TESTERS WANTED! ×

LEFT DOT!!

Shankster

I play Left Dash ProV1x and was intrigued by the stated difference in performance of the Left Dot ProV1, so I got the 2 dozen I was allowed. Should be interesting!

:titelist-small: 917D3 10.5deg PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 917F2 15deg  PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 818H1 22deg Mitsubishi Tensei X 105gram shaft

:titelist-small: 714 AP2 4-W KBS Tour-V X 130 gram shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 56-14 SM5 F-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 60-11 SM5 K-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Scotty Cameron Putters Circa 62 No-2 Putter

:titelist-small: PROV1x

See the source image

Gifted my dad the last three sleeves of Left Dots I had as an early birthday present. He was hesitant to play them as he didn’t want to lose them. He is a 7 handicap and has played exclusively ProV1s for years. He ended up shooting a 75 with 3 birdies today his first time out and didn’t lose one haha. He was impressed but also said he didn’t notice a ton of difference between the balls. To be fair, he is a very consistent, finesse player and I believe that he wouldn’t vary more than a stroke or two between high quality balls regardless of attributes.

5B93C9CC-6946-4529-8E3A-A7E4FAB1BAB3.jpeg

Finally was healthy enough to get out and play 18 holes, after a two week layoff, with the ProV1 Left Dot. I usually play the 2019 ProV1x.

I didn't score well but I must admit this ball handled very well when hitting out of the rough. We've had a lot of rain and the greens are receptive but I was surprised at how well the ball checked up on approach shots out of the rough with my wedges. I also hit a couple of shots thin and when it caught the green it checked and didn't roll over the green as much as I thought it would.  Even on a downhill chip shot the ball checked up nicely at pin high.

On one approach shot the wind picked up and my approach shot actually stayed straight. Soft feel off the putter. My drives weren't the best but it played almost as far as my ProV1x's.

All in all it was a decent ball. Looking forward to playing again soon and I hope I play better.

I have been a Titleist fan boy since the 60's.

STZ220 Driver w/Ventus TR Blue 5R, Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW,  T7 Mizuno SW - 56 and LW - 60, Srixon F85 3W, 5W Titleist 904 CLK -3 Hybrid 21*. Putter Evnroll ER2 Black.

Prov1x & *Prov1, ProV1.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Tsecor said:

yes...i am playing 36 holes on Sunday and using the BXS tee to green for all 36 holes.....i used all the other balls in the same way.....its a pure "plaayability" test for me.....the only factor that will not be similar is the links course ill be playing.... wind may be a bigger factor so im nervous as the previous generation BXS was a balloon ball for me....but i understand they took off a lot of spin off the driver and long irons from this ball....we'll see

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot and bxs for 18 holes each.....i wanted to test the left dot again and do a direct comparison to the BXS. I will say i had a very good "swing weekend" where i felt fluid and loose....i made very good contact on most shots and i am glad because when i am not swinging well, its hard to tell if a ball is good or bad for you.

2021 BXS - the previous version did not work for me at all....waaaaay too much spin and it was a balloon ball.  The 2021 version is very different off the driver as its very obvious they engineered the spin rates to be lower.  The feel of this ball is very nice....I hit it well, but my dispersion off the driver was worse than i hoped for. I usually play a baby draw off the driver and if i missed this just slightly, it flew 20 yards off center and with the roll out, it made it even worse. Its not a super long ball for me either. I usually can get 260-275 out of my driver and this was about where i was with this ball....my yardages average 265 for the mnost part according to the range finder.  Mid iron shots were fine, very comparable to many other balls out there. Nothing too spectacular or nothing bad. Its a very consistent ball off the irons. on 7 or 8 iron shots into the green, it performed fine. i was hitting it wekk and the trajectory was not my ideal, but it wasnt bad. I just felt i had to give it a little extra oompff to get it to the hole.  Around the green (30 yards and in), it performed very well. I really lioke this ball in the short game. It checks up nicely and i felt comfortable getting up and down with the BXS.  my conslusion is, i could play this ball and be fine with it, but it wouldnt make my top 3 balls for the year. It reminds me of the new TP5x. its a solid ball, just not spectacular for me or anything different. It does its job and has a few hilights, but overall its a bit "boring"  if that makes any sense. The feel is great but visually, i have issues.....I really do not like the logo or the dual dimple design. Looking down at the ball, it bothers me slightly.....i know thats insane and i have to get over that but hard clicky balls really bothers me too, and i was able to get past that this summer. out of a scale of 1-10 id give this ball 7.5 or an 8. 

