TESTERS WANTED! ×

Yellow Ball Roast's

Yellow Ball

10 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Well all I can say is if I wind up with the snakes and scorpions it's because YOU were playing like crap.  Then I will have accomplished my goal for the day.

... Fair enough but of course I never use a yellow ball. You will have to accompany my partner. And fwiw, I don't need any help from you to play like crap as that is something I am fully capable of all on my own. Maybe next June when the temps are in the 110-118 range? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Fair enough but of course I never use a yellow ball. You will have to accompany my partner. And fwiw, I don't need any help from you to play like crap as that is something I am fully capable of all on my own. Maybe next June when the temps are in the 110-118 range? 

See original post. I appear as a white ball with a sponsors logo on my coveralls. So there is a yellow ball hiding under the surface. Since you are a + handicap you need a little more help than others do to play like crap.

Thanks for the invite for June but I am up north that time of year. I learned my lesson last time. It almost turned into a scene from the Wizard of Oz.   Help me I'm melting........

44 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Thanks for the invite for June but I am up north that time of year. I learned my lesson last time. It almost turned into a scene from the Wizard of Oz.   Help me I'm melting........

... LOL, I know the feeling. Growing up in the South 100* with 85* humidity was much worse than 115* and 15% humidity. But both are silly hot. After 42 years in Chicago (which was 41 too many) it will take my quite a few summers to completely thaw and I will take 115* over 15-0* and a wind-chill of 0-30* below every time. 🤪

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... LOL, I know the feeling. Growing up in the South 100* with 85* humidity was much worse than 115* and 15% humidity. But both are silly hot. After 42 years in Chicago (which was 41 too many) it will take my quite a few summers to completely thaw and I will take 115* over 15-0* and a wind-chill of 0-30* below every time. 🤪

I'm hearing this same song repeated by many older people.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

See original post. I appear as a white ball with a sponsors logo on my coveralls. So there is a yellow ball hiding under the surface. Since you are a + handicap you need a little more help than others do to play like crap.

You might need to be a little more specific.  You can visit me in June... I live "up north"; actually the same latitude as northern Maine.  This last June we saw a week of temps ranging from 111-118º.  Like AZ the humidity was 15%.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, chisag said:

... Time to come clean. I have been giving you a hard time because ... well ... truth is ... I ... (gulp) ... feel bad about letting you get burnt so bad when we played together. But I have you covered if you ever get down here again. 

1710310606_YBsunshade.JPG.dd42d7204089054579db19650ecfd555.JPG

I have my own glasses that actually fit, a multitude of hats that fit, and my own sunscreen. But I'll still pass on the summer months there!

16.jpg.5abff767076ef4dc0ff06c4a752de485.jpg

5 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

16.jpg.5abff767076ef4dc0ff06c4a752de485.jpg

... I tried to be nice but your ignorance is showing. Again. SPF4?!?!? No wonder you got burnt so bad (figuratively and literally). The sun may be yellow  but it ain't your friend when it gets above 100*. I know you are still working on your GED but ... SPF4 in Phoenix? In the summer?!?! You might as well slather yourself with butter, sour cream and chives. 🤡

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I tried to be nice but your ignorance is showing. Again. SPF4?!?!? No wonder you got burnt so bad (figuratively and literally). The sun may be yellow  but it ain't your friend when it gets above 100*. I know you are still working on your GED but ... SPF4 in Phoenix? In the summer?!?! You might as well slather yourself with butter, sour cream and chives. 🤡

Thanks, now I want a baked potato.  

I use SPF4 to get my handsome color. It works for most places I go. Yet another reason not to go to Arizona in the summer again.  Just for the record I have graduated from an institute of higher learning. Magna Cum Laude class of............. wouldn't you like to know! 

GED...? Nice try!

... To all my fellow golf spies:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yellow Ball said:

I will pick on people that have been around a while. Why, well because I make the rules. 

So the other day while spinning the roulette wheel a name came up and for the first time I  was a little stumped on my approach. Not being one to let things go I figured I would spin the wheel again and make it a two fer. Short and sweet. So let's get to it.

