Jump to content

LEFT DOT!!


Shankster
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2021 at 8:26 AM, rbsiedsc said:

I am worried mine are in purgatory. I have not received mine yet 😞 

 

EDIT: coming Friday

Still haven’t arrived. Delayed. I hope someone didn’t take them and sell them online. 

  • Sad 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Black 6x 44.5")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tsecor said:

For me, the top 2 balls of 2021 are the Chromesoft X and the Left dot....... 

I tried to find your comments on the CSX LS... I couldn't find where you talked about it... what did you find different between the X and the X LS?

  • Srixon Z7 Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52-10 & 56-14
  • Odyssey White Hot OG 7s Putter
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

I tried to find your comments on the CSX LS... I couldn't find where you talked about it... what did you find different between the X and the X LS?

i havent played the LS.....just the CS and CSX.....

did I say i played the LS? I wanted to try it but it many other tests ive seen, the LS isnt much different than the CSX.....

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

did I say i played the LS?

Probably not, but just assumed you tried it as well as the other CS models since you find them pretty good.  Just wondering about the lower spin impact.  I'll probably give it a try when I have a chance to grab a sleeve, just curious as it did pretty well in the ball test too - similar results to the ProV1 if I recall.

  • Srixon Z7 Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52-10 & 56-14
  • Odyssey White Hot OG 7s Putter
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Probably not, but just assumed you tried it as well as the other CS models since you find them pretty good.  Just wondering about the lower spin impact.  I'll probably give it a try when I have a chance to grab a sleeve, just curious as it did pretty well in the ball test too - similar results to the ProV1 if I recall.

for me personally, the v1x is a spin monster and balloons. I really disliked this years v1x.....the CSx, for me, is nothing like the V1x off the driver and long irons....

Top 5 balls for 2021 for me are;

1a - CSX
1b - Left dot
3 - Prov1
4 - CS
5- everything else (TP5, TP5x, BSX, AVX)

  • Like 2

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

for me personally, the v1x is a spin monster and balloons. I really disliked this years v1x.....the CSx, for me, is nothing like the V1x off the driver and long irons....

Top 5 balls for 2021 for me are;

1a - CSX
1b - Left dot
3 - Prov1
4 - CS
5- everything else (TP5, TP5x, BSX, AVX)

Yes, exactly why I was wondering about the LS.  Wondering if it has a more boring flight (a la left dot dare I say) than the V1x due to the lower spin off the driver and long irons... or maybe it is easy to knuckle and fall from the sky like a dead bird...  all nuance and swing dependent I realize... 

I like the CS - but it does feel a little shorter than some other options I've tried.  I was successful with some previous season V1x balls, but I didn't care for this year's version (similar to you).  The TP5x is an ok ball for me, but nothing special.  Still working my way through the testing that you have already completed.  Thanks for sharing your findings and your comments.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Srixon Z7 Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52-10 & 56-14
  • Odyssey White Hot OG 7s Putter
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

for me personally, the v1x is a spin monster and balloons. I really disliked this years v1x.....the CSx, for me, is nothing like the V1x off the driver and long irons....

Top 5 balls for 2021 for me are;

1a - CSX
1b - Left dot
3 - Prov1
4 - CS
5- everything else (TP5, TP5x, BSX, AVX)

I was inclined to be skeptical about the actual importance of ball choice.  Here we Tsecor call the Pro V1z a "spin monster,"

however,

while I love the majestic trajectory it achieves, assuming a decent hit,  with my hard to elevate  driving iron off the tee.

I also like the minimized role out when I'm trying to play the game in the air.  

 

Perhaps the golf ball choice really has an impact.

 

 

  • Like 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tiftaaft said:

Yes, exactly why I was wondering about the LS.  Wondering if it has a more boring flight (a la left dot dare I say) than the V1x due to the lower spin off the driver and long irons... or maybe it is easy to knuckle and fall from the sky like a dead bird...  all nuance and swing dependent I realize... 

I like the CS - but it does feel a little shorter than some other options I've tried.  I was successful with some previous season V1x balls, but I didn't care for this year's version (similar to you).  The TP5x is an ok ball for me, but nothing special.  Still working my way through the testing that you have already completed.  Thanks for sharing your findings and your comments.  

 

same to you

I find the left dot flight really good. I have no idea what the launch angle is nor do i care about that at all....i look at trajectory and peak height.....and really just trajectory.....i also like the left dot because you can hit stingers with it or low punch shots if you need to...very easily......

i am not a overly skilled guy who can pull off any randon shots like that each and every time, but i do find the CSX to be very workable in a a forgiving manner if that makes sense. I do not get penalized for trying to hook it and TBH, the left dot was hard to over hook...it straightend out my driver draw to a nice smaller curve which looked really nice to me...

i love the left dot flight.

looking forward to the CS LS review if you post it

  • Like 2

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

I was inclined to be skeptical about the actual importance of ball choice.  Here we Tsecor call the Pro V1z a "spin monster,"

however,

while I love the majestic trajectory it achieves, assuming a decent hit,  with my hard to elevate  driving iron off the tee.