Left dot -  The first time i played this ball, i was unimpressed because i expected it to be the unicorn ball......after using it for a ful 18 holes, i have to say the ball is different that the 1st time i played it.  I know all the talk is to put it in between the AVX and the Prov1 but i have to be honest, i think that is a horrible slotting. TO ME, this ball belongs in between the V1x and left dash or possibly in between the V1 and v1x. This ball from a feel perspective feels more like its in between the v1x and left dash. It feel firmer than the v1x but feels closer to the v1x than the left dash. The balls trajectory is much lower than the left dash but really explodes off the driver. I have to be honest. The left dash is a beast off the driver and the left dot turned out to be better and longer.....i dont know what is in the ball but i hit 4 drives at 300 yards or slightly better. I NEVER hit 300 yards. I had one with the left dash a few weeks back but the left dot rewarded me with multiple drives at 295-305. When you flush this ball off the tee, its trajecctory and peak height is literally perfect. FOR ME, its the perfect flight.....this ball is the unicorn ball off the tee as far as feel, trajectory and distance. As i said earlier, i was swinging really good this weekend so that contributes, but even the guys i was playing with made comments. They had no idea i was testing out a new ball. I heard comments like "what the hell did you eat today?" and "Dude, thats over 300".  This is the best all around ball i have ever hit off the driver. Explosive is the term i will use.  even if i did not flush this in the middle of the face, it was very forgiving for me. Where the BXS would really spin "out of control" for me, the left dot seemed to fly 50% less off center.....on similar strikes i was aligned closer to the center of the fairway than the bxs....sometimes by 30 feet.  The iron play was a little different than the driver experience. This is where the ball comes back to reality a bit more. Its still long and still hits the trajectory window, but for me, the ball does not hold the greens as well as i had hoped. One example of this was a 6 iron shot from 178. I hit it really good and was right at the pin which was tucked in the back left corner. The shot looked beautiful off the club, flew in the window i really like. I saw the ball hit and from that distance it looked like a great result. I approached the green, saw the ball mark which was ~ 18 feet from the hole and the ball ended up rolling past the pin and off the back side of the green. I was only 10 feet from the hole and got up and down for par but the dstance from initial green contact to resting spot was almost 30 feet. That shocked me.

The very next hole was a par 3, ~150 yards. I hit an 8 iron and lifted it very high as the pin was tucked in front right corner.  It landed 15 feet from the hole and stopped because the angle of descent was very high. I feel you need to hit it higher on approach shots to limit the roll out. For me, i had multiple shots into the green with 6-8 irons that resulted in longer roll outs than other balls.  not that its bad, but i had to adjust my shots a little bit to account for this.  from 30 yards and in, the ball did not perform like a prov1...it performed more like the left dash. Its not bad, but in direct comparison to a prov1 or the BXS, the left dot is not as comfortable for me in getting up and down if needed.  If i were to play this ball full time, i would need to make some adjustments in the short game....the amount of distance i get off the tee, it may be worth it. 

Anyway, putting with the left dot was great. Its a nice firm feel, but not clicky feel off a GSS Mills putter.  you get what you put into it. I liked it.

In conclusion, I feel the left dot is a really good ball and for the last few weeks of fall golf, i have to decide if this is my ball moving forward.....the distance off the tee is almost intoxicating for me, like the left dash.....its a much better all around ball then the left dash but does have some issues with roll out for me...i would say the left dot is a nicer all around version of the left dash. To me, its nothing close to the avx and i feel the slotting near the AVX is misleading because to me the AVX fee is 100% different, the trajectories are much different and the left dot flies much further than AVX.  

For me, the top 2 balls of 2021 are the Chromesoft X and the Left dot....... 

the CSX is the better all around ball, especially sticking the greens with 7-pw, but its shorter off the tee by 10-15 yards when both are hit in similar ways. So its a question of length vs control.   

Can i adjust to the left dot's characteristics around the green or do i take less distance off the tee and use a better all around ball from 180 yards and in?    

Sorry for the long drawn out post. I think id be happy playing both balls with the regualr prov1 coming in 3rd.

CSX vs Left Dot......hmmmmmm.......

i guess ill have to play more golf to really lock it in 😉     sorry honey, scientific testing is needed through the fall. 

Golf is cool

22 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot and bxs for 18 holes each.