Our first winner was @tommc23 

How can you have over six thousand posts and not talk much about your golf game or lack of a golf game? Seems to be easy for @tommc23. What do we know?

He obviously likes to cook some mouthwatering meals.

Sip on some fine whisky

Smokes quality cigars

Hunts

Trains working dogs for hunting.

Golf’s, maybe……. He’s done some testing but certainly doesn’t give a guy like me much to work with! Does he go out and play secretly? Is he afraid of what Yellow Ball will do? I mean really, it looks like my critiquing has actually helped out a few spies.

Maybe I need to start being a food critic on the side. Hey, I gota eat anyway! Nah who am I kidding I got to much on my plate already.  Get it "on my plate" Sorry, lame YB humor.

470495195_31(2).jpg.a90b07eeb30df30b6737878ee2278677.jpg

But being a Fireman I will venture to guess that most dishes are on the spicy side. Spicy dish’s give ole YB gas. But I think some of you guys could use a little extra propulsion off the tee anyway. Just make sure I am facing the right direction. You might not like the smell but you will appreciate the extra distance.

Gas.jpg.7817f7b5e7301e4cd118cbd70888d088.jpg

Our second spin came up on @fozcycle

I noticed the injuries have been growing. I think @fozcycle needs to take a break. His determination to play is admirable.  He wound up with Osteoarthritis in his fingers and bilateral carpal tunnel. He’s playing with K tape all over the place and lost his feel on chips and putts. Received steroid shots in his lower back. He also had a partial tear in his right shoulder from a car accident. He’s been taking care of his wife who is recovering from her surgery from the same car accident. Phew there's a lot going on there. 

Since late August his rounds have been on the rise. From a mid 80’s guy now we are talking about being in the the mid to upper 90’s.

Even though Yellow Ball is a calls it as I sees it kind of guy, I won’t kick a guy when he’s down (well I’ll try not to). It’s ok to take a break and let some things heal. We won’t think less of you. Trim the beard or whatever you want to do. @dlow206 has been playing better since he trimmed his beard! Just a thought!

Even though the Foz is playing injured he is still scamming the golf community in his area. Who comes in first place and only comes home with a $12.50 payout? Either he is telling a tall tale to hide golf fund money from his wife or he is playing with some real cheapO’s. Note to self, don’t retire to Florida no money to be had there! I couldn't even afford to get refurbished living there and playing with those guys!

2011551336_nocash.jpg.4d6611f0e177c0fe818ba3e786b99797.jpg

Oh my cooking game is definitely stronger than my golf game. Why talk about what I’m bad at when I can talk about what I’m good at 😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

I'm surprised your still upright with all that going on! You might want to put a wheel chair on the Christmas List. Must be a hoot going through the airport with you. Christmas lights going off everywhere. But seriously, I hope the shoulder surgery goes well when you finally get it done. Don't take short cuts on the recovery. Follow doctors orders. 

I got a text message from a Maxifli Tour YB requesting a search party.  Must have been from your shot!

Thanks for the support…….I’ll add the Wheelchair to my list as Christmas Day is also my Birthday! On another note, you better send scuba divers.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Thanks for the support…….I’ll add the Wheelchair to my list as Christmas Day is also my Birthday! On another note, you better send scuba divers.

Well you have some pretty good company on your birthday! Other than Jesus, It's mine too. I did wish for scuba gear for Christmas. We all know how often that will come in handy.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, Yellow Ball said:

I spun the wheel of mis-fortune this morning and @Sluggo42 's name came up.

His game seems to be like a roller coaster ride. Playing well then the bottom falls out, then playing well again. I see this with a lot of you spies. The roller coaster analogy just seems to fit. You get on and you have a slow climb to the top just like getting your score or handicap down. Then all the sudden you drop to the bottom. Just like having a bad day. Then you have the twists and turns. Like a slice or a hook creeping in. Then a little uphill climb again. Now you are getting a little better. We will get back to this in a minute.

