.  Arkansas will be the future home.

Now that is quite a change-up.  What is it about OR that has been enough and about AR that drew you there? Hopefully you're close to this.  

Arkansas Golf Trail | Arkansas.com

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

11 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

Hope my head doesn't swell with all the popularity.

If it does, you won't be USGA legal and roast scores won't count 🙂

14 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

Hope my head doesn't swell with all the popularity. I would hate to have to go out an buy all new hats.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

If it does, you won't be USGA legal and roast scores won't count 🙂

Actually, as long as @Yellow Ball is not less than 1.680 inches in diameter, his swelled head doesn't matter... no maximum "head" size.

However, as much as he has been in the water, he might exceed the weight limit!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now that is quite a change-up.  What is it about OR that has been enough and about AR that drew you there?

One guess is that AR has a much higher population of Yellow Balls 😉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

One guess is that AR has a much higher population of Yellow Balls 😉

Another guess is that AR isn't as cold as it will be here in the PNW this winter when we have a much higher population of Blue Balls.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 10/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, Yellow Ball said:

It's going to be a long winter so hopefully some of my stories will help pass the time for you spies foolish enough to live where that white sh*t falls from the sky. 

The trick is to not live where the white sh*t falls from the sky, when the white sh*t falls from the sky 🙂.

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

The trick is to not live where the white sh*t falls from the sky, when the white sh*t falls from the sky 🙂.

Or get old😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Well, well, well., I'm finally wearing off on a few of you and your letting your sense of humor spill out. So good to see a bunch of you having a little fun and "egging " me on.

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

@Yellow Ball However, as much as he has been in the water, he might exceed the weight limit!!  

I work out regularly and get a tremendous amount of rolling exercise finding my way home. 

I'd love to stay and chat but I have a bunch of hookers coming over in a little while. Gota get ready.

6 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

@Rickp get you mind out of the gutter. Bunch of guys that hook the ball are coming over for a poker game.

I hit the dreaded “straight ball”😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I hit the dreaded “straight ball”😱

"You only hit a straight ball by accident.  The ball is going to move right or left every time you hit it, so you had better make it go one way or the other." -  Ben Hogan

Apparently, you and I have a lot of "accidents" on the course.  😂

54 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

"You only hit a straight ball by accident.  The ball is going to move right or left every time you hit it, so you had better make it go one way or the other." -  Ben Hogan

Huh, guess so.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

... Ben was playing balata balls and hitting one of those straight with a persimmon driver or Muscle Back iron was most definitely impossible. Today everything is designed for straight and working the ball one way or the other is doable but you really have to work at it. Of course unless you don't want it to curve and then a nice over the top, open face delivery can do wonders moving the modern ball. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Ben was playing balata balls and hitting one of those straight with a persimmon driver or Muscle Back iron was most definitely impossible. Today everything is designed for straight and working the ball one way or the other is doable but you really have to work at it. Of course unless you don't want it to curve and then a nice over the top, open face delivery can do wonders moving the modern ball. 🤪

Science made the game easier for us without most of us realizing and we still have difficulty keeping it straight.  What a game 🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Science made the game easier for us without most of us realizing and we still have difficulty keeping it straight.  What a game 🤣

... True dat. I do hit a pretty straight ball. That said, on any given day I can easily push it straight right into trees, water or another fairway. Low and left is also an option although not as popular as high and right. 🙄

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now that is quite a change-up.  What is it about OR that has been enough and about AR that drew you there? Hopefully you're close to this.  

Arkansas Golf Trail | Arkansas.com

Tired of the smoke every year, the taxes, the growing drug and vagrancy issues, and the overall direction the state is going.  Hot Springs Village, Ar is the largest gated community in the US with 11 lakes and 9 golf courses.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

11 hours ago, chisag said:

So those Slazenger 3 doz for $25.  'Straight and Long' really do go straight ? 😛

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

So those Slazenger 3 doz for $25.  'Straight and Long' really do go straight ? 😛

Gotta check, I think they’re Dunlop’s😜

Rick

Left Hand,