TESTERS WANTED! ×

LEFT DOT!!

Shankster

I Put the Left Dash into play sometime last year and have loved that ball! So whenever I saw the left dot come out, I immediately ordered two dozen just to compare. Yesterday I played 9 holes all the way through with both balls and here were my takeaways:

1. Left Dash was consistently 5 - 10 yards longer per shot on carry distance. 

2. Left Dot had a lovely mid trajectory that cut through the wind and even allowed me to hit a 320 drive into a 5-7 mph wind. 

3. Left Dot had consistently more greenside spin and stopping power on one hop, stop shots and lower flighted wedges (less than 5 yards of roll all day). 

4. Left Dot felt better on putts as it is much softer, but where I typically play the Left Dash it caused some putting inconsistencies. 

All in all, I feel that both balls work great for my game. The Left Dash is great whenever it is a warm day with little wind. The Left Dot would be better for a day like yesterday, high of 80 degrees, with more wind coming into play. Also, for me the course would play a huge factor in choosing my ball. If you need more carry distance, then definitely go with the left dash. 

:titelist-small: TSr3 8* w/ Ventus Black 6X

:titelist-small: TSr3 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

:ping-small: iCrossover 18* w/ Ventus Black 9X

:titelist-small: T100S 4 Iron - PW w/ Ventus Axiom 125X

:vokey-small: SM9 50 F-grind / 54 F-grind / 58 V-grind w/ True Temper Gold Onyx Tour S400

:scotty-cameron-1: Circle T Newport 35 Inch

:titelist-small: Pro V1

Vessel Player III DXR Stand Bag

I am worried mine are in purgatory. I have not received mine yet 😞 

EDIT: coming Friday

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

5 hours ago, WildcatGolf said:

I Put the Left Dash into play sometime last year and have loved that ball! So whenever I saw the left dot come out, I immediately ordered two dozen just to compare. Yesterday I played 9 holes all the way through with both balls and here were my takeaways:

1. Left Dash was consistently 5 - 10 yards longer per shot on carry distance. 

2. Left Dot had a lovely mid trajectory that cut through the wind and even allowed me to hit a 320 drive into a 5-7 mph wind. 

3. Left Dot had consistently more greenside spin and stopping power on one hop, stop shots and lower flighted wedges (less than 5 yards of roll all day). 

4. Left Dot felt better on putts as it is much softer, but where I typically play the Left Dash it caused some putting inconsistencies. 

All in all, I feel that both balls work great for my game. The Left Dash is great whenever it is a warm day with little wind. The Left Dot would be better for a day like yesterday, high of 80 degrees, with more wind coming into play. Also, for me the course would play a huge factor in choosing my ball. If you need more carry distance, then definitely go with the left dash. 

High five on the comparison. I haven't had a chance to take the left dot & dash out on the course but this is a great starting point. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Be curious to see lm data from anyone in this thread using left dot against the balls they normally play especially if it’s a Prov1 or avx. Although a left dash or Prov1x would be cool tool

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I won’t be playing for a while.  The left dot test is on hold.  Severe pain in my shoulder. Messed it up a few months ago when my giant Labrador Retriever jumped up on me and I braced his impact with my right arm.

Tried to hit some balls today at the range, but I’m doing more harm than good.  Can’t release the club without wanting to cry with excruciating pain… push faded and or shanked everything… really sucks because I was on track to meet my golf goals this year. 🥺

you might only ever get a 40 yard pitch and putter review of it from me.  

Looking to buy some land, and when I do. I’m going to have a pitch and putt course.  150 yards - 40 yards.  18 hole short course, links like, so you can putt if you want.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, Tiftaaft said:

Played 18 with the Left Dot side by side with the Snell MTB-Black on the front nine and TaylorMade Tour Response on the back 9.  I hit various shots with each ball... Drives, Irons into greens, chips and pitches (when I missed the greens) and putts.  

All results are qualified by my ability (or inability) to make the same exact swing twice.