1605940907_RollerCoaster.jpg.8ef6695d93ef7eefe4fda6c915eb7a1c.jpg

Sluggo42 says he hits his irons better when he chokes up. The only time I get choked up is when a hot pink ball rolls by me. But he seems to get choked up fondling his irons. To each his own I guess!

Lately ole Sluggo fell in love with this chick called Adele but she spells it differently “Edel”. He said he fell in love when he opened her box. Too Much Information I believe.  Seems like she is doing all the putting for him lately. It’s a good thing too because she's a much better putter.

Back to my roller coaster analogy. Have you ever noticed that so many golfers think they found the magic secret to playing golf? Then the next day it doesn’t work anymore or you lost the mojo. Sluggo has found and lost the secret so many times I stopped counting. Let’s break  down a few since September shall we!

It all started out like this:

Really good round and only 25 putts.

Right when I think I got this game by the tail, along comes a round where I literally stink, and I can’t even hit the stupid ball.     Sorry my bad the Yelllow Ball was in play.

Had a few consecutive rounds of stench golfing, and considering stepping away for a while. Yellow Ball can see the game between the ears took a break!

Nice round today with an epic front 9.

Shot ok, butt 33 putts.   He blamed Edel  for having gas and heard her fart. Boy if your driver could talk I’m sure he would have some things to say about the noises he hears on the tee box.

I’m shooting darts, I haven’t mishit anything.

I found the answer to fat hits.

My streak of good play continues, in addition to my superb iron play is my driver and fairway woods.

Driver has been a little fadey. Play the fade and it goes straight.

40.jpg.fc092ac2d4df316ceddbdd98dbf79638.jpg

I’m not picking on Sluggo, but this shows you that this is a typical pattern that most golfers fall into. It happens with the Pro’s too. Look what happened to Bryson yesterday in "The Match". So don’t feel bad when this happens. Don’t throw in the towel, work through it.  Laugh it off, tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrow.jpg.2c3f3a9d5850537b27e62a547ad051be.jpg

Haha, I just saw this…it’s just too true…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 12/12/2021 at 2:06 PM, Yellow Ball said:

Yellow Ball Phobia

Why is it that there is a conscious effort by most to avoid the yellow ball. If you are worried about Yellow Ball because I am an exploiter of your short comings well that’s only because I am trying to help in my own twisted way. I have become an excuse for you hitting a bad shot. I have people calling me names. I had @chisag 's friends give me the middle finger. Then it's been called a Yellow Ball kind of day. Luckily I am thick covered. But I don’t understand. Obviously am doing something right because I have helped a few spies already. There are probably a few others that just don’t want to freaking admit it. It’s okay some of you just aren’t comfortable coming out.

Closet.jpg.2b7bba24234a548209dea1216a37940d.jpg

Let’s look a bit at the benefits of using a yellow ball.

Golf.com and Cleveland published some information. Srixon did a study as well as a few others. Titleist came late to the party but now they offer the ProV1 in a high visibility yellow. Here is some information that I thought you should know.

Using a YB will lessen you chance of a lost ball which in turn will speed up play by spending less time looking for your ball. Yellow is easier to see in the fairway, rough, or in the woods. There is some legitimate science behind using a yellow ball that will help you play better. Yellow is the most visible color in the visible spectrum. The color green is associated with a calming effect. So with yellow being most visible against a calming green background you should have a more relaxed swing. That is unless you are looking at the ball and seeing my sweet face. I can be a little intimidating. 

667709886_YellowBallprofile3.jpg.88b2b18ca1238de19174bfa6dc2a1862.jpg

On your shots or putts, It is easier to focus on a bright yellow target that a dull white one against a green background.  A yellow ball in the air is easier to track by a factor of three. It can be seen more effectively over 250 yards compared to a white ball. So why don’t Pro’s use yellow more often? For one thing they have a caddie and a gallery that can help them find their ball.

Just a bit of info here, tennis used to use a white ball then switched over to yellow! Who even remembers a white tennis ball?