I also like the minimized role out when I'm trying to play the game in the air.  

 

Perhaps the golf ball choice really has an impact.

 

 

its funny because base on everything ive read and all the testing ive seen this year, the V1x was, on paper, the ball for me. When i hit it, i liked the feel but it just ballooned......i figured it was my swing, so i kept using it and im not saying every shot was a balloon ball but 6 out of 10 were for me.....it remeinded me of the 2019 version of the bxs...

i was shoccked and actually gave 3 sleeves away to my match play partner who loves it. even though his fade off the driver would sometimes be 40 yards off center, he loved it and keeps playing it.....it just doesnt work for me....playability is everything and TBH ive read so much data, ny head was on the verge of exploding. 

i had to play them all to narrow down my ball....Chromesoft was the leader for a few months....but low spin around the greens killed it off as my main gamer....CSx...whole different ball game....left dot....same...

its amazing what works for each guy vs what you read as "great"

 

 

  • Like 2

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

ts amazing what works for each guy vs what you read as "great"

Agreed!  It is definitely different for each golfer.  Otherwise, there would just be one ball, and everyone would play it.  🙂

  • Like 2
  • Srixon Z7 Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52-10 & 56-14
  • Odyssey White Hot OG 7s Putter
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I played yesterday afternoon with a brand new sleeve of the Left Dots courtesy of the extremely generous gesture by @txgolfjunkiewho sent me a sleeve!! Thanks bro!

I typically play Snell MTB/Pro V1 or Srixon ZStars (been finding them cheap) and I did go through a dozen of the Left Dash earlier this season

Off the Tee: The Left Dots seem to have a more boring trajectory..not as low as the AVX and not as high as a standard ProV1 or the other tour caliber balls I usually play.

Distance wise they seem to be about 10 yards longer than the Snells and a few yards longer than the others but not quite as long as the Left Dash. (Left Dash is the longest ball I have ever played, but its a rock around the greens for me)

I did notice a little more side spin than I normally see on my tee shots but that could easily have been my crappy swing

Approach Shots:

Again I really love the flight of this ball, its a nice mid trajectory that will be great in the wind. I like the feel of the Left Dot off my irons...MUCH better than the Left Dash. Maybe a couple of yards longer than my normal balls, but spin is the big winner here!! Almost every shot that hit the green stopped on a dime and a few backed up. I had a full sand wedge rip back about 8-10 feet which is a lot on my home course.

Chipping and Pitching:

Again, feel and spin were great...balls checked very quickly with almost no run out. I left the first 2 chips pretty short before I adjusted and started trying to knock down the pin with my chips!

Putting:

Nice feel and sound off the face and the ball rolled very true

 

If these werent so hard to find I would order a couple of dozen right now!

 

At least I only lost 1 yesterday so I still have 2 to play my next round.

 

Thanks again to @txgolfjunkie for sponsoring this review 😉🤣

  • Like 5

 

 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

 

 



Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, Shankster said:

I’ve never been more excited about balls.  The folks at Titleist have done it!  They are releasing the Left Dot!

“I’ve never been more excited about balls” is not a phrase I would personally put on a throw pillow…

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

To merely call Hayden Christensen wooden, is an affront to puppets everywhere…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TBT said:

So I played yesterday afternoon with a brand new sleeve of the Left Dots courtesy of the extremely generous gesture by @txgolfjunkiewho sent me a sleeve!! Thanks bro!

I typically play Snell MTB/Pro V1 or Srixon ZStars (been finding them cheap) and I did go through a dozen of the Left Dash earlier this season

Off the Tee: The Left Dots seem to have a more boring trajectory..not as low as the AVX and not as high as a standard ProV1 or the other tour caliber balls I usually play.

Distance wise they seem to be about 10 yards longer than the Snells and a few yards longer than the others but not quite as long as the Left Dash. (Left Dash is the longest ball I have ever played, but its a rock around the greens for me)

I did notice a little more side spin than I normally see on my tee shots but that could easily have been my crappy swing

Approach Shots:

Again I really love the flight of this ball, its a nice mid trajectory that will be great in the wind. I like the feel of the Left Dot off my irons...MUCH better than the Left Dash. Maybe a couple of yards longer than my normal balls, but spin is the big winner here!! Almost every shot that hit the green stopped on a dime and a few backed up. I had a full sand wedge rip back about 8-10 feet which is a lot on my home course.

Chipping and Pitching:

Again, feel and spin were great...balls checked very quickly with almost no run out. I left the first 2 chips pretty short before I adjusted and started trying to knock down the pin with my chips!

Putting:

Nice feel and sound off the face and the ball rolled very true

 

If these werent so hard to find I would order a couple of dozen right now!

 

At least I only lost 1 yesterday so I still have 2 to play my next round.

 

Thanks again to @txgolfjunkie for sponsoring this review 😉🤣

its amazing how different the ball plays from golfer to golfer.

My experience was completely different.

