Chrome Softs Sold Out For 2021

Golfspy_CG2

8 hours ago, Londo said:

FWIW, Chromesofts are available on the website again, however it says availability is 2-3 weeks out

Their website is worthless though.  I've had an Epic Max with the MMT 60 on order for almost a month now and it said 1-2 weeks (and still does) when I ordered but the shaft actually won't be in stock to fulfill orders until January 2022.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Their website is worthless though.  I've had an Epic Max with the MMT 60 on order for almost a month now and it said 1-2 weeks (and still does) when I ordered but the shaft actually won't be in stock to fulfill orders until January 2022.  

There was also a case earlier this year or maybe last year where someone ordered some balls from the website and they kept promising they were going to be back in stock, and they never were.  I know this because he posted here it seems every week to complain about it 🙂     I don't know if he ever got his order or what...ha

• Haha 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

So lady precept next year for everyone? 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

Will need to check my FBS (found ball stock) to see what the current level of CS along with ProV-1, TP5, etc.  I have been averaging 2-3 found balls per round of late, most are in plain view - think folks don’t care to look for them.  On the story about Callaway and their not taking new orders, I am not surprised.  The current climate is such that all markets are seeing material shortages.  I suspect we will see long lead times all across the industry for some time.

WITB? :taylormade-small:10.5deg SLDR (R flex),  :taylormade-small:3HL/17 SLDR Series (R flex),:taylormade-small: 5/19 SLDR Series (R flex), :taylormade-small: 4h/22 SLDR Series (R flex), :callaway-small: DIablo graphite shaft irons (5 (R flex), 6-PW (A flex)), :cleveland-small: CBX 50, 54,& 58 wedges - graphite, :odyssey-small: White Iron 5 putter.   

@golfspy_cg2

What is your source that Chrome Soft will soon be sold out?  Can you provide a link?  I cannot find any corroborating news articles...

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

Maybe people have forgotten all the  terrible balls made in North Carolina "their new multimillion dollar plant" quality control was mostly asleep. They had to shut the plant down for a good while and get them from country's ie Korea and etc.

I Would Not play another cally ball....

13 minutes ago, RATOUR7 said:

Maybe people have forgotten all the  terrible balls made in North Carolina "their new multimillion dollar plant" quality control was mostly asleep. They had to shut the plant down for a good while and get them from country's ie Korea and etc.

I Would Not play another cally ball....

The only US based ball plants are in Massachusetts (Callaway & Acushnet), Georgia (Bridgestone), and South Carolina (Taylormade). Additionally, Callaway’s Chromesoft line and ERC Soft are currently produced in their Chicopee, MA and nowhere else. Their other ionomer offerings are outsourced to Foremost in Taiwan which may be part of the reason for the recent shortages of Supersofts.

• Like 1

:titelist-small:  915D3

:titelist-small:  909F2

:titelist-small:  690.CB

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5

:ping-small:  iWi D66

On 9/9/2021 at 6:10 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Something we're not likely to hear about with Kirkland Signature+... just sayin.  Who is next do you suppose?  Presumably it is a materials shortage with the CS; which begs the question which of their other models might use the same material and be next?  Tony mentioned ionomer inventory being the primary issue.  I'm now making the connection with the "What's your favorite Urethane Ball? thread 😆

It isn’t just component material. Callie likely has X capacity and demand may have outstripped that.  Stores have stock but personal orders are closed.  I’ve had difficulty finding Velocity in white and Pro V1x in yellow.  The joy of a surge in golf combined with production issues during a pandemic. 

Started keeping the undamaged, fresh looking current version Pro V1s I find on the course as opposed to giving them to others. 

Thinking if there is a real ball shortage, I may run out of my Srixon Z Stars. At least I will have a few dozen nice Pro V1s in reserve. 🤣

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  917 F2 16.5 3W Diamana 60  Reg

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff 

:titelist-small:  4 iron 716 AP2 - DG 300 AMT Reg

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - DG S300 Stiff

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2

:srixon-small: Z-Star 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png 

:Arccos: Official MGS Tester 2021

18 hours ago, Finky999 said:

@golfspy_cg2

What is your source that Chrome Soft will soon be sold out?  Can you provide a link?  I cannot find any corroborating news articles...

Direct communication from Callaway. It was not a published anywhere. 

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

DSG was very low on Callaway balls in general today. Lots of BS and Maxfli 😜

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

On 9/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Considering the person who started the thread works in sales at a golf course I wouldn’t be calling what he stated mis information.

I also have a friend who is close to the Callaway team and rep who told me the samething after he confirmed it with a rep

i guess those guys had incorrect info.  no big deal either way

Golf is cool

On 9/10/2021 at 5:01 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Did you miss the part about not taking any more orders?   That doesn't account for what they have in stock for remaining web retail sales, which according to my information is not much.  

as i stated, the CS rep said this is not the case.  Just passing info along and i just ordered CSX and the order was shipped on Friday. 

i guess time will tell 

Golf is cool

7 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

i guess those guys had incorrect info.  no big deal either way

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

as i stated, the CS rep said this is not the case.  Just passing info along and i just ordered CSX and the order was shipped on Friday. 

i guess time will tell 

As you can see one of them for it directly from Callaway which would be hard to say they are wrong.

A friend of a friend had CSX LS yellow order cancelled the other day because there’s no inventory 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

As you can see one of them for it directly from Callaway which would be hard to say they are wrong.

A friend of a friend had CSX LS yellow order cancelled the other day because there’s no inventory 

its crazy because Its lining up to be like many other orders with inaccurate lead times and cancellations......obviously the supply chain is having major disruptions for us to even be discussing it but i can only tell you what was told to me last week.  I had an issue with Titleist a while back with info from one CS rep to another and there seems to be huge consistency issues from a "public message" standpoint. messages from rep to rep seem to be vastly different. 

like i said, time will tell but i did have some csx shipped (these were in stock)

Golf is cool

DSG by me had zero boxes of CS on shelf Saturday night in any color or combo. Just an empty shelf 7’ tall by 8’ wide. All three courses i played this week had no golf balls for sale except pinnacle. Said no Callway or Titleist balls till next year, hopefully. Bridgestone possibly before season end. 🤷‍♂️ Also, no golf towels…. 

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

6 hours ago, Tsecor said:

as i stated, the CS rep said this is not the case. 

... Unless you have a personal relationship with any OEM Rep, they are usually the last to know anything. And that is by design because they can't restock store shelves with 2021 drivers if they knew a discount was coming in 2 weeks or the announcement of the new driver was just a few weeks away. 

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Unless you have a personal relationship with any OEM Rep, they are usually the last to know anything. And that is by design because they can't restock store shelves with 2021 drivers if they knew a discount was coming in 2 weeks or the announcement of the new driver was just a few weeks away. 

This is Callaway CS.....not an OEM salesperson or anything like that. Just a rep on the phone when i ordered my CSX

Golf is cool

The golf course I marshall at ordered 72 dozen Chrome Soft Friday and we received shipping notice today.  Orders were placed for all Callaway golf  balls Friday and we were told that we would receive all golf balls from the factory by the end of this week.  I will update when they come in.  If we are shorted or back ordered, I will let you know.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

I'm working on hitting my irons higher so I can get those Pinnacles to stop quicker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer