TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson VIZOR (Prototype Putter)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Wilson has been working on this project for about 2 years. In the area of advanced alignment aids and differential plane technologies, the project began its life with the name “Scorpion” because of its tail-like appendage.

They are currently working with the Wilson Tour Staff in putting this new putter design in play in worldwide tours. This putter is scheduled to launch to the sales force this fall underneath the name of “Vizor.”

At this time we don't have photos but will soon. As you may have noticed Padraig has been testing this putter and playing new hybrids the “DXI” in recent events.

More to come soon...

#TruthDigest

I find it a little odd that he would switch after winning 3 majors with the 2-ball. Maybe the Vizor is similar looking.

Good point, but he's a pretty ferocious tinkerer. IIRC, he was making swing changes after winning the PGA, so I don't expect he'd be averse to changing putters if he thought it would help. Heck, the change to the Backstryke is a change, even though it looks about the same.

I'm anxious to see pictures of the Vizor.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

You lost my interest at "tail-like appendage". ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

You lost my interest at "tail-like appendage". ;)

A segmented and venomous alignment aid would be new market space.

Scorpion is better name than Vizor. Vizor is Jordy (sp.) from Next Generation

Scorpion from MK would be better.

I would say "Get over here!" after making putts. Maybe "Finish HIm" too. mix it up a bit.

Seriously, look at the cool putter that SSB posted today with the tongue in the cavity or check out the ways that Machine Putters has incorporated this into the design.

Really good looking stuff from both camps.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Good point, but he's a pretty ferocious tinkerer. IIRC, he was making swing changes after winning the PGA, so I don't expect he'd be averse to changing putters if he thought it would help. Heck, the change to the Backstryke is a change, even though it looks about the same.

I'm anxious to see pictures of the Vizor.

That's true, I still don't think he has found a driver that he likes.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like Wilson is picking up on creating some new products. I would like to see them get back into full swing and back into the game. I think they are a solid putter and driver option away.

As a longtime fan of Wilson Staff equipment, I totally agree. A putter that captures the public's imagination would help their image immensely. The Smooth isn't a bad driver but hasn't really caught on. I use the Spine, which if it sounded good at contact, would be a great driver. It's long and straight, although working the ball off the tee isn't it's strong suit. But I've had better consistent driving days with the Spine than any other driver in 40 years of playing.

• 2 months later...

Archived