TESTERS WANTED! ×

Chrome Softs Sold Out For 2021

Golfspy_CG2

I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, how we will soon be seeing widespread golf ball shortages.   Well looks like the first shoe to drop has.  Callaway has announced, it is sold out of Chrome Soft for the rest of 2021.  They are not taking any more orders, and hoope to be able to fulfill as many existing orders as they can.

In a related note, they also mentioned they are also sold out of 2 Ball Ten and 3 models of the OG White Hot putter for the rest of the year as well. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, how we will soon be seeing widespread golf ball shortages.   Well looks like the first shoe to drop has.  Callaway has announced, it is sold out of Chrome Soft for the rest of 2021.  They are not taking any more orders, and hoope to be able to fulfill as many existing orders as they can.

In a related note, they also mentioned they are also sold out of 2 Ball Ten and 3 models of the OG White Hot putter for the rest of the year as well. 

Agreed, I have been ordering what I have needed the past couple weeks for next year. Hope to have enough to not place an order next year, there likely won't be any season opener deals next year. Will be lucky if there aren't any price hikes

Start the purge of golf balls ! 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

And so it begins…. 

Something we're not likely to hear about with Kirkland Signature+... just sayin.  Who is next do you suppose?  Presumably it is a materials shortage with the CS; which begs the question which of their other models might use the same material and be next?  Tony mentioned ionomer inventory being the primary issue.  I'm now making the connection with the "What's your favorite Urethane Ball? thread 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

And there goes the first domino. Not being able to get the materials to make the surlyn is going to make this worse 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Something we're not likely to hear about with Kirkland Signature+... just sayin.  Who is next do you suppose?  Presumably it is a materials shortage with the CS; which begs the question which of their other models might use the same material and be next?  Tony mentioned ionomer inventory being the primary issue.  I'm now making the connection with the "What's your favorite Urethane Ball? thread 😆

Multilayer urethane balls use ionomer for the mantle layers so if that is the problem we will likely see shortages across the board.

Edited by storm319

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

Great, just like the run on toilet paper…nice to know we can count on some to make things worse for others by hoarding.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

This sucks because Callaway was killing it this year as ball sales jumped 51% for them and many other areas of their golf business jumped even more. 

Golf equipment

Revenue increased 91% year-over-year and 37% compared to second quarter 2019 pre-pandemic levels, driven by the continued surge in golf demand and participation, successful launch of the new EPIC line of woods and APEX line of irons and the continued success of the Chrome Soft line of golf balls, as compared to the Company's operations and golf retail being significantly impacted by restrictions and shutdowns due to the pandemic for the majority of the second quarter of 2020

Both the golf club and golf ball products saw significant growth year-over-year, with golf club sales increasing 105% and golf ball sales increasing 51%

Segment operating income increased 236% due to the increased revenue, operating expense leverage and favorable foreign currency exchange rates

Golf is cool

Too late to fire up the old Top Flite machines in their MA factories?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

With the way I lose balls, I'm glad I still have at least 6 doz in my closet!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

I just spoke to Callaway CS and they are NOT sold out for 2021.....misinformation is out there.....

the CS LS ball is in stock as well. 

Considering the person who started the thread works in sales at a golf course I wouldn’t be calling what he stated mis information.

I also have a friend who is close to the Callaway team and rep who told me the samething after he confirmed it with a rep

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

FWIW, I was at Golf Galaxy last night and they were very well stocked in CS, CSX, and CS LS... maybe a way to start a "run" on the '21 stock before they have to mark down the prices when the '22 balls come in?  Half kidding there.     But..... no Left Dash to be found.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

I just spoke to Callaway CS and they are NOT sold out for 2021.....misinformation is out there.....

the CS LS ball is in stock as well. 

Did you miss the part about not taking any more orders?   That doesn't account for what they have in stock for remaining web retail sales, which according to my information is not much.  

8 hours ago, Londo said:

FWIW, Chromesofts are available on the website again, however it says availability is 2-3 weeks out

Their website is worthless though.  I've had an Epic Max with the MMT 60 on order for almost a month now and it said 1-2 weeks (and still does) when I ordered but the shaft actually won't be in stock to fulfill orders until January 2022.  

16 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Their website is worthless though.  I've had an Epic Max with the MMT 60 on order for almost a month now and it said 1-2 weeks (and still does) when I ordered but the shaft actually won't be in stock to fulfill orders until January 2022.  

There was also a case earlier this year or maybe last year where someone ordered some balls from the website and they kept promising they were going to be back in stock, and they never were.  I know this because he posted here it seems every week to complain about it 🙂     I don't know if he ever got his order or what...ha

Will need to check my FBS (found ball stock) to see what the current level of CS along with ProV-1, TP5, etc.  I have been averaging 2-3 found balls per round of late, most are in plain view - think folks don’t care to look for them.  On the story about Callaway and their not taking new orders, I am not surprised.  The current climate is such that all markets are seeing material shortages.  I suspect we will see long lead times all across the industry for some time.

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

@golfspy_cg2

What is your source that Chrome Soft will soon be sold out?  Can you provide a link?  I cannot find any corroborating news articles...

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

Maybe people have forgotten all the  terrible balls made in North Carolina "their new multimillion dollar plant" quality control was mostly asleep. They had to shut the plant down for a good while and get them from country's ie Korea and etc.

I Would Not play another cally ball....

13 minutes ago, RATOUR7 said:

Maybe people have forgotten all the  terrible balls made in North Carolina "their new multimillion dollar plant" quality control was mostly asleep. They had to shut the plant down for a good while and get them from country's ie Korea and etc.

I Would Not play another cally ball....

The only US based ball plants are in Massachusetts (Callaway & Acushnet), Georgia (Bridgestone), and South Carolina (Taylormade). Additionally, Callaway’s Chromesoft line and ERC Soft are currently produced in their Chicopee, MA and nowhere else. Their other ionomer offerings are outsourced to Foremost in Taiwan which may be part of the reason for the recent shortages of Supersofts.

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

On 9/9/2021 at 6:10 PM, fixyurdivot said:

It isn’t just component material. Callie likely has X capacity and demand may have outstripped that.  Stores have stock but personal orders are closed.  I’ve had difficulty finding Velocity in white and Pro V1x in yellow.  The joy of a surge in golf combined with production issues during a pandemic. 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

Started keeping the undamaged, fresh looking current version Pro V1s I find on the course as opposed to giving them to others. 

Thinking if there is a real ball shortage, I may run out of my Srixon Z Stars. At least I will have a few dozen nice Pro V1s in reserve. 🤣

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

18 hours ago, Finky999 said:

@golfspy_cg2

What is your source that Chrome Soft will soon be sold out?  Can you provide a link?  I cannot find any corroborating news articles...

Direct communication from Callaway. It was not a published anywhere.