I believe they are for left handed golfers... 😉 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

So I put the dot in play today. Shot a personal best 86 on my home track. Caveat I had a great swing day....or was is the left dot?!?!?! 

Distance wise off the tee, I didn't see any significant distance difference compared to CSX LS. I did notice my tee shots were more straight/baby draw than more of the hooks I usually hit. So definitely better dispersion. Hit 8/13 fairways with the big stick, another PB. Trajectory was good for me. Not too high and not too low. 

Irons wedges and putter is where this shined for me. I was gaming the Bridgestone Tour B X for a bit as I loved the distance off the tee and irons, but the wedge feel and ability to hold greens left a lot to be desired for me. The switch to the CSX LS from Tour B X after the MGS ball test gave be the improved feel with the short clubs and was able to hold greens again. Drop and a couple hops sometimes a little roll. The Left Dot just felt so buttery off the club face. Hit some of my best iron shots today. I held greens drop and stop (within 2ft from ball marks) with 7i from 165-170 out through my wedges. Yet another PB with 8/18 GIRs. Putter roll of the left dot was true and smooth and I felt like the ball was easy to maintain speed control with little stroke effort, whereas the CSX LS for me has a little more pop and firmness off the putter face resulting in working a little more to control speed. 

I'll continue to alternate rounds at my home track with the CSX LS to get a better feel with misses. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

On 9/13/2021 at 8:25 AM, Tsecor said:

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot and bxs for 18 holes each.....i wanted to test the left dot again and do a direct comparison to the BXS. I will say i had a very good "swing weekend" where i felt fluid and loose....i made very good contact on most shots and i am glad because when i am not swinging well, its hard to tell if a ball is good or bad for you.

2021 BXS - the previous version did not work for me at all....waaaaay too much spin and it was a balloon ball.  The 2021 version is very different off the driver as its very obvious they engineered the spin rates to be lower.  The feel of this ball is very nice....I hit it well, but my dispersion off the driver was worse than i hoped for. I usually play a baby draw off the driver and if i missed this just slightly, it flew 20 yards off center and with the roll out, it made it even worse. Its not a super long ball for me either. I usually can get 260-275 out of my driver and this was about where i was with this ball....my yardages average 265 for the mnost part according to the range finder.  Mid iron shots were fine, very comparable to many other balls out there. Nothing too spectacular or nothing bad. Its a very consistent ball off the irons. on 7 or 8 iron shots into the green, it performed fine. i was hitting it wekk and the trajectory was not my ideal, but it wasnt bad. I just felt i had to give it a little extra oompff to get it to the hole.  Around the green (30 yards and in), it performed very well. I really lioke this ball in the short game. It checks up nicely and i felt comfortable getting up and down with the BXS.  my conslusion is, i could play this ball and be fine with it, but it wouldnt make my top 3 balls for the year. It reminds me of the new TP5x. its a solid ball, just not spectacular for me or anything different. It does its job and has a few hilights, but overall its a bit "boring"  if that makes any sense. The feel is great but visually, i have issues.....I really do not like the logo or the dual dimple design. Looking down at the ball, it bothers me slightly.....i know thats insane and i have to get over that but hard clicky balls really bothers me too, and i was able to get past that this summer. out of a scale of 1-10 id give this ball 7.5 or an 8. 

Left dot -  The first time i played this ball, i was unimpressed because i expected it to be the unicorn ball......after using it for a ful 18 holes, i have to say the ball is different that the 1st time i played it.  I know all the talk is to put it in between the AVX and the Prov1 but i have to be honest, i think that is a horrible slotting. TO ME, this ball belongs in between the V1x and left dash or possibly in between the V1 and v1x. This ball from a feel perspective feels more like its in between the v1x and left dash. It feel firmer than the v1x but feels closer to the v1x than the left dash. The balls trajectory is much lower than the left dash but really explodes off the driver. I have to be honest. The left dash is a beast off the driver and the left dot turned out to be better and longer.....i dont know what is in the ball but i hit 4 drives at 300 yards or slightly better. I NEVER hit 300 yards. I had one with the left dash a few weeks back but the left dot rewarded me with multiple drives at 295-305. When you flush this ball off the tee, its trajecctory and peak height is literally perfect. FOR ME, its the perfect flight.....this ball is the unicorn ball off the tee as far as feel, trajectory and distance. As i said earlier, i was swinging really good this weekend so that contributes, but even the guys i was playing with made comments. They had no idea i was testing out a new ball. I heard comments like "what the hell did you eat today?" and "Dude, thats over 300".  This is the best all around ball i have ever hit off the driver. Explosive is the term i will use.  even if i did not flush this in the middle of the face, it was very forgiving for me. Where the BXS would really spin "out of control" for me, the left dot seemed to fly 50% less off center.....on similar strikes i was aligned closer to the center of the fairway than the bxs....sometimes by 30 feet.  The iron play was a little different than the driver experience. This is where the ball comes back to reality a bit more. Its still long and still hits the trajectory window, but for me, the ball does not hold the greens as well as i had hoped. One example of this was a 6 iron shot from 178. I hit it really good and was right at the pin which was tucked in the back left corner. The shot looked beautiful off the club, flew in the window i really like. I saw the ball hit and from that distance it looked like a great result. I approached the green, saw the ball mark which was ~ 18 feet from the hole and the ball ended up rolling past the pin and off the back side of the green. I was only 10 feet from the hole and got up and down for par but the dstance from initial green contact to resting spot was almost 30 feet. That shocked me.