Great update Tsecor.  Thanks for the details on what your findings were.  As you made sure to point out... each golfer's results will vary, but your granular approach to testing between balls has nuggets any one of us can take away.  

You mentioned the dispersion was good with the left dot.  I have to admit, my initial test was anecdotal with only one round played, but did you experience any overly-curvy shots (especially off the driver).  It may very well have been my bad swing that would have caused a supersoft to slice way right... but one or two drives did surprise me in the left to right category. 

I would agree... it is a great ball for a wide variety of golfers.  Looking forward to it being widely available... it is probably going to be my ball.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, Tiftaaft said:

Great update Tsecor.  Thanks for the details on what your findings were.  As you made sure to point out... each golfer's results will vary, but your granular approach to testing between balls has nuggets any one of us can take away.  

You mentioned the dispersion was good with the left dot.  I have to admit, my initial test was anecdotal with only one round played, but did you experience any overly-curvy shots (especially off the driver).  It may very well have been my bad swing that would have caused a supersoft to slice way right... but one or two drives did surprise me in the left to right category. 

I would agree... it is a great ball for a wide variety of golfers.  Looking forward to it being widely available... it is probably going to be my ball.

I usually play a slight draw with the driver and this is exactly what i experienced with the left dot....it may have been just slightly less but TBH when i was watching the flight of my drives, i was amazed at the trajectory.....i really havent played a a ball with this flight pattern.....for me, it perfect...,,it seems (no data to confirm this) this ball peaks way down the fairway and keep climbing at small increments from initial contact.....no ballooning, just piercing through the atmosphere.  With the BXS, i experienced "overly curvy" shots on similar strikes......its like the side spin was more apparent in the BXS.....

Golf is cool

5 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

this ball peaks way down the fairway

Other than my two slices... I experienced this as well... Looking forward to getting out with it again.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot...

Very excited to try this ball out tomorrow, I have had some similar experiences with some balls as you have. It is good to know about the iron roll out you experienced as that is a key element of selecting a ball but if it absolutely excels off the tee and has even a touch more iron spin than Left Dash, I can certainly make that work!

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

Can i adjust to the left dot's characteristics around the green or do i take less distance off the tee and use a better all around ball from 180 yards and in?    

Well, from a full shot approach - by your findings - the left dot would give you at least on less club in... which would help in the ability to stop the ball on the green.  That wouldn't help with the around the green feel that you prefer with the the CSX, but ... it is something.   I am more of a running chip type player unless I am really needing to go at a tucked pin, in which case I usually try to really cut the legs out and drop it "straight" down.  So for me, I don't think that spin off the chip has as big an impact for me as cutting down my approach shots by a club.  As you said... more scientific testing with my game needed.  Thankfully my wife is very understanding about testing in the name of science!  😉

On 9/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, Guymconners said:

I play Left Dash ProV1x and was intrigued by the stated difference in performance of the Left Dot ProV1, so I got the 2 dozen I was allowed. Should be interesting!

Looking forward to hearing your findings Guy!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

33 minutes ago, Londo said:

Very excited to try this ball out tomorrow, I have had some similar experiences with some balls as you have. It is good to know about the iron roll out you experienced as that is a key element of selecting a ball but if it absolutely excels off the tee and has even a touch more iron spin than Left Dash, I can certainly make that work!

definitely has more spin than the left dash but left dash flies higher, so results into the green be similar......

left dot is less harsh then left dash....thats for sure.  i really hope titleist brings this to market

Golf is cool

On 9/8/2021 at 8:26 AM, rbsiedsc said:

I am worried mine are in purgatory. I have not received mine yet 😞 

EDIT: coming Friday

Still haven’t arrived. Delayed. I hope someone didn’t take them and sell them online. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

5 hours ago, Tsecor said:

For me, the top 2 balls of 2021 are the Chromesoft X and the Left dot....... 

I tried to find your comments on the CSX LS... I couldn't find where you talked about it... what did you find different between the X and the X LS?

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

14 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

I tried to find your comments on the CSX LS... I couldn't find where you talked about it... what did you find different between the X and the X LS?

i havent played the LS.....just the CS and CSX.....

did I say i played the LS? I wanted to try it but it many other tests ive seen, the LS isnt much different than the CSX.....

Golf is cool

7 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

did I say i played the LS?