So the good news for you is that using a yellow ball will help you. The bad news is that if some of you switch over to using yellow I might be spending more time in the water. I can’t help you with saving strokes there. I hope I get scuba gear for Christmas.

I will never play with you in any type of a real game, but I have played many practice rounds with many of your friends. But we will always have a connection that no one can ever take from us. You were the one in play for my one and only HIO. 

On 12/6/2021 at 4:23 AM, fozcycle said:

Hey YB, thanks for the shoutout.  I do want to point out a few more things to ya…..I play with a steel plate , 13 screws & an inch of my hip in my left wrist(from ice skating accident 24 yrs ago) as well as overstretched ligaments in my left ankle(from too many sprained ankles).  Not whining or complaining though. Next up will be scoping my shoulder in January. That will leave me with an 8 week layoff. Gosh, I haven’t had that big a break from golf in 24 years.  BTW, been playing for 63 years.  Recently I purchased 4 dozen Maxfli Tour CG YELLOW Golfballs. Yep, 4 dozen of your relatives, heck I have already lost one of your relatives this past weekend.  Can’t wait to conveniently place the rest of your cousins in the waters of Plantation Palms. Happy Holidays YB!

I’m in a 4-6 week layoff due to a gall bladder removal surgery, and the worst part is I’m still in week #1…

20 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I will never play with you in any type of a real game, but I have played many practice rounds with many of your friends. But we will always have a connection that no one can ever take from us. You were the one in play for my one and only HIO. 

Good times!

18.jpg.05de06e01f7933bee8bc6421d0ff18dd.jpg

Now rest up for 4 to 6 weeks and we can do it again.

... I just love how Yellow Ball takes credit for good shots but blames the golfer for bad shots. I hate to call our Yellow friend out but the apple does not fall far from the tree:

Branded is an American Western series that aired on NBC from 1965 through 1966. It was sponsored by Procter & Gamble in its Sunday night, 8:30 p.m. Eastern time period. The series is set in the post Civil War old west. The show starred Yellow Ball Sr, a United States Army cavalry captain who had been court-martialed and drummed out of the service following an unjust accusation of cowardice and actually where the "Yellow" moniker originated.

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I just love how Yellow Ball takes credit for good shots but blames the golfer for bad shots. I hate to call our Yellow friend out but the apple does not fall far from the tree:

Branded is an American Western series that aired on NBC from 1965 through 1966. It was sponsored by Procter & Gamble in its Sunday night, 8:30 p.m. Eastern time period. The series is set in the post Civil War old west. The show starred Yellow Ball Sr, a United States Army cavalry captain who had been court-martialed and drummed out of the service following an unjust accusation of cowardice and actually where the "Yellow" moniker originated.

Bazinga GIFs | Tenor

and

fishlappingdance.gif.50c11a17e97bd82558cd6894ea2123f6.gif

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, chisag said:

Ohhhh my aging friend. I see it is time for a check up with your optometrist or you might need those memory enhancing pills. I didn’t take credit. I was given credit. Try reading again. Maybe you read it and forgot that quickly. It's ok it happens to aging actors. Try reading again like you are rehearsing your lines.

5 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

But we will always have a connection that no one can ever take from us. You were the one in play for my one and only HIO. 

Now truthfully I am an opportunist. I'll take credit for whatever I can get away with. That's  how I roll. He who has the last laugh, laughs loudest. Laughter is the best medicine and thats what this thread is all about.

But there have been quite a few that had good things happen after being roasted. Jealousy is not a good trait for you! Obviously your on Santa's naughty list. Loser! Probably because you coaxed your buddies into giving me the middle finger. 

I'm guessing it won't be long before people are asking me to toss them on the grill. I was thinking about taking off for the holidays. 

It was a little weird that you are so obsessed with me that you looked into my family history. That's not far from being a stalker. Big guy like you spying on a little ball like me. Creepy.

33 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

I see your having the same problem with one of yours! Well your no help. 🤣

I've always felt proper child rearing begins with an emphasis on a good education.... 

it should be "you're no help"

Maybe the little ball didn't fall far from the shag bag??     😝

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.