- trajectory was amazing with this. far from "boring"
- Longer than the left dash for me, but left dash was 2nd out of 8 balls i tested this summer
- I couldnt stop this "on a dime" with my 6-8 iron. PW was able to stop because of AOD.
- No run out? i had more roll out than i wanted or needed. Had to adjust my short game to accomodate

Just shows you every ball is not made for every player.

I loved the left dot. just wish it had a tiny bit more greenside manners built in. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Golf is cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find myself being cautious about this ball.  I really like it.  But I also don't want to go "all in" on a ball that isn't currently available (and no guarantee that it will be... though it does seem like it will be one of the mainstays for the Titleist lineup).  I'm even hesitant to game it again, even though I have 3+ sleeves left.   🙃 

  • Like 1
  • Srixon Z7 Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52-10 & 56-14
  • Odyssey White Hot OG 7s Putter
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright Boys and Girls, I got out to the course this morning and just finished my first 18 with the Left Dot. 

I have been playing the Snell MTB-X and Chromesoft but trying a lot of different balls to see what sticks. 

Off the Tee: The first thing I noticed with this ball was the trajectory, it isn't crazy low but certainly lower than most balls. Second thing I noticed was the D I S T A N C E. I think that I am a fairly average swing speed player (SS slightly over 100, probably average 250-260 off the tee depending on conditions) and it may have been that I got a hold of the first two perfectly but I got between 275-280 on flat holes. It is pretty rare for me to do that. Another thing that I did notice however is that on a couple holes I did not hit the ball flush and I think the lower trajectory hurt me in this case, still a massive amount of roll out on the fairway though. 

I think that TBT is spot on that:

1. Distance wise they seem to be about 10 yards longer than the Snells but not quite as long as the Left Dash

AND

2. I also noticed a little more side spin than I normally see on my tee shots but this could also be MY crappy swing

Approach Shots:

I was playing in the wind, this is going to be a great selection for the wind because of its penetrating mid-low flight on my irons. The ball felt great off the irons, I am a low/lower spin iron player so I really need a ball that has some check with the 7-9 irons or else I'm rolling off the back of the green. In softer conditions, from 150 out I struck a great 8 iron and the ball was within 6 inches of the mark on the green- this is exactly what I would like to see from my gamer in this situation.

Chipping and Pitching:

It felt solid off the wedges for chipping and pitching, good strikes felt controlled, anything that was short or long was on me.

Putting:

I am not a big "feel" guy for balls putting. Outside of the Left Dash, I haven't encountered a ball that is distracting to hit off the putter (likely due to insert). The ball felt as solid as any coming off the face and was nice to look down on.

 

I will definitely play this ball in the wind again due to the low trajectory and distance off the driver. I didn't love a couple of the spinny driver strikes (again could have just been me) but think its a okay risk/reward in those conditions. It could be the best overall Titleist ball for me, the regular ProV1 is close but they definitely do different things. It certainly isn't a unicorn ball but it checks many of the boxes of things I would like my gamer ball to have! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

I find myself being cautious about this ball.  I really like it.  But I also don't want to go "all in" on a ball that isn't currently available

This is where I'm at. Until hitting this ball, I had basically resigned myself to just having too much spin unless I drop down to a 2-piece ball and play everything bump-and-run.

The Left Dot (which I didn't know that's what it was at the time) was low-spin, mid/low-trajectory off the driver and as the loft increased, so did its responsiveness, but not too much. 4-iron with a regular Z-Star usually finishes about 6 inches long of its ball mark while Left Dot was about 3 yards long of the mark. With Z-Star, I have to watch out for anything under 7i ripping back. With Left Dot, they were more one-hop-and-stop. Z-Star off a 52 has the potential to come off the front of the green while Left Dot is backing up a few feet, but much more controlled.

If Left Dot becomes a mainstay, it's definitely my new gamer. Until then, I guess I'll keep clubbing down and swinging easy to kill spin...

  • Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: I'll try anything with a urethane cover
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, greggarner said:

This is where I'm at. Until hitting this ball, I had basically resigned myself to just having too much spin unless I drop down to a 2-piece ball and play everything bump-and-run.

The Left Dot (which I didn't know that's what it was at the time) was low-spin, mid/low-trajectory off the driver and as the loft increased, so did its responsiveness, but not too much. 4-iron with a regular Z-Star usually finishes about 6 inches long of its ball mark while Left Dot was about 3 yards long of the mark. With Z-Star, I have to watch out for anything under 7i ripping back. With Left Dot, they were more one-hop-and-stop. Z-Star off a 52 has the potential to come off the front of the green while Left Dot is backing up a few feet, but much more controlled.

If Left Dot becomes a mainstay, it's definitely my new gamer. Until then, I guess I'll keep clubbing down and swinging easy to kill spin...

Have you tried the current version of the AVX?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Have you tried the current version of the AVX?

I have! And I know 'feel' shouldn't matter, but anything above 5-iron just feels like I'm hitting a pile of mashed potatoes. I like a little more response/feedback than that...

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: I'll try anything with a urethane cover
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, greggarner said:

I have! And I know 'feel' shouldn't matter, but anything above 5-iron just feels like I'm hitting a pile of mashed potatoes. I like a little more response/feedback than that...

Gotcha

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...