Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Another Titleist/Mizuno mix!

Nice looking set up! Let us know how the Tour Edge C721 Hybrid does, kinda in the market for a new hybrid. Good luck on the new irons...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Super clean, you need some dirt on those bad larrys. Nice setup!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 2 weeks later...

SWEET setup!  Have you tried all the Mizuno players & players distance irons?  

As a fellow 15 hcp, the MP20 MB's especially, and the JPX 921 Tours seem quite aggressive for me except on my good days; and I have been itching to try MP20 HMB and MP20 MMC, and was considering a split set of those.   Lately, though, I've been gaming full on GI irons.  🤷‍♂️  Obviously  you swing and strike differently than I do 😉

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

On 9/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, knightsofnii said:

SWEET setup!  Have you tried all the Mizuno players & players distance irons?  

As a fellow 15 hcp, the MP20 MB's especially, and the JPX 921 Tours seem quite aggressive for me except on my good days; and I have been itching to try MP20 HMB and MP20 MMC, and was considering a split set of those.   Lately, though, I've been gaming full on GI irons.  🤷‍♂️  Obviously  you swing and strike differently than I do 😉

When I went to the iron fitting, I made it clear I wanted the MP-20 MB's.  I was gushing over them for a long time and in need of a new set.  I had been playing Cobra Carbon CB's for over a decade.  The lofts were the same and the shape/offset were also similar.  We used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer to choose the best shaft.  I was pure-ing a lot of shots on the monitor, but after gaming them, it was a different story on the course.  REALLY enjoyed the pure shots, but the bad ones were killer.  I skipped a second fitting and went straight for the 921 Tour.  I did try the MMC's (very nice), 921 Forged, and 921 Hot Metal, but they did feel somewhat bulky and uncomfortable for me.  I've taken the 921 Tour's out 4 times now and I'm really liking them, still getting punished on the mishits, just not as bad as the MP-20.  My distances have gone down a bit, and my spin has kicked up a little too much.  I'm going to play them for another couple months, then considering a Golftec visit for a more ideal set if they don't work out.

I would definitely check out the MMC's again.  Great feel and a slimmer look at address, forgiving and long.  I would probably gravitate toward that or the 921 Hot Metal Pro.

:titelist-small:Tsi3 9* - Tensei AV Raw White 65s

:titelist-small:Tsi2 15* - Tensei AV Raw White 75s

:titelist-small:Tsi3 hy 20* - Tensei AV Raw White 90s | :tour-edge: C721 19* Smoke RDX 80s

:mizuno-small:JPX921 Tour - KBS $-Taper 120 4-pw

:vokey-small:SM8 50*  SM7 54*, 60*

:odyssey-small: White Hot Tour #1 (13yrs old😱)

Nice looking bag! My goal is to try to get on a launch monitor to see if the tsi3 is better than my radspeed.  I love the tsi3 look!

WITB

On 9/4/2021 at 4:13 PM, GaDawg said:

Nice looking set up! Let us know how the Tour Edge C721 Hybrid does, kinda in the market for a new hybrid. Good luck on the new irons...

Hey GaDawg, I wanted to get back to you on the Tour Edge C721 Hybrid.  I use the 3i 19*, and I've been really enjoying it.  I've played 5-6 rounds with it and it has definitely been my go-to for reachable par 5's, shorter par 4's, and long par 3's.  I look to use it as much as I can, haha!   I carry it 220-230 and has been giving me a reliable mid-high trajectory with fluffy landing to hold some greens.  Workability is subtle, and the mishits still travel a good distance and not too far off line.  I feel it has been most beneficial when I'm not striking the driver well or if a mishit with driver will get me in too much trouble (OB right, fairway bunkers, etc).  The C721 gives me confidence to aggressively stripe the fairway, leaving me with a mid-to-short iron into the green.  And if I got a downhill fairway to roll down, even better.

I bought it gently-used at my local Roger Dunn shop for $179+tax, with the stock Lamkin grip and RDX 6.0 shaft.  Also tested the TSi2, Mizuno CLK, and Ping G425.  I was getting the most consistency on the monitor from the C721 and felt I didn't need to try too hard to hit it good.  Just a solid feel, good looks, and - in my opinion - best value hybrid on the market.  It has a spot in my bag for years to come.

:titelist-small:Tsi3 hy 20* - Tensei AV Raw White 90s | :tour-edge: C721 19* Smoke RDX 80s

On 9/28/2021 at 1:43 PM, TG8 said:

Nice looking bag! My goal is to try to get on a launch monitor to see if the tsi3 is better than my radspeed.  I love the tsi3 look!

Thank you.

What I would really like to try is running two weights on the TSi3.  I have mine with the standard weight in the neutral setting, but would like to see how it performs with 1 in the H1 slot and 1 in the T1 slot.  Or if I'm slicing/fading, putting 2 on the heel side.  I feel like the head is light enough to add a weight and mess around with it.  The TSi3 adjustability is unbeatable.  I just have no idea how to get my hands on an extra weight 😂 I've seen some on eBay and others that are compatible, but trying to get the exact ones from Titleist.