TESTERS WANTED! ×

LEFT DOT!!

Shankster

I play the Titleist Pro V1x because once, some time ago, I got a dozen as a gift and played well with them.

That's as technical as I usually get.

Launch monitors--and I do NOT deny their usefulness--nonetheless give me a rash.

But Titleist is now making what--I believe four versions of the Pro V1?  More?

Short of taking all of them to the aforementioned and dreaded launch monitor, is there some way of ascertaining, or at least guessing,

which one might actually be best for my game?   

What I know about what I'm playing now is that it never once enters my mind while playing it.  

Maybe best to just stick with it, then, but all of the new left and right dots and dashes make me wonder if it's all actually legit.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

1 minute ago, BostonSal said:

I play the Titleist Pro V1x because once, some time ago, I got a dozen as a gift and played well with them.

Launch monitors--and I do NOT deny their usefulness--nonetheless give me a rash.

Short of taking all of them to the aforementioned and dreaded launch monitor, is there some way of ascertaining, or at least guessing,

What I know about what I'm playing now is that it never once enters my mind while playing it.  

Maybe best to just stick with it, then, but all of the new left and right dots and dashes make me wonder if it's all actually legit.

launch monitors are not gospel and it captures data at the point of impact and thats it.....all the rest is computated garbage....

i go tyo PGA SS and hit the monitor and it says i drive it 305-320 with roll......yea ok.....i get to the course and i hit it 270-275...280 with a generous roll or perfect strike....

generally most balls end up going the same distance, within a few yards, so its the stuff around the green that comes into play for most people. 

for me, i have to like it off the tee before i do anything else with the ball....so trajectory and feel mean the most with distance 3rd.....if i get the trajectory and distance i like, feel moves down the want list....

if the driver or tee shot is good for me, i know the irons will follow suit....

then i need a ball that can work from 50 yards and in.....if i can stop a ball with minimal spin, i have a winner....most balls claim 1000's of RPMs off the wedge but with such short shots, the ball only spins a few times in a 3 second shot.... so if i can stop it reasonably how i like, then it goes in the bag.....putting is all feel for the most part but if i get everything else i need, then once again putter feel becomes secondary....results are everything.....its taken me forever to get past the "feel" mental block and when i hit the Left Dash off the tee, i love it.....a few months ago i hated it but the results i got off the tee were tremendous....

you just have to play a ball to really lock it in but im right there with you....launch monitors are for the guys who like to analyze data for themselves...im more about playability and results not launch angle.....i could care less if the ball launches at 16 degrees vs 12.....if the ball goes 280, im good....i dont need it to go 284...

Golf is cool

5 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

They have 5 versions of the prov ball 2 of which are recently released tour only balls and the left for being only a limited release which was even more limited than the left dash. There’s still one other tour only ball that I recall. The avx is another tour level ball but first carry the prov name.

As to your question the best way is to take them to the course and compare them side by side starting on the green, then some chips and pitches. Then some full swings with a short/mid iron then some longer clubs and finally off the tee. Note how they perform, sound, feel. Then based on your testing find that one that performs best overall. Some will perform better in certain areas than others. As to what ones to test if you wanted to narrow down to a few is to use the data from the Mgs ball study and see what ones fit into your game

Another option would be to find a titleist ball fitting and have them use the data from your swing.

A third option is to do a virtual ball fitting with Titleist.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

aunch monitors are not gospel and it captures data at the point of impact and thats it.....all the rest is computated garbage....

i go tyo PGA SS and hit the monitor and it says i drive it 305-320 with roll......yea ok.....i get to the course and i hit it 270-275...280 with a generous roll or perfect strike....

generally most balls end up going the same distance, within a few yards, so its the stuff around the green that comes into play for most people. 

Claiming monitors are garbage based on possible juiced monitors in a place that sells clubs is a bit of a reach. Especially when you post about wanting to see what 500 rpm of spin on a short s*** doesnt and the only way to see that difference is with a monitor. 

And not all balls will be within a few yards for each other. I have tried most your level balls on the course side by side and I lose upwards of 1-1.5 clubs of distance between some of them off the the tee and with irons.  

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They have 5 versions of the prov ball 2 of which are recently released tour only balls and the left for being only a limited release which was even more limited than the left dash. There’s still one other tour only ball that I recall. The avx is another tour level ball but first carry the prov name.

As to your question the best way is to take them to the course and compare them side by side starting on the green, then some chips and pitches. Then some full swings with a short/mid iron then some longer clubs and finally off the tee. Note how they perform, sound, feel. Then based on your testing find that one that performs best overall. Some will perform better in certain areas than others. As to what ones to test if you wanted to narrow down to a few is to use the data from the Mgs ball study and see what ones fit into your game

Another option would be to find a titleist ball fitting and have them use the data from your swing.