Off the tee, I did find the Left Dot to give better distance when well struck (10-15 yards better than the Black and 5-10 yards better than TMTR).  However, I will also say that on swings that weren't perfectly square, the left dot did seem to have more side spin and on the fade, appeared to lose the distance advantage.  One particular par 5, I hit the Left Dot and the TMTR with what I would consider equal swings.  Both balls started on the same line, and with similar initial trajectory, however as the TMTR just fell to the right, the Left Dot seemed to curve to the right much more, and stopped closer to the landing spot (less roll out).  I was about 10 yards short of the TMTR on this drive, and in the right rough opposed to the fairway.  Not scientific... just my observations.  On a different hole, I hit the Left Dot dead square, straight and boring ball flight, caught the downslope and rolled out to a 96 yard approach on a 370 yard hole (for my swing that is a BIG drive).  The Snell Black with a similar swing and line... a higher ball flight that appeared to land softer, and didn't quite make the downslope in the fairway... I was left with 135 (which is more consistent with my average drive on this hole).  While the total distance was about 40 yards difference, I estimate that another 10-15 yards would have given me the downslope roll out and been equal to the ending spot for the Left Dot.  My course has several holes where an extra 10-20 yards off the tee will give you additional 20-30 yards based on the contour of the fairway/rough - and the difference between hitting a 4 iron into a green to a 8 or 9 iron.  Not saying I'm looking for the answer to this personal problem with a ball only... I realize my swing is the issue, but if a ball will give me a little advantage...I'll take it.  

Which brings me to approaches.  As to be expected with any Pro V... the ball bites into the green.  We did have a bit of a rainstorm yesterday so the greens were a little softer than normal, but when I hit the green with the left dot with full or knockdown irons, I was spinning the ball back, but not excessively.  The Snell Black on same shots stopped around the ball mark, the TMTR checked and rolled forward.  Distance wise, from what I could tell, the longest off the irons was the TMTR, then the Left Dot, then the Snell Black... just based ball marks comparing against the Left Dot... again, subject to my variances in ball striking.  Of the three... the TMTR was straightest... not necessarily the best thing... easier to shape the Left Dot and Snell Black.  As long you can expect a shot shape with a ball (straight or moving left/right) either can be an advantage. 

Chipping and Pitching... I rate the Left Dot best of all three.  It seemed to grab onto the club face of whatever wedge I was using (PW for running pitches, 52 for check and roll chips, and 56 for lofted soft shots at the hole).  I also had the opportunity to play several sand shots (better than saying I hit poor approaches that ended in the greenside bunker), and the Left Dot performed great out of the sand... granted, not as much clubface contact related, but I could spin the Left Dot out of the sand FWIW.  

Putting was the best separation in my opinion.  I loved the feel of the Left Dot.  My favorite of the three tested.  Solid reaction off the putter face, not too soft, not too firm... just roll.  I have confidence putting the Left Dot. 

Unfortunately, two poor swings resulted in losing two throughout the round to a watery resting place, so I am down to 10 after 18 holes.  But I am happy with the results last night, and will absolutely pick up another box when/if they are available again.   My next outing, I'll compare to the Titleist Velocity (for distance), and the TP5X and/or ChromeSoft.

Interested to hear others comments after putting this ball in play ( @Shankster 🙂 ).

I played the ProV1 Left Dot balls in my travel league (matchplay) yesterday and I was just about to post my own brief review, but your observations and commentary regarding this ball model are so spot-on that I’m not sure that I need to do that.  However, I would like to offer the following:

Prior to yesterday’s match, I did as I always do after hitting some warmup shots on the range - I went to the putting green, where chipping and pitching is permitted, and I hit side-by-side shots onto the green with both the ProV1 Left Dot and the ProV1x Left Dash balls. Although I have been a fan of “harder” higher-compression Urethane cover balls up to this point, I DID NOT like the feel off of my wedges with the Left Dash ball!  This ball is far too firm and “clicky” for me.  The Left Dot balls felt great off of the wedges and putter and I put them in play for my match.  I only hit one shot all day with a different brand and model golf ball (OnCore VeroX1), and that was when I found it necessary to hit a provisional ball when I pull-hooked a ProV1 Left Dot ball into the trees.  I found the first tee ball in the woods and played it, so the VeroX1 ball went back into my bag.