The very next hole was a par 3, ~150 yards. I hit an 8 iron and lifted it very high as the pin was tucked in front right corner.  It landed 15 feet from the hole and stopped because the angle of descent was very high. I feel you need to hit it higher on approach shots to limit the roll out. For me, i had multiple shots into the green with 6-8 irons that resulted in longer roll outs than other balls.  not that its bad, but i had to adjust my shots a little bit to account for this.  from 30 yards and in, the ball did not perform like a prov1...it performed more like the left dash. Its not bad, but in direct comparison to a prov1 or the BXS, the left dot is not as comfortable for me in getting up and down if needed.  If i were to play this ball full time, i would need to make some adjustments in the short game....the amount of distance i get off the tee, it may be worth it. 

Anyway, putting with the left dot was great. Its a nice firm feel, but not clicky feel off a GSS Mills putter.  you get what you put into it. I liked it.

In conclusion, I feel the left dot is a really good ball and for the last few weeks of fall golf, i have to decide if this is my ball moving forward.....the distance off the tee is almost intoxicating for me, like the left dash.....its a much better all around ball then the left dash but does have some issues with roll out for me...i would say the left dot is a nicer all around version of the left dash. To me, its nothing close to the avx and i feel the slotting near the AVX is misleading because to me the AVX fee is 100% different, the trajectories are much different and the left dot flies much further than AVX.  

For me, the top 2 balls of 2021 are the Chromesoft X and the Left dot....... 

the CSX is the better all around ball, especially sticking the greens with 7-pw, but its shorter off the tee by 10-15 yards when both are hit in similar ways. So its a question of length vs control.   

Can i adjust to the left dot's characteristics around the green or do i take less distance off the tee and use a better all around ball from 180 yards and in?    

Sorry for the long drawn out post. I think id be happy playing both balls with the regualr prov1 coming in 3rd.

CSX vs Left Dot......hmmmmmm.......

i guess ill have to play more golf to really lock it in 😉     sorry honey, scientific testing is needed through the fall. 

If I’m you and I’m taking a full club less into greens, so higher launch and peak height, less spin needed, then I’m  selecting Left Dot. If you’re going to hit them 295-300, there aren’t many par 4s where you’ll be hitting more than a 7 iron, even an 8. I’m taking the tee distance and then adjusting my iron choice based on what additional roll-out you’ve seen.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

30 minutes ago, PMookie said:

If I’m you and I’m taking a full club less into greens, so higher launch and peak height, less spin needed, then I’m  selecting Left Dot. If you’re going to hit them 295-300, there aren’t many par 4s where you’ll be hitting more than a 7 iron, even an 8. I’m taking the tee distance and then adjusting my iron choice based on what additional roll-out you’ve seen.

Im thinking the same. Not sure how many more drives i will hit like i did because that distance is certainly NOT the norm for me. But i have to say the distance was a bit shocking ...i am not sure ive ever used a piece of equipment that resulted in an immediate gain like that before.....

The only piece of sports equipment i remember using that had the same impact was a Double wall DiMarini softball bat.....i went from a singles and doubles hitter to hitting opposite field home runs just with a bat switch.....they outlawed that bat in our leagues and i can see why.....

Im playing tomorrow so im gonna try the left dot as much as i can...playing a real tough links course, so fingers crossed. It could be a tough day

Golf is cool

Picked up a dozen yesterday.  Will put them in play week after next.  Am testing a couple of sleeves of test balls next week.  3s and 4s.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I put the Left Dot into play yesterday and compared it to the Left Dash...

Left Dot is great for windy and firm conditions. They also fly a few yards further on the short irons, but are about 7-10 yards shorter off the driver and 3W. They launch lower and spin a bit more so the wind doesn't hit them as much. It's not a drastic difference between the dot and dash, but it might be enough to be the difference between hitting the edge of the green or being in the greenside rough. Greenside spin was great. 

