TESTERS WANTED! ×

Chrome Softs Sold Out For 2021

Golfspy_CG2

On 9/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Considering the person who started the thread works in sales at a golf course I wouldn’t be calling what he stated mis information.

I also have a friend who is close to the Callaway team and rep who told me the samething after he confirmed it with a rep

i guess those guys had incorrect info.  no big deal either way

Golf is cool

On 9/10/2021 at 5:01 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Did you miss the part about not taking any more orders?   That doesn't account for what they have in stock for remaining web retail sales, which according to my information is not much.  

as i stated, the CS rep said this is not the case.  Just passing info along and i just ordered CSX and the order was shipped on Friday. 

i guess time will tell 

Golf is cool

7 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

i guess those guys had incorrect info.  no big deal either way

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

as i stated, the CS rep said this is not the case.  Just passing info along and i just ordered CSX and the order was shipped on Friday. 

i guess time will tell 

As you can see one of them for it directly from Callaway which would be hard to say they are wrong.

A friend of a friend had CSX LS yellow order cancelled the other day because there’s no inventory 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

As you can see one of them for it directly from Callaway which would be hard to say they are wrong.

A friend of a friend had CSX LS yellow order cancelled the other day because there’s no inventory 

its crazy because Its lining up to be like many other orders with inaccurate lead times and cancellations......obviously the supply chain is having major disruptions for us to even be discussing it but i can only tell you what was told to me last week.  I had an issue with Titleist a while back with info from one CS rep to another and there seems to be huge consistency issues from a "public message" standpoint. messages from rep to rep seem to be vastly different. 

like i said, time will tell but i did have some csx shipped (these were in stock)

Golf is cool

DSG by me had zero boxes of CS on shelf Saturday night in any color or combo. Just an empty shelf 7’ tall by 8’ wide. All three courses i played this week had no golf balls for sale except pinnacle. Said no Callway or Titleist balls till next year, hopefully. Bridgestone possibly before season end. 🤷‍♂️ Also, no golf towels…. 

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

6 hours ago, Tsecor said:

as i stated, the CS rep said this is not the case. 

... Unless you have a personal relationship with any OEM Rep, they are usually the last to know anything. And that is by design because they can't restock store shelves with 2021 drivers if they knew a discount was coming in 2 weeks or the announcement of the new driver was just a few weeks away. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Unless you have a personal relationship with any OEM Rep, they are usually the last to know anything. And that is by design because they can't restock store shelves with 2021 drivers if they knew a discount was coming in 2 weeks or the announcement of the new driver was just a few weeks away. 

This is Callaway CS.....not an OEM salesperson or anything like that. Just a rep on the phone when i ordered my CSX

Golf is cool

The golf course I marshall at ordered 72 dozen Chrome Soft Friday and we received shipping notice today.  Orders were placed for all Callaway golf  balls Friday and we were told that we would receive all golf balls from the factory by the end of this week.  I will update when they come in.  If we are shorted or back ordered, I will let you know.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

I'm working on hitting my irons higher so I can get those Pinnacles to stop quicker.

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

5 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This is Callaway CS.....not an OEM salesperson or anything like that. Just a rep on the phone when i ordered my CSX

Inconsistent messaging from CS at should not be a surprise considering that it is likely among the lowest paid roles (assuming they are even directly employed given that many companies outsource CS). Additionally sales reps are not as informed as you would expect (many times tour seeding and conforming list pics leak well before most sales reps see anything). Basically I would take anything you hear from CS or a local sales rep with a grain of salt. 

Keep in mind that internal communication at large companies tends to be a struggle even during the best of times and this pandemic has been even worse in this respect. 

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

23 minutes ago, storm319 said:

Inconsistent messaging from CS at should not be a surprise considering that it is likely among the lowest paid roles (assuming they are even directly employed given that many companies outsource CS). Additionally sales reps are not as informed as you would expect (many times tour seeding and conforming list pics leak well before most sales reps see anything). Basically I would take anything you hear from CS or a local sales rep with a grain of salt. 

Keep in mind that internal communication at large companies tends to be a struggle even during the best of times and this pandemic has been even worse in this respect. 

Having had a conversation with some ping guys they rotate thru CS/internal sales, repair and fitting. They have do some CS only and repair only staff and from what I gathered the CS is like you said. They don’t always have the latest info and as we’ve seen in several posts there are times when CS for some brands is subpar 

I have a buddy who is a rep and know several reps from most of the brands fit this area. They tend to be a little behind on info compared to forum members. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, storm319 said:

True story.  My head pro snd I were sitting with our rep from one of the Big 5 two weeks ago.    The Head Pro asked about a rumored club coming up.  The rep said, “I honestly don’t know anything about it.   But I promise you, he —nodding at me—will know about it before I do.  That’s a fact. He has access to people I don’t”.   🤣🤣

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, storm319 said:

nobody is talking about sales reps......not sure how that became the source here

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

nobody is talking about sales reps......not sure how that became the source here

You quoted him saying a customer service rep to say you aren’t talking about sales rep.