The Left Dot ball feels great off of all clubs, and its performance is excellent on all types of shots. I had a similar sensation to what you observed regarding sidespin, at least off the driver/fairway woods, seeming to get more right or left spin on shots that were hit even just a bit off-center or with a slightly open or closed clubface. I did not see any extreme sidespin on shots hit with my hybrid, irons and wedges, and I didn’t consider the sidespin that I got with the longer clubs too be extreme, with the exception of one tee ball that I hit with my driver.  However, I clearly hit that tee shot with an open clubface, and I probably came OTT on the shot, as well - the result was a lost ball where I shouldn’t have lost it, as there was no hazard to the right and it was fairly open where I hit the ball (I did find three other balls while searching for mine, but no sight of the ProV1 Left Dot).

With my irons and wedges, I was getting 5 to 10 yards more distance on full shots throughout the set (5i through AW), and I got even more unexpected additional distance with my #4 hybrid when hitting the Left Dot ball. My accuracy with the irons was remarkably good with the irons on my approach shots once I got used to this added distance. By the time I got to the back nine, I was sticking every approach shot close and I left myself lots of great birdie opportunities (I only made one of these birdies, a 12-footer on a par 3 where I hit my tee shot pin-high and just slightly right of the hole). I beat my opponent (a very good golfer with a great matchplay record) on 6 of the 9 holes on the back nine, and halved the other three holes, with no higher score than bogeys on a just four of the nine holes. Overall, I shot +3 on the back nine, and the Left Dot ball was a big contributor to this score.  BTW, trajectory off the irons and wedges was just slightly lower than I get with Snell MTB-X, Maxfli TourX CG and OnCore Vero X1 balls, but not dramatically so.  I am a notoriously high trajectory golfer and I still hit my mid/short irons and wedges plenty high with the Left Dot ball.

Because the greens were still healing from recent aeration, they were both slow and bumpy yesterday, and this course usually has slick and fast greens.  For this reason, it was difficult to gauge the Left Dot ball’s putting performance based on this single round. However, the Left Dot felt great off the putter face, and my missed putts generally finished pretty close to the hole for easy tap-ins.

I’m going on a 9-day trip in a couple of days and will be playing three rounds of golf during the trip.  Needless to say, the ProV1 Left Dot balls are going on the trip with me.

Edited by funkyjudge
Typo

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Been looking on ebay just out of curiosity, left dot dozen going for $150-$200???  Only if bidders/buyers knew they are coming to market in February 2022.  Yes I bought a dozen on day of release, not selling them, using them.  These people are nuts paying 3-4× retail, news flash... IT'S JUST A GOLF BALL!  But I guess if you want them, and have more money than brains, can't blame the sellers.

SRIXON ZX5 LS Mkll  HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0  

SRIXON Z F85 13.5° 3W & SRIXON Z F85 

PING G425 3 hybrid 

TAKOMO 101 4-pw (custom- Steelfiber 95s 4i-6i, 110s 7i-pw   BB&F ferrules)

PING Glide 2.0 50° & Cleveland RTX 4.0 Tour Raw 56°

EVNROLL ER5 HATCHBACK

SRIXON Z STAR Diamond & MaxFli TourX

NEVR LOOZ Pro Clip cart bag 

7 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I am worried mine are in purgatory. I have not received mine yet 😞 

EDIT: coming Friday

Mine are stuck in MD! won't be here until Monday!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

25 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Mine are stuck in MD! won't be here until Monday!

Mine are in WA according to fedex

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Is the Taylormade Tour Response a poor man’s Left Dot?

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

4 minutes ago, Grit Golf said:

Is the Taylormade Tour Response a poor man’s Left Dot?

Don’t skimp on the performance of a ball… find another area to cut some from.  

Just an example:

Water: Free

Gatorade: $2-4… need one per 9, there is the extra $4-8 for the better ball.

Fill in the blank for other types of beverages, or on course snacks you may bring.  

I was able to play a round on Labor Day with my new left dot. I shot great on the day (77) and am basing my opinions on comparisons with Tour B X (which I gamed the last year+), the new 2021 Z-Star (ball test standout for me, and have been gaming the last 2-3 weeks), and ProV1s I have played here and there the last couple seasons.