Probably not, but just assumed you tried it as well as the other CS models since you find them pretty good.  Just wondering about the lower spin impact.  I'll probably give it a try when I have a chance to grab a sleeve, just curious as it did pretty well in the ball test too - similar results to the ProV1 if I recall.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

22 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Probably not, but just assumed you tried it as well as the other CS models since you find them pretty good.  Just wondering about the lower spin impact.  I'll probably give it a try when I have a chance to grab a sleeve, just curious as it did pretty well in the ball test too - similar results to the ProV1 if I recall.

for me personally, the v1x is a spin monster and balloons. I really disliked this years v1x.....the CSx, for me, is nothing like the V1x off the driver and long irons....

Top 5 balls for 2021 for me are;

1a - CSX
1b - Left dot
3 - Prov1
4 - CS
5- everything else (TP5, TP5x, BSX, AVX)

Golf is cool

15 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

for me personally, the v1x is a spin monster and balloons. I really disliked this years v1x.....the CSx, for me, is nothing like the V1x off the driver and long irons....

1a - CSX
1b - Left dot
3 - Prov1
4 - CS

Yes, exactly why I was wondering about the LS.  Wondering if it has a more boring flight (a la left dot dare I say) than the V1x due to the lower spin off the driver and long irons... or maybe it is easy to knuckle and fall from the sky like a dead bird...  all nuance and swing dependent I realize... 

I like the CS - but it does feel a little shorter than some other options I've tried.  I was successful with some previous season V1x balls, but I didn't care for this year's version (similar to you).  The TP5x is an ok ball for me, but nothing special.  Still working my way through the testing that you have already completed.  Thanks for sharing your findings and your comments.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

17 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

1a - CSX
1b - Left dot
3 - Prov1
4 - CS

I was inclined to be skeptical about the actual importance of ball choice.  Here we Tsecor call the Pro V1z a "spin monster,"

however,

while I love the majestic trajectory it achieves, assuming a decent hit,  with my hard to elevate  driving iron off the tee.

I also like the minimized role out when I'm trying to play the game in the air.  

Perhaps the golf ball choice really has an impact.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

1 minute ago, Tiftaaft said:

Yes, exactly why I was wondering about the LS.  Wondering if it has a more boring flight (a la left dot dare I say) than the V1x due to the lower spin off the driver and long irons... or maybe it is easy to knuckle and fall from the sky like a dead bird...  all nuance and swing dependent I realize... 

I like the CS - but it does feel a little shorter than some other options I've tried.  I was successful with some previous season V1x balls, but I didn't care for this year's version (similar to you).  The TP5x is an ok ball for me, but nothing special.  Still working my way through the testing that you have already completed.  Thanks for sharing your findings and your comments.  

same to you

I find the left dot flight really good. I have no idea what the launch angle is nor do i care about that at all....i look at trajectory and peak height.....and really just trajectory.....i also like the left dot because you can hit stingers with it or low punch shots if you need to...very easily......

i am not a overly skilled guy who can pull off any randon shots like that each and every time, but i do find the CSX to be very workable in a a forgiving manner if that makes sense. I do not get penalized for trying to hook it and TBH, the left dot was hard to over hook...it straightend out my driver draw to a nice smaller curve which looked really nice to me...

i love the left dot flight.

looking forward to the CS LS review if you post it

Golf is cool

2 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

I was inclined to be skeptical about the actual importance of ball choice.  Here we Tsecor call the Pro V1z a "spin monster,"

however,

while I love the majestic trajectory it achieves, assuming a decent hit,  with my hard to elevate  driving iron off the tee.

I also like the minimized role out when I'm trying to play the game in the air.  

Perhaps the golf ball choice really has an impact.

its funny because base on everything ive read and all the testing ive seen this year, the V1x was, on paper, the ball for me. When i hit it, i liked the feel but it just ballooned......i figured it was my swing, so i kept using it and im not saying every shot was a balloon ball but 6 out of 10 were for me.....it remeinded me of the 2019 version of the bxs...

i was shoccked and actually gave 3 sleeves away to my match play partner who loves it. even though his fade off the driver would sometimes be 40 yards off center, he loved it and keeps playing it.....it just doesnt work for me....playability is everything and TBH ive read so much data, ny head was on the verge of exploding. 

i had to play them all to narrow down my ball....Chromesoft was the leader for a few months....but low spin around the greens killed it off as my main gamer....CSx...whole different ball game....left dot....same...

its amazing what works for each guy vs what you read as "great"

Golf is cool

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

ts amazing what works for each guy vs what you read as "great"

Agreed!  It is definitely different for each golfer.  Otherwise, there would just be one ball, and everyone would play it.  🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

So I played yesterday afternoon with a brand new sleeve of the Left Dots courtesy of the extremely generous gesture by @txgolfjunkiewho sent me a sleeve!! Thanks bro!

