Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Callaway RAZR Hawk Tour driver vs Titleist 910 D3 driver

jonyim

Everyone is going to tell you to get fit, so I'll get that out the way first.

My personal preference is for the Titleist. I don't care for Callaway drivers (just never found one that I've gotten on with). Also, the Titleist gives you a number of good "stock" shaft options, so you can have a few choices without paying upcharges.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Up until recently, I've never been a fan of Callaway drivers, like Matt. The Razr Hawk is different for me, though. This is the first composite driver I actually like the feel and sound of. I find the feel very solid and stable. Plus, it doesn't sound like a tin can at impact. It's as hot as anything I've tried and has a mid launch and low spin. I found it to be a little hotter, and with less spin, than the D3. As for the shaft, I love the RIP low spin shaft that comes stock. It's a great shaft. So for me, it's great. I do fight the high spin balloon ball, though. So keep that in mind. You can't go wrong, either way, as long as you get fitted with the right shaft. Both are great clubs.

The new RAZR FIT looks really good. I'd look at that if I was in the market ... and the Bridgestone (looks really good) and perhaps the 380cc Yonex just for fun.

I play a 909 D3 with Miyazaki Kusala Black and I love the combo. I can't imagine anything performing better. The black face with a black crown looks great and the sound is good. It's very workable as far as ball height for me. Tee it low for low shots into the wind and tee it high for going over trees.

IMO the 909D3 at a discounted price since they've been out for sometime, or if money is not a concern the RAZR FIT.

I spy with my little eye something...

Archived