Driving - I will say it wasn't my best driving day, but also didn't hit any balls in serious trouble. I think the left dot flies similar to the BX off the tee as far as ball flight/trajectory. What I did notice was the lower ball flight of the left dot compared to the Z-Star and ProVs. For me the new Srixons and BX were already a little longer off the tee than ProVs and I think the Left Dot is similar to the others for distance. This is probably due to a little lower spin/side-spin but it was hard to make that conclusion after one round when I wasn't making the most consistent swings. My home course is typically windy (and was for the round I played), and the lower ball flight seemed to benefit me when dealing with headwind and crosswinds, so that might be the deciding factor to make these my gamers.

Irons - I loved this ball off the irons. The lower piercing ball flight with a feel a little closer to the Z-Star (not super firm like the BX) seemed to hit a sweet spot for me. I play a fair amount of 2-iron and 4-iron on my course off the tee as it demands some accurate shots, and this ball was a rocket that held its line in the wind on these iron tee shots. For the rest of my mid iron approaches I got the distance I was expecting and didn't seem to notice any unexpected rollout. It probably didn't have quite the same amount of check as the Z-Star/ProV but nothing that bothered me. Our greens are typically rolling quick and had really dried out and were very firm. So the fact that I didn't have any issues holding greens was enough for me. Left dot does seem to spin/check more than BX as well.

Wedges - This was similar to the irons, in that it had plenty of spin for the shots I was trying to hit considering the conditions. I was able to take some spin off and get the ball to stop, and on the one shot I tried to pull it back I was able to hit a slope behind the pin and spin it back about 10-12 feet. Also like the irons it seemed to have a great feel, just a bit firmer than Z-stars and not super firm like the BX, which I found I really liked. Not a rock and not a marshmallow.

Short Game - I hit several chips close for up and downs with plenty of control with the firmness I was playing on. The putting with the left dot for me was lights out, and probably the biggest standout. I birdied 4 holes, including 3 of the 4 toughest holes on my course. I'm sure I was having a good day rolling it to do this too, but seemed to be the perfect feel to get speed right on the greens. Pair that with a pretty good day hitting lines, and it inspires confidence for sure. I'm hoping this will be a trend I see as I play more rounds with it.

So, all in all I'll need to play a few more rounds with them to see if I am going to decide on them or the Z-star to be my gamer going forward. But as I see it right now I'm not losing anything to another ball anywhere after one round and seemed to favor the left dot's trajectory on full shots and the feel chipping and putting. I'll update after more rounds to see if one or the other stand out for me, but this is the first tileist ball that seems to fit me. Lower launch, lower spin with the driver/long clubs while having plenty to work with for spin and feel inside 100 yards and around the green. I also still have my whole dozen left after that first round and the cover seemed to hold up really well.

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

8 hours ago, jroot327 said:

I also still have my whole dozen left after that first round and the cover seemed to hold up really well.

still kicking myself for rinsing two the other night!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

14 hours ago, Mikedb26 said:

Been looking on ebay just out of curiosity, left dot dozen going for $150-$200???  Only if bidders/buyers knew they are coming to market in February 2022.  Yes I bought a dozen on day of release, not selling them, using them.  These people are nuts paying 3-4× retail, news flash... IT'S JUST A GOLF BALL!  But I guess if you want them, and have more money than brains, can't blame the sellers.

I thought this was an exaggeration but holy smokes...a sleeve is currently at $53 and a dozen are hovering at $199. Hmmm...play the left dot or sell it and buy 4 dozen left dash...hmmm. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I played the left dot yesterday......good ball.....not a game changer but definitely a ball id play every day....justa touch firmer than the 2021 prov1 and i averaged between 3-5 yards more off the driver and 6-8i......around the green it was pretty much the same as the current prov1......very nice ball, but nothing dramatically different than the current prov1

Golf is cool

48 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I played the left dot yesterday......good ball.....not a game changer but definitely a ball id play every day....justa touch firmer than the 2021 prov1 and i averaged between 3-5 yards more off the driver and 6-8i......around the green it was pretty much the same as the current prov1......very nice ball, but nothing dramatically different than the current prov1

So now that you had that itch scratched and it didn’t create the unicorn ball you’ve been looking for what’s your gamer going to be?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So now that you had that itch scratched and it didn’t create the unicorn ball you’ve been looking for what’s your gamer going to be?