A third option is to do a virtual ball fitting with Titleist.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Claiming monitors are garbage based on possible juiced monitors in a place that sells clubs is a bit of a reach. Especially when you post about wanting to see what 500 rpm of spin on a short s*** doesnt and the only way to see that difference is with a monitor. 

And not all balls will be within a few yards for each other. I have tried most your level balls on the course side by side and I lose upwards of 1-1.5 clubs of distance between some of them off the the tee and with irons.  

that wasnt the quote.....i said they are NOT GOSPEL.....and all the data once the ball leaves the face is computated to give a full picture of distance and dispersion....but on course play can be much different.

I probably should have stated most TOUR LEVEL balls are within a few yards of each other....if 5 yards is a half club, that makes sense but that is still within a few yards.....I think the ball test pretty much proves most balls fly within a few yards of each other

medium driver swing.....chromes soft X LS ....253 yards.......prov1 which is waaaaaaay down the list.....246......thats the point i was going for.  20 feet more distance....no big deal

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

I have no complaints with the garden variety Pro V1x so there's probably no need to go experimenting.

My game is my game, and it's mostly based on past experience and which past tactical decisions resulted in rounds that were the most fun.

Our club has three wide open holes where I can spray long drives foul pole to foul pole  pretty much with impunity.

Those are the three holes where Big Dog gets to leave the bag and eat.  Other that that, I'm happy to slap driving iron shots safely into play.  

I know guys who'd rather give up the game than play like that.  That's cool too.  There are lots of ways to play and enjoy the game.  

But obviously, maximum length off the driver wouldn't be priority one. 

More important is confidence in clubbing myself from the fairway and on par 3s.  I want every ball to be exactly the same, which NEVER seemed to happen with wound balls, either surlyn or balata in the pre urethane era.

Also, I'm as bold hitting at greens as I am conservative hitting at landing areas.  Thus I short side myself more than enough times to keep things interesting.

I like to play my lob wedge shots in the air, the air being easier to read than the contours of the ground.  I want my ball to come down and stay there like an egg landing and breaking on concrete.  That isn't always going to happen as planned, trust me, but it happens just often enough for me to enjoy playing.

With these things being my priority, I'm fine with Pro V1x performance.  No need to experiment, but I was curious as to what the new variants are supposed to do.

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

that wasnt the quote.....i said they are NOT GOSPEL.....and all the data once the ball leaves the face is computated to give a full picture of distance and dispersion....but on course play can be much different.

I probably should have stated most TOUR LEVEL balls are within a few yards of each other....if 5 yards is a half club, that makes sense but that is still within a few yards.....I think the ball test pretty much proves most balls fly within a few yards of each other

medium driver swing.....chromes soft X LS ....253 yards.......prov1 which is waaaaaaay down the list.....246......thats the point i was going for.  20 feet more distance....no big deal

The algorithms are far from garbage and give a pretty good indication of what a ball will do when it lands and the gc quad is more accurate than the trackman. There’s been enough discussion on this by txg and others. 

57 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

I have no complaints with the garden variety Pro V1x so there's probably no need to go experimenting.

My game is my game, and it's mostly based on past experience and which past tactical decisions resulted in rounds that were the most fun.

Our club has three wide open holes where I can spray long drives foul pole to foul pole  pretty much with impunity.

Those are the three holes where Big Dog gets to leave the bag and eat.  Other that that, I'm happy to slap driving iron shots safely into play.  

I know guys who'd rather give up the game than play like that.  That's cool too.  There are lots of ways to play and enjoy the game.  

More important is confidence in clubbing myself from the fairway and on par 3s.  I want every ball to be exactly the same, which NEVER seemed to happen with wound balls, either surlyn or balata in the pre urethane era.

Also, I'm as bold hitting at greens as I am conservative hitting at landing areas.  Thus I short side myself more than enough times to keep things interesting.

I like to play my lob wedge shots in the air, the air being easier to read than the contours of the ground.  I want my ball to come down and stay there like an egg landing and breaking on concrete.  That isn't always going to happen as planned, trust me, but it happens just often enough for me to enjoy playing.

With these things being my priority, I'm fine with Pro V1x performance.  No need to experiment, but I was curious as to what the new variants are supposed to do.

In comparison to the prov1x

The left dash is going to fly in the same window as the prov1x but have less spin

The new Prov1 has similar spin to the prov1x but will fly lower.