I typically play Snell MTB/Pro V1 or Srixon ZStars (been finding them cheap) and I did go through a dozen of the Left Dash earlier this season

Off the Tee: The Left Dots seem to have a more boring trajectory..not as low as the AVX and not as high as a standard ProV1 or the other tour caliber balls I usually play.

Distance wise they seem to be about 10 yards longer than the Snells and a few yards longer than the others but not quite as long as the Left Dash. (Left Dash is the longest ball I have ever played, but its a rock around the greens for me)

I did notice a little more side spin than I normally see on my tee shots but that could easily have been my crappy swing

Approach Shots:

Again I really love the flight of this ball, its a nice mid trajectory that will be great in the wind. I like the feel of the Left Dot off my irons...MUCH better than the Left Dash. Maybe a couple of yards longer than my normal balls, but spin is the big winner here!! Almost every shot that hit the green stopped on a dime and a few backed up. I had a full sand wedge rip back about 8-10 feet which is a lot on my home course.

Chipping and Pitching:

Again, feel and spin were great...balls checked very quickly with almost no run out. I left the first 2 chips pretty short before I adjusted and started trying to knock down the pin with my chips!

Putting:

Nice feel and sound off the face and the ball rolled very true

If these werent so hard to find I would order a couple of dozen right now!

At least I only lost 1 yesterday so I still have 2 to play my next round.

Thanks again to @txgolfjunkie for sponsoring this review 😉🤣

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 9/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, Shankster said:

I’ve never been more excited about balls.  The folks at Titleist have done it!  They are releasing the Left Dot!

“I’ve never been more excited about balls” is not a phrase I would personally put on a throw pillow…

To merely call Hayden Christensen wooden, is an affront to puppets everywhere…

16 hours ago, TBT said:

So I played yesterday afternoon with a brand new sleeve of the Left Dots courtesy of the extremely generous gesture by @txgolfjunkiewho sent me a sleeve!! Thanks bro!

I typically play Snell MTB/Pro V1 or Srixon ZStars (been finding them cheap) and I did go through a dozen of the Left Dash earlier this season

Off the Tee: The Left Dots seem to have a more boring trajectory..not as low as the AVX and not as high as a standard ProV1 or the other tour caliber balls I usually play.

Distance wise they seem to be about 10 yards longer than the Snells and a few yards longer than the others but not quite as long as the Left Dash. (Left Dash is the longest ball I have ever played, but its a rock around the greens for me)

I did notice a little more side spin than I normally see on my tee shots but that could easily have been my crappy swing

Approach Shots:

Again I really love the flight of this ball, its a nice mid trajectory that will be great in the wind. I like the feel of the Left Dot off my irons...MUCH better than the Left Dash. Maybe a couple of yards longer than my normal balls, but spin is the big winner here!! Almost every shot that hit the green stopped on a dime and a few backed up. I had a full sand wedge rip back about 8-10 feet which is a lot on my home course.

Chipping and Pitching:

Again, feel and spin were great...balls checked very quickly with almost no run out. I left the first 2 chips pretty short before I adjusted and started trying to knock down the pin with my chips!

Putting:

Nice feel and sound off the face and the ball rolled very true

If these werent so hard to find I would order a couple of dozen right now!

At least I only lost 1 yesterday so I still have 2 to play my next round.

Thanks again to @txgolfjunkie for sponsoring this review 😉🤣

its amazing how different the ball plays from golfer to golfer.

My experience was completely different.

- trajectory was amazing with this. far from "boring"
- Longer than the left dash for me, but left dash was 2nd out of 8 balls i tested this summer
- I couldnt stop this "on a dime" with my 6-8 iron. PW was able to stop because of AOD.
- No run out? i had more roll out than i wanted or needed. Had to adjust my short game to accomodate

Just shows you every ball is not made for every player.

I loved the left dot. just wish it had a tiny bit more greenside manners built in. 

Golf is cool

I find myself being cautious about this ball.  I really like it.  But I also don't want to go "all in" on a ball that isn't currently available (and no guarantee that it will be... though it does seem like it will be one of the mainstays for the Titleist lineup).  I'm even hesitant to game it again, even though I have 3+ sleeves left.   🙃 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Alright Boys and Girls, I got out to the course this morning and just finished my first 18 with the Left Dot. 