Left Dash is great for calmer and softer conditions. A beast off the tee but a tad shorter off the 8-GW on full swings. You'll see the wind hit this ball a bit more than the dot because of the lack of spin. The wind was only 4-8mph yesterday but every shot required me to know wind direction. You do need to play a little bit more roll out on chips, but if the greens are receptive, they still have some good bite to them. I had a couple chips off the fairway to a tucked pin with a lob wedge and I was able to see a hop and stop going into the grain. 

For now, I'll keep playing the Left Dash. The courses near Houston are still on the soft side with grainy bermuda greens. The course I played yesterday had greens that were resurfaced about a year ago and were a little on the firm side. While I didn't see the left dash have a big release on full shots into the green, I did see better stopping power with the left dot. If I ever see these courses dry out due to a drought, I'll switch to the left dot and adjust my yardages accordingly. 

Either ball is fantastic if you need a lower spinning tour ball. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Played the left dot once again in my league championship.....finished 5th out of 25, 4 shots from the win.....pulled a double on 18 or elase I would have finished 2nd. The winner played the best round of his life and completely deserved to win.....putted his butt off and birdied the 1&2 hdcp holes.  i parred both, one with a 35 foot putt, so it could have been worse for me......this guy mastered the course like a pro

This was a tough links course.....the ball performed perfectly......i even had long drive of the day as this was measured on a long par 5. 317 with the wind and roll out. That is huge for me.....

this is basically the closest thing to a game changer for me....i still like the CSX slightly better around the green....basically 20 yards and in....but i can adjust......

im all in on the left dot and csx......if left dot is available, thats my ball....if not, ill go with csx.....

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

18 hours ago, Tsecor said:

..if left dot is available, thats my ball..

+1

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:24 AM, Tiftaaft said:

+1

Just curious if anyone else received the left dot survey from Titleist?  

I take this as a good sign for future mainstream availability.  My survey is submitted.  

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

54 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

I take this as a good sign for future mainstream availability.  My survey is submitted.  

They did this for the exp-01 ball and iirc left dash. It’s how they evaluate what to do. As we saw with the exp ball it don’t come retail. Iirc some of the tech was out into the non prov/avx release last year

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

24 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They did this for the exp-01 ball and iirc left dash. It’s how they evaluate what to do. As we saw with the exp ball it don’t come retail. Iirc some of the tech was out into the non prov/avx release last year

Last question on the survey... would you buy this ball if it were available as your Gamer (paraphrased)  I chose yes.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

12 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Survey submitted as well. I’d have no problems making The Dot my gamer.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

14 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Received the survey as well, I selected "Yes" as well. Although I wouldn't play it exclusively, it would certainly be in my rotation, especially in the wind. The ball flight is so penetrating and you still get good feel and check without ballooning and offering some forgiveness off the tee. Great ball and even though I could game the Pro V1 or Left Dash, I have other balls that perform similarly at better price points, where as I am willing to pay up for this ball!

I posted my review to Titleist, and I really liked these balls. They did, just as Titleist said, I noticed it was a lower ball flight, and never had one balloon on me. I could still get all the spin I wanted, I had several I could pull back, and on pitch shots it would check up and stop on a dime. As for now, I think I will stick with the TP5x, it is high like the pro 1x, but spins like a pro v1. The pix is also a huge plus to me. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Since I was away so long, did I miss the second release of these?  I still have all 12 of them that I bought.  Future option from Titleist or a 1 off?

They did some additional mini releases that if you were signed up for notifications on you were able to grab them or happen to be on the website looking at that time.

What I’ve heard there will be another limited release this year like the first one. Not quite ready for a full release like left dash

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

19 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They did some additional mini releases that if you were signed up for notifications on you were able to grab them or happen to be on the website looking at that time.

What I’ve heard there will be another limited release this year like the first one. Not quite ready for a full release like left dash

It sounds like that its up in the air whether they make a "full" release this year or next year. Tony hinted at this in a recent article (can't remember which one, it was within the last two weeks). My guess is that they keep doing some of these releases throughout the year and have a permanent release in '23 when they do the ball refresh

8 minutes ago, Londo said:

It sounds like that its up in the air whether they make a "full" release this year or next year. Tony hinted at this in a recent article (can't remember which one, it was within the last two weeks). My guess is that they keep doing some of these releases throughout the year and have a permanent release in '23 when they do the ball refresh

I heard it from a sales person who talked to the rep. But time will tell. They don’t have the inventory to do a full release and as the supply shortage to make the materials that make up a golf ball continue it’s going to be hard to get that inventory built up

• 2 weeks later...

Left dot will have a mainstream release in the same manner as left dash.

the rep i spoke to 6 months ago confirmed it.......timing is the only missing element. It could be a late summer release but that s just a guess. The release info is direct from Titleist. 

Golf is cool