The left dot is going to spin less and fly lower than the prov1 and fits in between the Prov1 and the AVX.

The AVX is going to be the lowest spinning and lowest fly ball. 

On 9/1/2021 at 10:10 PM, rbsiedsc said:

I’ve tried left dash. Great distance. Couldn’t hold a green worth anything. YMMV. 

I've found that especially with LD, its completely dependent on the golfer, usually guys who naturally put a ton of spin on the ball love it and those who don't spin it a lot off the irons to start would be better off elsewhere (like me). Loved the distance too.  However even though I'm not a feel guy and could switch if I really wanted to, it was impossible to ignore the difference at impact.

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

In comparison to the prov1x

The left dash is going to fly in the same window as the prov1x but have less spin

The new Prov1 has similar spin to the prov1x but will fly lower.

The left dot is going to spin less and fly lower than the prov1 and fits in between the Prov1 and the AVX.

The AVX is going to be the lowest spinning and lowest fly ball. 

It looks like the regular Pro V1x  is the most high flying and spinny.  

I'm playing the right ball after all.

I play as little bump and run as possible.

I play lots of driving iron where ugly line drives can use a little elevation.

Thanks.

Edited by BostonSal

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

1 hour ago, BostonSal said:

If you look at the ROBOT data (keep in mind this is about ball data, not your swing....) you will see with a medium speed driver swing, all the Titleist balls travelled within 12 feet of each other off the tee.  Spin rates were under 200 RPM's difference which is nothing and the Prov1 actually flew lower than the AVX at oeak height and had a lower angle of descent. 

These balls are designed to do one thing but all depending on your swing, it could do something completely different.

you see the data from the robot swing and all the balls are almost identicle off the tee...off the 8 iron, you see somoe spin creep in with three balls while the avx remains lower....but distance and every other metric are the same....even on the 55 yard wedge the spin rates are not that extreme that the balls acted completely different.....its all about YOU

according to all the robot data with these monitors, i fit into the V1x.....when i actually played it.....it was the worst ball for me......you have to play them to really see what fits your game.....a few swings on the range wont do it for you but its a start and its better than hitting inside off a mat

Golf is cool

Dammit! I missed out on these!! 🤬

AVX is too low, left dash is like concrete I really wanted to give these a try

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

23 minutes ago, TBT said:

Unfortunately these were all gobbled up. I love MGS, but I’m sure the log post and the other golf outlets posting about it made a bunch of people buy them that aren’t going to use them for one, or lose them in a round.  Secondly, they probably won’t fit a lot of them well…. 

Flippers will be having a heyday with them.

Likely won’t be able to play till Thursday.  But I hit one our in the yard.  Against a Chrome Soft, and a ZStar… I can’t stand those two balls at all now. 

Titleist for life.  Either this ball, the AVX or the Reg V1.  They just feel 100% better off the club face.  Just beautiful.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, TBT said:

DM me your mailing address. I just received my 2 dozen left dot and 2 dozen left dash. I'll send you a sleeve of left dot if you want to try them out. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I tee off at 2 on, and I just got the notification left dot was delivered at my house. I’ll put a sleeve into play for my round tomorrow. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

20210905_142641.jpg.41bfa27450531d50f5a81e33aefff07f.jpg

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Playing in a flag tourney at my club tomorrow.  The .Left Dot will be on the tee.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

21 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Playing in a flag tourney at my club tomorrow.  The .Left Dot will be on the tee.

Lightning in the area canceled the event... .LD will have to wait one more day.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

My 2 doz arrived over the weekend! Not sure when I’ll be able to get out next to get em in play.BB6D57DD-F7D6-4B9A-9CE0-92A0A5B2B6F6.jpeg.1fde8e0b766afbcc4e9fe55105b8f242.jpeg

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

I played Sunday with these balls and I have to say I was impressed especially into the wind. I usually play a Pro V1 so I wanted to give these a try. Now I wish I would have gotten more. They fly lower and definitely spin less with the driver. I didn’t notice any less spin with the wedges but they were lower and I ended up with more distance. They were great around the green just like my Pro V1s. Titleist hit a home run with these balls if you are looking for lower flight and less spin off the tee. They also feel great. I will definitely buy more of these when they come back out. 

I had one drive with the wind that went 334. It was only a 12 mph wind. Amazing!

