Yellow Ball Roast's

6 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

@Rickp get you mind out of the gutter. Bunch of guys that hook the ball are coming over for a poker game.

I hit the dreaded “straight ball”😱

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I hit the dreaded “straight ball”😱

"You only hit a straight ball by accident.  The ball is going to move right or left every time you hit it, so you had better make it go one way or the other." -  Ben Hogan

Apparently, you and I have a lot of "accidents" on the course.  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

54 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

"You only hit a straight ball by accident.  The ball is going to move right or left every time you hit it, so you had better make it go one way or the other." -  Ben Hogan

Huh, guess so.  

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

... Ben was playing balata balls and hitting one of those straight with a persimmon driver or Muscle Back iron was most definitely impossible. Today everything is designed for straight and working the ball one way or the other is doable but you really have to work at it. Of course unless you don't want it to curve and then a nice over the top, open face delivery can do wonders moving the modern ball. 🤪

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Ben was playing balata balls and hitting one of those straight with a persimmon driver or Muscle Back iron was most definitely impossible. Today everything is designed for straight and working the ball one way or the other is doable but you really have to work at it. Of course unless you don't want it to curve and then a nice over the top, open face delivery can do wonders moving the modern ball. 🤪

Science made the game easier for us without most of us realizing and we still have difficulty keeping it straight.  What a game 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Science made the game easier for us without most of us realizing and we still have difficulty keeping it straight.  What a game 🤣

... True dat. I do hit a pretty straight ball. That said, on any given day I can easily push it straight right into trees, water or another fairway. Low and left is also an option although not as popular as high and right. 🙄

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now that is quite a change-up.  What is it about OR that has been enough and about AR that drew you there? Hopefully you're close to this.  

Arkansas Golf Trail | Arkansas.com

Tired of the smoke every year, the taxes, the growing drug and vagrancy issues, and the overall direction the state is going.  Hot Springs Village, Ar is the largest gated community in the US with 11 lakes and 9 golf courses.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

11 hours ago, chisag said:

So those Slazenger 3 doz for $25.  'Straight and Long' really do go straight ? 😛

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

So those Slazenger 3 doz for $25.  'Straight and Long' really do go straight ? 😛

Gotta check, I think they’re Dunlop’s😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:19 PM, CarlH said:

In my defense, I was pretty drunk.  I've had enough of Oregon, BTW .... headed off to another pasture soon.  Arkansas will be the future home.  I'm going to invite @Yellow Ballto visit me as my guest at our Member Guest tournament.  Bear in mind, that a substantial entrance fee will be required....I did mention that you were paying for the both of us, plus all buy ins and side bets, right?

I guess you were drunk!!  @Yellow Ball ended up in mighty strange places.  Nice shot!!

IMG_1477.jpeg.fa5a8c06101bff7d719a4505eec2e3e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I guess you were drunk!!  @Yellow Ball ended up in mighty strange places.  Nice shot!!

Soft landing, no dent!  Not like the one I put in the side of a Porsche. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, tony@CIC said:

I'd like to extend a personal invitation to our Member-Guest day. Entrance fee is only $200. which includes lunch, dinner, prizes, and a pair of shoes. Oh wait - you don't have any feet - sorry. 

Don't pick on my lack of feet. Let me show you what I got on my trip to the Netherlands. Figured these cool wooden shoes would help me in shallow water.

IMG_1788.jpg.288e3cea28e33ed251821212ce852481.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

That's not me that's my cousin Chomper. He lives in Oregon, the beaver state. You can tell by his teeth. Tell him I said Bite Me. He'll know what you mean.

• Haha 7

... Yellow Ball has reached a new low. Evidently a Tennessee fan, he threw himself at Lane Kiffen during the game:

One of those things was a yellow golf ball (who brings a golf ball to a football game?) that seemed to hit Kiffin while he talked to a referee.

Screen-Shot-2021-10-17-at-11.28.28-AM.jpg?w=1000&h=590&crop=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 9/18/2021 at 8:38 PM, Yellow Ball said:

I met @cksurfdude for lunch at a nice little Italian place for a slice of pizza. What’s better than NY pizza? “Nothing”. After lunch we went and played a bit.  Unfortunately my bucket list course will have to wait. He took me to a different course closer to the shore. Well I now know why we had a slice of pizza. His first tee shot with me was a SLLLIIIICE high and right off the tee! I should have known that was coming.

Oh you little prankster... I've figured out your real game which was a total con job on me .. and yeah, you got me .. got me good ...

No, there's no pizza better than NY pizza (yeah yeah Chicago you're ok) so when we're at my fav 'za stop and you started saying how you're a student of Italian culture and history and started asking me questions about the difference between Botticelli and Bernoulli .. now I'm not much of an art historian, so couldn't tell you a whole lot about the first guy, but I did get into our discussion of the physical principles of spin and aerodynamics on the trajectory of airborne objects .. just like what happens to you ole @Yellow Ball ...

I should've picked up on your obfuscatory (<- see what I did there) play when you also threw in the question about Vermicelli - you said you thought he was also some sort of important medieval personage - and I mean c'mon who says they love Italian food and doesn't know what vermicelli is .. or how it's different from capellini .. also not an important medieval personage. Sheesh. Didn't see it. Silly me.

So looking back on that first tee shot in our game it now occurs to me that the ball .. that devious little yellow ball .. had an unnaturally high amount of sidespin on it... I mean so high that the forward trajectory seemed to stop mid-air while the ball took an impossibly hard, tight right turn! Hmmmmm........

Well.. I give you credit for being a quick learner! And kudos for applying the theoretical lesson in a real world situation!! An "A" grade for you 💯

OK well we're still bro's and next time you're around this way we'll set up another fun round! 👍
YellowBallAndCK.jpg.b4589a7347c291ce2d224ea54c3064ee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Yellow Ball is a master of deception. Not to mention, a master of finding my way home. In my early years I was molded into the Ball that I am in an Italian neighborhood and looked forward to celebrating the feast of St. Joseph every year. On a side note, I have some eggplant parmigiana and chicken parmigiana with homemade sauce in the oven right now. Now that we have part of my upbringing out of the way!

Ok I see your trying to be cute with the bunny look. Nice attempt, but you can't expect me not to come back at you....What kind of New Yorker that's a NY Yankee's fan in their right mind would publish a photo of themselves with the logo backwards.  Sacrilege...... try reversing the image on a selfie or find a friend to take your photo. Wait a minute the southern New Yorkers aren't that friendly. Try reversing the image!

Maybe we can get together again next season. Bethpage Black hint hint! I was there, but nobody would take me out on the course. For some reason they think I will bring them bad luck or something! Dam bunch of pansies. 

• Haha 9

I found some of your friends!
Screenshot 2021-10-18 22.26.38.jpg

• Haha 9

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: