Jump to content

Club Champion Fitting


MemphisTNGolfer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have never been fitted for clubs- always just done a ton of research coupled with good self awareness of my golf swing/misses.  I just decided to book an iron fitting as they are the most inconsistent section of my bag (not necessarily worst, See: PUTTING).  Does anyone have any experience with Club Champion? 

 

Driver 9°= :taylormade-small: M3, Aldilia NV 2KXV Orange Stiff

4 Wood 16.5°= :Sub70: Pro Tour Fairway, UST Proforce v2 Black 6F4

Utility Club 19.5°= :Sub70: 699 Pro Utility Satin, Aldilia NVS 85 Hybrid Graphite

Irons, 4-PW= :taylormade-small: P790 Gen 1, Project X LZ 6.0

Gap 52°=:Sub70: 286 Forged Raw Wedge, Project X LZ 6.0

Sand 56°= :vokey-small: SM7

Lob 60°= :vokey-small: SM7

Putter= :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5

Ball= :titelist-small: Pro V1-X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MemphisTNGolfer said:

I have never been fitted for clubs- always just done a ton of research coupled with good self awareness of my golf swing/misses.  I just decided to book an iron fitting as they are the most inconsistent section of my bag (not necessarily worst, See: PUTTING).  Does anyone have any experience with Club Champion? 

 

Review the comments in the thread below, it may provide some help. I don't have any personal experience.

 

  • Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I may want to reconsider!

Driver 9°= :taylormade-small: M3, Aldilia NV 2KXV Orange Stiff

4 Wood 16.5°= :Sub70: Pro Tour Fairway, UST Proforce v2 Black 6F4

Utility Club 19.5°= :Sub70: 699 Pro Utility Satin, Aldilia NVS 85 Hybrid Graphite

Irons, 4-PW= :taylormade-small: P790 Gen 1, Project X LZ 6.0

Gap 52°=:Sub70: 286 Forged Raw Wedge, Project X LZ 6.0

Sand 56°= :vokey-small: SM7

Lob 60°= :vokey-small: SM7

Putter= :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5

Ball= :titelist-small: Pro V1-X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MemphisTNGolfer said:

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I may want to reconsider!

You don't have to necessarily reconsider.   The biggest thing is that you need to understand their business model and lay out your expectations during the pre fitting interview.  I personally learned a lot from my full bag fitting and think people go into these fittings with wrong expectations and are disappointed.   Some people probably did get bad fittings but I would attribute that to the fitter or as I mentioned people that didn't understand how CC works. 

  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

You don't have to necessarily reconsider.   The biggest thing is that you need to understand their business model and lay out your expectations during the pre fitting interview.  I personally learned a lot from my full bag fitting and think people go into these fittings with wrong expectations and are disappointed.   Some people probably did get bad fittings but I would attribute that to the fitter or as I mentioned people that didn't understand how CC works. 

Exactly. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had good experiences with the Club Champion in Detroit. So far I have done an iron fitting and a putter fitting. Both times I have been really happy with the results. That being said I did not buy from them. The irons it turned out the stock shaft was beat for me (ZX7 with modus 120) and the putter was pretty standard as well

  • Like 1

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...