TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Real Rules of Regular Guy Golf

BostonSal

If you drive your ball deeply into the woods, the woods are without question a lateral hazard. They're to the side of you, right?

Take a drop roughly twenty-five yards beyond where the ball may have gone in and play three from there.  Playing two is pushing it. Sorry.

If you accidentally blast your drive right down the middle and it lands in a divot, we all know that this was never intended to happen.  Do NOT lift and place but casually 

push your ball out of the divot with your clubhead.

We all know that grounding the clubhead in a bunker is a big no no.  I have heard little discussion about using a tee, however, so that may be up to interpretation.

If you're looking at a putt that you obviously can make, just pick up your ball.  We're all tying to speed up play a little.

And if your brand new cart bag has fourteen full-length dividers plus a dedicated putter well, who would question that this is permission from the golf gods to bag fifteen clubs?

Regular Guy Golf.         It surpassed the USGA / R&A version some time ago.     We classy MGS types will have no part of it, though.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

10 hours ago, BostonSal said:

Do NOT lift and place but casually 

push your ball out of the divot with your clubhead.

Nope.  Lift, clean if desired, and place the ball with the alignment mark at target.  If you're going to apply Regular Guy golf, do so correctly 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

46 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nope.  Lift, clean if desired, and place the ball with the alignment mark at target.  If you're going to apply Regular Guy golf, do so correctly 🤣.

That's the Civilized Guy version of Regular Guy golf.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Love it

I have certainly played in groups that played by these rules plus many, many more. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

25 minutes ago, revkev said:

Love it

I have certainly played in groups that played by these rules plus many, many more. 🙂

Poking around through archived threads, I have ascertained that revkev means Reverend Kevin.  I think.

I hope that we can enjoy discourse without your Boss setting this secular humanist on fire all of a sudden.

I also ascertain, Rev, that you've got game.  That's a contrast at least as noticeable as the first.

The last remaining living member of my family's previous generation, my dad's baby brother, lives at the Villages.

I can't visit him, however.   Rhonda Santis has a bounty on my Massachusetts head.

Apparently,  exploits from my youth at awesome parties at the Fontainebleau have come to light.

That was MY Florida. The Fontainebleau and the ponies at Hialeah.  

The golf wasn't bad, but I don't know how anybody putts Bermuda.

Perhaps, Rev, you can give me some tips after the statutes of limitations kick in.

Your posts are great.

PS:  May we please have Tom Brady back?

Edited by BostonSal

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

3 hours ago, BostonSal said:

Poking around through archived threads, I have ascertained that revkev means Reverend Kevin.  I think.

I hope that we can enjoy discourse without your Boss setting this secular humanist on fire all of a sudden.

I also ascertain, Rev, that you've got game.  That's a contrast at least as noticeable as the first.

The last remaining living member of my family's previous generation, my dad's baby brother, lives at the Villages.

I can't visit him, however.   Rhonda Santis has a bounty on my Massachusetts head.

Apparently,  exploits from my youth at awesome parties at the Fontainebleau have come to light.

That was MY Florida. The Fontainebleau and the ponies at Hialeah.  

The golf wasn't bad, but I don't know how anybody putts Bermuda.

Perhaps, Rev, you can give me some tips after the statutes of limitations kick in.

Your posts are great.

PS:  May we please have Tom Brady back?

Too funny and too kind. My boss wants me to play nice so you’ll never have an issue with me plus I’ve already been enjoying your posts. 

I’m a New England native but from that state which swings NY’s way sometimes.  

You’ll be happy to learn that most of our courses are transitioning away from Bermuda Greens to heartier grasses that fare better in the winter months. Despite being from the Northeast and the living in the Midwest I found myself a better putter on Bermuda than Poa or Bent - so I’m sad about that transition. 

With Bermuda the ball would always break towards the setting sun. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My favorite, and I know guys who do it, is to drop an out of bounds or lost ball drive at the edge of the fairway - and take a 1 stroke penalty instead of 2. Not sure where that liberty came from. It’s easy to look up rules, but many players don’t…

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules-hub/rules-modernization/major-changes/golfs-new-rules-stroke-and-distance.html

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

image.jpeg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Let's not forget about the re-tee rules.

1. Obvious breakfast ball.  No matter the time/reason.  You get 2 shots on the first tee if you want to use them.

2. If you don't use 2 on first tee, well that is banked for later in the round.

3. If any sound is out of the ordinary (bird chirping, cart passing, mouse fart) and causes you to shank you get free re-shot

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

Golf is a game.  Games are intended to be fun!  If you'd like to play strictly by "The Rules" I'm totally on board; however, I LIKE these rules a lot more, and we'll have a lot more FUN!! 😆

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member