TESTERS WANTED! ×

I don’t get it…

So my arm felt better today… knee is ok…

so you know me, went to the range to celebrate. Started off with my new tempo swing, which I quickly abandoned.

I started trying to hit each club as hard as I could…. They all went on my intended line, and far.  Better contact… I’m talking like 115% swing. Wind assisted 300 yard hybrid %… 

Do I swing like that all the time?  Results say yes. I feel better too.

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Dr. Sasho Mackenzie did a study with golfers across a range of handicaps and all golfers were found to be more accurate when swinging faster than when trying make a “fairway finder” swing

Well, if the Doctor prescribes it… 

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Well, if the Doctor prescribes it… 

I think I heard a bomb a day keeps the doctor away (that's it right?)

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

It's all about doing it without thinking about doing it. If you can stay out of your own way and fire away like that do it.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

11 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

It's all about doing it without thinking about doing it. If you can stay out of your own way and fire away like that do it.

Short game will be an issue.  But I’m not going to hold back.  I was swinging faster like this back in June.  Not sure why I thought I needed to change something… it definitely was not broken.

45 minutes ago, Shankster said:

So my arm felt better today… knee is ok…

so you know me, went to the range to celebrate. Started off with my new tempo swing, which I quickly abandoned.

I started trying to hit each club as hard as I could…. They all went on my intended line, and far.  Better contact… I’m talking like 115% swing. Wind assisted 300 yard hybrid %… 

Do I swing like that all the time?  Results say yes. I feel better too.

I don't have a 115% swing.  😔

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I don't have a 115% swing.  😔

I found it out of disbelief today.  That my “good swing” was terrible.  So I just said full send mode.

It has to be the ugliest thing on earth… left foot slides backwards. Feels like my trail arm is above my head… but it works, and I don’t care what it looks like. Haha.

I was trying to slow down to prolong my golf life, but it seems like this has the opposite effect on me.

It's like the drive you crush after hitting a ball OB. Free flowing, no thoughts, just hit it hard. Not sure I'd do this long term, as you might re-injure yourself, but you might want to film yourself and analyze any differences between an 80% swing and a 115% swing. I watched a Nick Faldo? video where he recommended taking a few free wheeling practice swings and then stepping up and hitting quickly before you can think about how you're swinging.

Driver: :tour-edge: c721 9.5 / HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Irons: :taylormade-small:P7MB 3-PW, Project X IO 5.5, 1.5 flat
Wedges: Hogan Equalizer II, 52 standard V sole, 58 Texas Grind
Hybrid: :callaway-small: FT 20 degrees
Fairway: :tour-edge: c721 5-wood / HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Putter: EVNROLL ER2 Black

Had a choice today.....hard 7 or an easy 6 to the par 3 ... opted to go with the hard 7, hit it 12 feet behind the pin and drained the putt.  I can't do that with my driver though.  If I get out of tempo and rythm, I'm all over the map.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I’ve had ankle issues all year from trying to swing too hard … rolling to back of my left foot. Is there a difference between swinging fast & swinging hard trying to kill it? I’m going to rethinK my tempo & give fast swing a try … but I still believe someone can make a fortune with a golf lobotomy eliminating the kill thought.

Edited by B_R_A_D_Y

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

• 3 weeks later...

Swinging fast and swinging hard are 2 different things. I find it difficult to sequence properly if I’m not swinging close to all-out. It’s what makes my driver essentially a driving range only club.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 9/3/2021 at 2:08 PM, jlukes said:

Dr. Sasho Mackenzie did a study with golfers across a range of handicaps and all golfers were found to be more accurate when swinging faster than when trying make a “fairway finder” swing

Maybe what I'd heard or read in the past is derived from that -- I'd heard or read that all ams should *always* make their full swings at full speed .. on all clubs until you get down to the wedges and the finesse / touch shots. If the distance you need is in-between clubs you should take the longer club and grip down 1/2" or 1", whatever depending, and still make a full speed full swing.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, cksurfdude said:

Maybe what I'd heard or read in the past is derived from that -- I'd heard or read that all ams should *always* make their full swings at full speed .. on all clubs until you get down to the wedges and the finesse / touch shots. If the distance you need is in-between clubs you should take the longer club and grip down 1/2" or 1", whatever depending, and still make a full speed full swing.

I should listen to my advice!!! Yesterday my worst shots were a few full swing irons I attempted to hit "..a little softer"............... 🤦‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I should listen to my advice!!! Yesterday my worst shots were a few full swing irons I attempted to hit "..a little softer"............... 🤦‍♂️

I'm sure that is a swing that you practice regularly...  NOT!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 9/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, Shankster said:

But I’m not going to hold back.  I was swinging faster like this back in June.  Not sure why I thought I needed to change something… it definitely was not broken.

I'm with you - the word I always try to use is aggressive.  When I do try to really bomb one off the tee, I'm usually out of sequence and tempo.   When I think "good aggressive swing with a balanced finish" it usually works out pretty well.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"