Chrome Softs Sold Out For 2021

Golfspy_CG2

I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, how we will soon be seeing widespread golf ball shortages.   Well looks like the first shoe to drop has.  Callaway has announced, it is sold out of Chrome Soft for the rest of 2021.  They are not taking any more orders, and hoope to be able to fulfill as many existing orders as they can.

In a related note, they also mentioned they are also sold out of 2 Ball Ten and 3 models of the OG White Hot putter for the rest of the year as well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, how we will soon be seeing widespread golf ball shortages.   Well looks like the first shoe to drop has.  Callaway has announced, it is sold out of Chrome Soft for the rest of 2021.  They are not taking any more orders, and hoope to be able to fulfill as many existing orders as they can.

In a related note, they also mentioned they are also sold out of 2 Ball Ten and 3 models of the OG White Hot putter for the rest of the year as well. 

Agreed, I have been ordering what I have needed the past couple weeks for next year. Hope to have enough to not place an order next year, there likely won't be any season opener deals next year. Will be lucky if there aren't any price hikes

• Like 1

If people are still looking for a Chrome Soft alternative, you can buy the Chromesoft Xout version on Amazon yet for $25/dozen. Usually only 1-2/dozen that doesn't look close to perfect on the exterior.

• Like 1

Start the purge of golf balls ! 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

And so it begins…. 

Something we're not likely to hear about with Kirkland Signature+... just sayin.  Who is next do you suppose?  Presumably it is a materials shortage with the CS; which begs the question which of their other models might use the same material and be next?  Tony mentioned ionomer inventory being the primary issue.  I'm now making the connection with the "What's your favorite Urethane Ball? thread 😆

• Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

And there goes the first domino. Not being able to get the materials to make the surlyn is going to make this worse 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’m going to start boarding AVX’s and ProV1’s.  For when my shoulder heals next year I’ll have golf balls while everyone else is diving in the ponds for refurbished balls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Something we're not likely to hear about with Kirkland Signature+... just sayin.  Who is next do you suppose?  Presumably it is a materials shortage with the CS; which begs the question which of their other models might use the same material and be next?  Tony mentioned ionomer inventory being the primary issue.  I'm now making the connection with the "What's your favorite Urethane Ball? thread 😆

Multilayer urethane balls use ionomer for the mantle layers so if that is the problem we will likely see shortages across the board.

Edited by storm319
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

:titelist-small:  915D3

:titelist-small:  909F2

:titelist-small:  690.CB

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5

:ping-small:  iWi D66

Great, just like the run on toilet paper…nice to know we can count on some to make things worse for others by hoarding.

• Like 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

This sucks because Callaway was killing it this year as ball sales jumped 51% for them and many other areas of their golf business jumped even more. 

Golf equipment

Revenue increased 91% year-over-year and 37% compared to second quarter 2019 pre-pandemic levels, driven by the continued surge in golf demand and participation, successful launch of the new EPIC line of woods and APEX line of irons and the continued success of the Chrome Soft line of golf balls, as compared to the Company's operations and golf retail being significantly impacted by restrictions and shutdowns due to the pandemic for the majority of the second quarter of 2020

Both the golf club and golf ball products saw significant growth year-over-year, with golf club sales increasing 105% and golf ball sales increasing 51%

Segment operating income increased 236% due to the increased revenue, operating expense leverage and favorable foreign currency exchange rates

Golf is cool

Too late to fire up the old Top Flite machines in their MA factories?

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

With the way I lose balls, I'm glad I still have at least 6 doz in my closet!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

I just spoke to Callaway CS and they are NOT sold out for 2021.....misinformation is out there.....

the CS LS ball is in stock as well. 

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

I just spoke to Callaway CS and they are NOT sold out for 2021.....misinformation is out there.....

Considering the person who started the thread works in sales at a golf course I wouldn’t be calling what he stated mis information.

I also have a friend who is close to the Callaway team and rep who told me the samething after he confirmed it with a rep

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

FWIW, I was at Golf Galaxy last night and they were very well stocked in CS, CSX, and CS LS... maybe a way to start a "run" on the '21 stock before they have to mark down the prices when the '22 balls come in?  Half kidding there.     But..... no Left Dash to be found.

• PXG 0811X Proto Driver - Evenflow Riptide 60
  • PXG 0311 Proto 3W - Evenflow Riptide 60
  • Mizuno MP68 3-PW DGS300
  • Nike V-Forged 52 &56
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty Black 61
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter 
  • Snell MTB-X and Snell MTB Black

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Did you miss the part about not taking any more orders?   That doesn't account for what they have in stock for remaining web retail sales, which according to my information is not much.  

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12