TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Place To Sell Clubs?

kkremio

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on where they have had the best luck in selling their clubs? I have accumulated quite the collection of random sets (Incl. a set of BeCu Ping Eye 2's which will not be going 😍) and I think it's time to get rid of a few clubs that won't ever be put in the bag. Have you had better luck using your local golf shops/pro's to perhaps trade clubs in/sell or is going to a site like https://www.thegolffactory.co.uk/pre-owned or GolfBidder the call? 

I have seen a few of my friends sell on Marketplace but my only experience with selling on Facebook has been met with most people just trying to lowball you. Not sure what the best option is at the moment as I'm not too fussed on making all of my money back, just getting decent coin for what I paid! There's two sets of irons, a few woods and a few driving irons that would be worth something so just trying to look at somewhere that's going to offer a decent price. I have visited my local American Golf but they are more focused on trading in clubs for credit on a new set but I'm pretty happy with what's in the bag at the moment.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if any of you have a go-to, especially in the UK! 

Happy Golfing!

• Driver: Cobra RadSpeed XB
  • Woods: Wilson FG Tour 3 Wood 
  • Hybrid: Wilson D350 Hybrid
  • Optional Utility: Titleist U510 4 Iron
  • Irons: Cleveland CG7 Tour - Black Pearl/Ping Eye 2 BeCu's (Red Dot)
  • Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action - 53* - Cleveland Byron Nelson BeCu Wedges - 56*, 60*
  • Putter: Cleveland Smart Square - EVNRoll Gravity Grip
  • Ball: Honma D1

IF you try and sell your clubs to any individual they will try and lowball you; you can simply say no.  

Your options are ebay (will take a percentage of the sales),  facebook marketplace,  trade in at a store (typically store credit as you have found out),  trade in to one of the various websites that will give you cash, and on the various golf forums.    

I have the most success on the golf forums because the prices are better than you will get on trade in.   Most forums do require you be have certain number of posts prior to making BST posts.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Is what you can get for used equipment worth giving it up?

I recently sold a lot of almost brand new equipment because it was all misguided impulse buying of stuff that I didn't need and didn't turn out liking as much as I thought I would.  I took a huge financial bath on that.  I almost want to slap myself around a little bit for being so stupid and undisciplined.

But this was a huge departure from my normal practice, 

Typically, gear that I no longer use becomes part of my collection.  

I had virtually no previous experience selling golf equipment.

I have stuff going back to the seventies.

I have wooden woods.

So that's my question.  If you have space to collect it, is it usually worth selling old gear?

Is what you get enough to part with it?

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

48 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

If you have space to collect it, is it usually worth selling old gear?

yes. i hate clutter. 

so even getting back half of what i paid for a club or a shaft is worth it to me if it means it’s not in my house anymore. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Since I don't do social media, I have sold most everything on e-bay. I don't agree with a lot of e-bay policies and their fees, but you have more possible buyers on e-bay. I have not had any luck with the forums.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 hours ago, BostonSal said:

So that's my question.  If you have space to collect it, is it usually worth selling old gear?

Is what you get enough to part with it?

I feel like I have gotten what my clubs are worth.  If I don't get a price that I like I hold on to it and try again;  there isn't a timeline/  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've sold my extras on the golf forums (mgs, wrx) and have had decent success.  I had some older items that I took to Play it Again Sports and sold them there and got reasonable price and didn't have to hassle with shipping.  Anything more current I wouldn't take there to sell.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

If you have something valuable like Ping BeCu Eye 2, then eBay is the answer. If you have a bunch of other lower value clubs, then trading them in or maybe even giving them away locally is the answer. I don't think it's worth the time and effort to sell and ship 10 clubs to different buyers to make a couple hundred bucks. I would say that clubs are worth more than they used to be but it's up to you if you think it's worth the time to sell all you're clubs for max value. Another option for lower valued clubs is to bunch them all up and sell them as a lot so you can ship them in one big box to one buyer. I would rather cut my losses on golf clubs and get rid of them over spend countless hours and having to address constant questions from potential buyers assuming the clubs aren't worth a life changing amount of money. 

I sell the majority of my stuff on eBay and have had good success. I’ve sold a few things on another forum, but it was newly released stuff that was hardly even used so there was some interest. I’ve also traded with Callaway pre-owned and had some good values from them, and I also sold a set of irons to Golf Avenue in Canada when they were giving me equal to what I would’ve made after fees on eBay. The key is doing the research and finding out what stuff is going for on eBay, then looking around if it’s not worth the time and hassle, or loss in fees. I’ve sold over $1,000 worth of equipment this year between irons, shafts, driver heads, bags, push cart, etc, so I’ve funded every purchase I’ve made this year too. If you learn the tricks of maxing a return like possibly selling a shaft separately from a driver head, then one can recoup a good bit of money.

Do your research.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

If you want quick and easy, eBay is my first choice. You’ll get more than trade-in money, and the buying audience is so vast things sell quickly. By looking at SOLD listings you can see exactly what your item is likely to sell for. I’ve sold some odd clubs, shafts, etc. that would have been a nightmare to sell privately. No idea if my experience translates to the UK.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

If you want to keep as much of the money without forking over big percentage to ebay, possible tax headaches depending on state of residence on how money gets reported by PayPal along with PayPal fees and sales tax then join Wrx pay the $35 and sell there 

otherwise Facebook marketplace is the next best option. There’s groups like golf club traders that are good places as well on Facebook 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1