I got mine yesterday (along with a dozen ProV1x Left Dash) — yes, they were delivered on Sunday.  Two sleeves of the Left Dot balls are in my golf bag and will be played in my matchplay match tomorrow.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

12 hours ago, Doug21 said:

I played Sunday with these balls and I have to say I was impressed especially into the wind. I usually play a Pro V1 so I wanted to give these a try. Now I wish I would have gotten more. They fly lower and definitely spin less with the driver. I didn’t notice any less spin with the wedges but they were lower and I ended up with more distance. They were great around the green just like my Pro V1s. Titleist hit a home run with these balls if you are looking for lower flight and less spin off the tee. They also feel great. I will definitely buy more of these when they come back out. 

I had one drive with the wind that went 334. It was only a 12 mph wind. Amazing!

Just got mine yesterday, can't wait to try them out. I like most of Titleist's balls a lot but I hadn't found one that checks all the boxes for me, everything about their description fits my game. From their release I would be floored if it didn't became part of their permanent line

Just received my 2 dozen the other day!  Haven't had the chance to put them in play yet.  But .... 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 9/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

DM me your mailing address. I just received my 2 dozen left dot and 2 dozen left dash. I'll send you a sleeve of left dot if you want to try them out. 

That’s very gracious of you thanks!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Played 18 with the Left Dot side by side with the Snell MTB-Black on the front nine and TaylorMade Tour Response on the back 9.  I hit various shots with each ball... Drives, Irons into greens, chips and pitches (when I missed the greens) and putts.  

All results are qualified by my ability (or inability) to make the same exact swing twice.

Off the tee, I did find the Left Dot to give better distance when well struck (10-15 yards better than the Black and 5-10 yards better than TMTR).  However, I will also say that on swings that weren't perfectly square, the left dot did seem to have more side spin and on the fade, appeared to lose the distance advantage.  One particular par 5, I hit the Left Dot and the TMTR with what I would consider equal swings.  Both balls started on the same line, and with similar initial trajectory, however as the TMTR just fell to the right, the Left Dot seemed to curve to the right much more, and stopped closer to the landing spot (less roll out).  I was about 10 yards short of the TMTR on this drive, and in the right rough opposed to the fairway.  Not scientific... just my observations.  On a different hole, I hit the Left Dot dead square, straight and boring ball flight, caught the downslope and rolled out to a 96 yard approach on a 370 yard hole (for my swing that is a BIG drive).  The Snell Black with a similar swing and line... a higher ball flight that appeared to land softer, and didn't quite make the downslope in the fairway... I was left with 135 (which is more consistent with my average drive on this hole).  While the total distance was about 40 yards difference, I estimate that another 10-15 yards would have given me the downslope roll out and been equal to the ending spot for the Left Dot.  My course has several holes where an extra 10-20 yards off the tee will give you additional 20-30 yards based on the contour of the fairway/rough - and the difference between hitting a 4 iron into a green to a 8 or 9 iron.  Not saying I'm looking for the answer to this personal problem with a ball only... I realize my swing is the issue, but if a ball will give me a little advantage...I'll take it.  

Which brings me to approaches.  As to be expected with any Pro V... the ball bites into the green.  We did have a bit of a rainstorm yesterday so the greens were a little softer than normal, but when I hit the green with the left dot with full or knockdown irons, I was spinning the ball back, but not excessively.  The Snell Black on same shots stopped around the ball mark, the TMTR checked and rolled forward.  Distance wise, from what I could tell, the longest off the irons was the TMTR, then the Left Dot, then the Snell Black... just based ball marks comparing against the Left Dot... again, subject to my variances in ball striking.  Of the three... the TMTR was straightest... not necessarily the best thing... easier to shape the Left Dot and Snell Black.  As long you can expect a shot shape with a ball (straight or moving left/right) either can be an advantage. 

Chipping and Pitching... I rate the Left Dot best of all three.  It seemed to grab onto the club face of whatever wedge I was using (PW for running pitches, 52 for check and roll chips, and 56 for lofted soft shots at the hole).  I also had the opportunity to play several sand shots (better than saying I hit poor approaches that ended in the greenside bunker), and the Left Dot performed great out of the sand... granted, not as much clubface contact related, but I could spin the Left Dot out of the sand FWIW.  

Putting was the best separation in my opinion.  I loved the feel of the Left Dot.  My favorite of the three tested.  Solid reaction off the putter face, not too soft, not too firm... just roll.  I have confidence putting the Left Dot. 

Unfortunately, two poor swings resulted in losing two throughout the round to a watery resting place, so I am down to 10 after 18 holes.  But I am happy with the results last night, and will absolutely pick up another box when/if they are available again.   My next outing, I'll compare to the Titleist Velocity (for distance), and the TP5X and/or ChromeSoft.

Interested to hear others comments after putting this ball in play ( @Shankster 🙂 ).

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1