TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rangefinder Question: Precision Pro NX9 vs Blue Tees S3 Max

I've got the NX-9 slope and have had great success with it. Precision Pro has great customer service and free batteries for life (on some models). I'm not familiar with Blue Tees. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thank you for the replies.  I have found a few of both new, used, and refurbished at places like eBay.  Just need to figure out which to buy.

It seems that Blue Tees has much better marketing and information available.  They talk about their 4K optics and 7x zoom a lot.  I cannot find that info on the NX9.

I may have to take a guess if I cannot find anyone that has used the BT or both.

I looked at the Precision Pro but in the end picked one off eBay for $110AUD.

The reason was simple. The only thing you can use in competition is distance, so features like slope etc have to be tuned off. 

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I am definitely not a competition golfer so no worries for me on that lol.  I am still looking around at the Precision Pro NX9, the BlueTees S3, and some used Bushnell v4 slope and v5 shift.  Of course the Bushnell's are either older or more expensive.  Have not been able to use these so its a little bit of a guessing game so that's why I am doing as much research as I can.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, djtech2k said:

Thank you for the replies.  I have found a few of both new, used, and refurbished at places like eBay.  Just need to figure out which to buy.

It seems that Blue Tees has much better marketing and information available.  They talk about their 4K optics and 7x zoom a lot.  I cannot find that info on the NX9.

I may have to take a guess if I cannot find anyone that has used the BT or both.

I took a look at their website today and couldn't find specific info on the features. I did notice that they have magnetic straps available for purchase - my NX9 comes with an embedded magnet so no need to strap on on. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My main golf partner plays a Blue Tees and I have a precision pro NX7 slope from years back. Generally, we both shoot yardages on par 3s and his Blue Tees is very inconsistent vs my NX7. I'm pretty confident with my yardages and feel that there are issues with his Blue Tees. His fluctuate quite a bit from 5-15 yards during our rounds. In my opinion, I'd go with a precision pro. 

WIMB

Driver: Cobra Radspeed 9* Motore X F3 S

3W: SIM2 Max 15* Ventus Blue S

3H: SIM2 Max 19* Ventus Blue S

Irons: Srixon ZX5 4-AW Nippon NS PRO Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: Vokey SM8 Black (54*, 58*)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11 2021

Bags/Accessories: Stitch SL2, Garmin S40 + Precision Pro NX7 Pro Slope (old model)

17 minutes ago, Hank_iii said:

My main golf partner plays a Blue Tees and I have a precision pro NX7 slope from years back. Generally, we both shoot yardages on par 3s and his Blue Tees is very inconsistent vs my NX7. I'm pretty confident with my yardages and feel that there are issues with his Blue Tees. His fluctuate quite a bit from 5-15 yards during our rounds. In my opinion, I'd go with a precision pro. 

May just be an issue with his, mine is pretty spot on to my two buddies bushnells at most we are a yard or so and I not a yard or two precise.

44 minutes ago, dcherif said:

May just be an issue with his, mine is pretty spot on to my two buddies bushnells at most we are a yard or so and I not a yard or two precise.

Good to know! Build / design wise it hands down goes to Blue Tees IMO.

WIMB

Driver: Cobra Radspeed 9* Motore X F3 S

3W: SIM2 Max 15* Ventus Blue S

3H: SIM2 Max 19* Ventus Blue S

Irons: Srixon ZX5 4-AW Nippon NS PRO Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: Vokey SM8 Black (54*, 58*)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11 2021

Bags/Accessories: Stitch SL2, Garmin S40 + Precision Pro NX7 Pro Slope (old model)

30 minutes ago, Hank_iii said:

Good to know! Build / design wise it hands down goes to Blue Tees IMO.

to be fair, I use a gps app on my phone/ apple watch that also gives me basic numbers. Comes in handy when I can't get on the flag so there are a few numbers avail to me. I'm a 12 hcp and I can't dial my shots to precise yardages so for the few hundred dollars cheaper price point it suffices for me. I like the slope feature as well and my 15yr old Nikon did not have that, if it did I would not have replaced it.