His comment about the sales rep was an additional comment to further explain that they also lack a lot of knowledge about what’s going on in general until they are told.

We have a person who works in sales for a golf course that was told directly by the company that they aren’t taking any more orders for 2021. That is direct information. A customer service rep who doesn’t deal with inside/outside sales isn’t going to have that information. They are low paid employees there too answer basic question or file claims. Using them as a source over direct communication from a company to one of their accounts is where the truth is.

After all you should know that customer service reps don’t have information based on your experience with Titleist new release 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You quoted him saying a customer service rep to say you aren’t talking about sales rep.

His comment about the sales rep was an additional comment to further explain that they also lack a lot of knowledge about what’s going on in general until they are told.

We have a person who works in sales for a golf course that was told directly by the company that they aren’t taking any more orders for 2021. That is direct information. A customer service rep who doesn’t deal with inside/outside sales isn’t going to have that information. They are low paid employees there too answer basic question or file claims. Using them as a source over direct communication from a company to one of their accounts is where the truth is.

After all you should know that customer service reps don’t have information based on your experience with Titleist new release 

I think the Titleist issue was completely different, intentional i would call it, which is why it aggravated me so much. 

order are still going through for balls so it seems info is changing by the day if not the hour.  

Golf is cool

2 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I think the Titleist issue was completely different, intentional i would call it, which is why it aggravated me so much. 

order are still going through for balls so it seems info is changing by the day if not the hour.  

Intentional when it goes against you like titleist but fact when it benefits you like with Callaway. Got it.

Anyone not working internal/external sales that answers the customer service number is way behind on actual information. They may be allowing customers to place orders for a dozen, or a coupe but they aren’t taking orders for their accounts anymore and that’s what @Golfspy_CG2 was alluding to

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Intentional when it goes against you like titleist but fact when it benefits you like with Callaway. Got it.

Anyone not working internal/external sales that answers the customer service number is way behind on actual information. They may be allowing customers to place orders for a dozen, or a coupe but they aren’t taking orders for their accounts anymore and that’s what @Golfspy_CG2 was alluding to

ummmm  no......but feel free to try and start drama elsewhere, Not having it. That comment is unnecessary. 

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

ummmm  no......but feel free to try and start drama elsewhere, Not having it. That comment is unnecessary. 

Not trying to stay drama just pointing out flaws in your statements 

giphy.gif.11ab34ccc0fa8046183dc9e214b3e8db.gif

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I don't ever remember anything like this before.   

Not in the surlyn / balata era. 

Not in the surlyn / urethane era.

Maybe in the WWII era just before I was born, but I was playing so little golf back then that I can't remember.

What are the causes assumed?

Are they assumed to be temporary or the new normal?

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Well most everyone here has never lived through a worldwide pandemic before.  So sure lots of things we haven’t encountered previously. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, Tsecor said:

I just heard Callaway is abandoning the Chromesoft line??? Is that true????

By “just heard” do you mean read a speculative post by a random person on the internet?

Keep in mind the the current generation has come to the end of its product cycle for which production would be discontinued around this time under normal conditions. The big difference with this transition will be the inventory gap due to the current climate (low supply + high demand brought on by the pandemic), granted the season is coming to an end in much of the country so we are entering into a period of lower demand anyways. 

As for a potential rebranding, the WRX post was ambiguous without any actual information other than current production has halted which aligns with what this OP stated. My guess is that WRX user heard this from a local sales rep which should be taken with a grain of salt given that it is highly unlikely that reps would have any actual info on a new product that isn’t set to launch for 5 or 6 months. If Callaway does decide to rebrand, it won’t be due to the current line exceeding sales expectations. 

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

39 minutes ago, storm319 said:

By “just heard” do you mean read a speculative post by a random person on the internet?

Keep in mind the the current generation has come to the end of its product cycle for which production would be discontinued around this time under normal conditions. The big difference with this transition will be the inventory gap due to the current climate (low supply + high demand brought on by the pandemic), granted the season is coming to an end in much of the country so we are entering into a period of lower demand anyways. 

As for a potential rebranding, the WRX post was ambiguous without any actual information other than current production has halted which aligns with what this OP stated. My guess is that WRX user heard this from a local sales rep which should be taken with a grain of salt given that it is highly unlikely that reps would have any actual info on a new product that isn’t set to launch for 5 or 6 months. If Callaway does decide to rebrand, it won’t be due to the current line exceeding sales expectations. 

The guy stated he had a contact of some sort but yea, its a random guy......

to me everythinig is just thoughts and speculation which i why i threw this out there to see if anyone had REAL info.....i guess only time will tell.....

Golf is cool