I have been playing the Snell MTB-X and Chromesoft but trying a lot of different balls to see what sticks. 

Off the Tee: The first thing I noticed with this ball was the trajectory, it isn't crazy low but certainly lower than most balls. Second thing I noticed was the D I S T A N C E. I think that I am a fairly average swing speed player (SS slightly over 100, probably average 250-260 off the tee depending on conditions) and it may have been that I got a hold of the first two perfectly but I got between 275-280 on flat holes. It is pretty rare for me to do that. Another thing that I did notice however is that on a couple holes I did not hit the ball flush and I think the lower trajectory hurt me in this case, still a massive amount of roll out on the fairway though. 

I think that TBT is spot on that:

1. Distance wise they seem to be about 10 yards longer than the Snells but not quite as long as the Left Dash

AND

2. I also noticed a little more side spin than I normally see on my tee shots but this could also be MY crappy swing

Approach Shots:

I was playing in the wind, this is going to be a great selection for the wind because of its penetrating mid-low flight on my irons. The ball felt great off the irons, I am a low/lower spin iron player so I really need a ball that has some check with the 7-9 irons or else I'm rolling off the back of the green. In softer conditions, from 150 out I struck a great 8 iron and the ball was within 6 inches of the mark on the green- this is exactly what I would like to see from my gamer in this situation.

Chipping and Pitching:

It felt solid off the wedges for chipping and pitching, good strikes felt controlled, anything that was short or long was on me.

Putting:

I am not a big "feel" guy for balls putting. Outside of the Left Dash, I haven't encountered a ball that is distracting to hit off the putter (likely due to insert). The ball felt as solid as any coming off the face and was nice to look down on.

I will definitely play this ball in the wind again due to the low trajectory and distance off the driver. I didn't love a couple of the spinny driver strikes (again could have just been me) but think its a okay risk/reward in those conditions. It could be the best overall Titleist ball for me, the regular ProV1 is close but they definitely do different things. It certainly isn't a unicorn ball but it checks many of the boxes of things I would like my gamer ball to have! 

2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

I find myself being cautious about this ball.  I really like it.  But I also don't want to go "all in" on a ball that isn't currently available

This is where I'm at. Until hitting this ball, I had basically resigned myself to just having too much spin unless I drop down to a 2-piece ball and play everything bump-and-run.

The Left Dot (which I didn't know that's what it was at the time) was low-spin, mid/low-trajectory off the driver and as the loft increased, so did its responsiveness, but not too much. 4-iron with a regular Z-Star usually finishes about 6 inches long of its ball mark while Left Dot was about 3 yards long of the mark. With Z-Star, I have to watch out for anything under 7i ripping back. With Left Dot, they were more one-hop-and-stop. Z-Star off a 52 has the potential to come off the front of the green while Left Dot is backing up a few feet, but much more controlled.

If Left Dot becomes a mainstay, it's definitely my new gamer. Until then, I guess I'll keep clubbing down and swinging easy to kill spin...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

3 hours ago, greggarner said:

This is where I'm at. Until hitting this ball, I had basically resigned myself to just having too much spin unless I drop down to a 2-piece ball and play everything bump-and-run.

The Left Dot (which I didn't know that's what it was at the time) was low-spin, mid/low-trajectory off the driver and as the loft increased, so did its responsiveness, but not too much. 4-iron with a regular Z-Star usually finishes about 6 inches long of its ball mark while Left Dot was about 3 yards long of the mark. With Z-Star, I have to watch out for anything under 7i ripping back. With Left Dot, they were more one-hop-and-stop. Z-Star off a 52 has the potential to come off the front of the green while Left Dot is backing up a few feet, but much more controlled.

If Left Dot becomes a mainstay, it's definitely my new gamer. Until then, I guess I'll keep clubbing down and swinging easy to kill spin...

Have you tried the current version of the AVX?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Have you tried the current version of the AVX?

I have! And I know 'feel' shouldn't matter, but anything above 5-iron just feels like I'm hitting a pile of mashed potatoes. I like a little more response/feedback than that...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

54 minutes ago, greggarner said:

I have! And I know 'feel' shouldn't matter, but anything above 5-iron just feels like I'm hitting a pile of mashed potatoes. I like a little more response/feedback than that...

Gotcha

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1