I have one more test to run this weekend with the BXS......

right now the leaders in the clubhouse are

1. Chromesoft X / Prov1 / Left dot - I can play either one of these balls and be happy with the all around performance. I think the left dot squeaks out the overall win, but just by a fraction. the CS X is underrated and im shocked sales of this ball are not better.
2. Chromesoft / TP5X - The TP5x is the better all around ball, especially around the greens but not by a huge margin at all. CS off the tee is suprisingly long and forgiving. the CS just flies straight. 2nd longest ball this summer next to the left dash
3. TP5 / left dash - TP5 is ok, not great and the left dash would be higher on my list if not for the roll out i get with longer irons. left dash was the longest ball i hit this summer by a big margin. 12-15 yards on average. for me that ball just flies off the driver.
4. Prov1x - not for me,......its a balloon ball. disappointed in the 2021 version

Will try the BXS this weekend on a links course so we'll see how it goes.....

the unicorn ball is not out there for me.....but the top 3 balls i would want to play are really good for me

Golf is cool

23 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I have one more test to run this weekend with the BXS......

right now the leaders in the clubhouse are

1. Chromesoft X / Prov1 / Left dot - I can play either one of these balls and be happy with the all around performance. I think the left dot squeaks out the overall win, but just by a fraction. the CS X is underrated and im shocked sales of this ball are not better.
2. Chromesoft / TP5X - The TP5x is the better all around ball, especially around the greens but not by a huge margin at all. CS off the tee is suprisingly long and forgiving. the CS just flies straight. 2nd longest ball this summer next to the left dash
3. TP5 / left dash - TP5 is ok, not great and the left dash would be higher on my list if not for the roll out i get with longer irons. left dash was the longest ball i hit this summer by a big margin. 12-15 yards on average. for me that ball just flies off the driver.
4. Prov1x - not for me,......its a balloon ball. disappointed in the 2021 version

Will try the BXS this weekend on a links course so we'll see how it goes.....

the unicorn ball is not out there for me.....but the top 3 balls i would want to play are really good for me

Is your test the bxs against the balls you listed in each of the three items?

15 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Is your test the bxs against the balls you listed in each of the three items?

yes...i am playing 36 holes on Sunday and using the BXS tee to green for all 36 holes.....i used all the other balls in the same way.....its a pure "plaayability" test for me.....the only factor that will not be similar is the links course ill be playing.... wind may be a bigger factor so im nervous as the previous generation BXS was a balloon ball for me....but i understand they took off a lot of spin off the driver and long irons from this ball....we'll see

Golf is cool

On 9/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, Mikedb26 said:

I ended up selling one of my two boxes, it made a lot more sense when I realized that the buyer was a current professional athlete.

Flipping happens in every hobby. I have a friend who is into knives and they get flipped for high profit margins. As long as the market is there the flipping happens and the price is determined by the market. I don’t care or fault people for wanting to make money in any legal capacity nor do I care if someone wants to spend 4x the price of 12 balls to buy 3. 

Flipping doesn’t impact my life and I lose no sleep over it. I’ve missed out on a few times from Scotty Cameron releases and in some cases paid the secondary market value and others I didn’t. I’ve also flipped some of the Scotty stuff to fund other Scotty purchases. JMO

Also IMO people invest too much effort and thought into things that have zero impact on their lives

Ya if people are willing to pay why not. I am almost tempted since I could maybe flip one box on the bay and get enough for 3 dozen avx and 4 dozen 21 prov1 on lostgolfballs 

My Reviews:

If the Pro V1 variants perform as they're designed and purported to perform, based on the reading* that I've done,

then the garden variety Pro V1x ball is still the one that I'm supposed to be playing anyway.

Highest trajectory. Most spin.  Perfect old man Boston Sal  ball except for the price, but with so few self indulgences in other areas,  I'll live with that..

* I'm old.  I read rather than test.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

I have a box of left dots for sale.....$1000.....

and only the balls in the sleeve windows are left dot, right?  haha  🤣

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1