Chrome Softs Sold Out For 2021

Golfspy_CG2

5 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This is Callaway CS.....not an OEM salesperson or anything like that. Just a rep on the phone when i ordered my CSX

Inconsistent messaging from CS at should not be a surprise considering that it is likely among the lowest paid roles (assuming they are even directly employed given that many companies outsource CS). Additionally sales reps are not as informed as you would expect (many times tour seeding and conforming list pics leak well before most sales reps see anything). Basically I would take anything you hear from CS or a local sales rep with a grain of salt. 

Keep in mind that internal communication at large companies tends to be a struggle even during the best of times and this pandemic has been even worse in this respect. 

• Like 3

:titelist-small:  915D3

:titelist-small:  909F2

:titelist-small:  690.CB

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5

:ping-small:  iWi D66

23 minutes ago, storm319 said:

Inconsistent messaging from CS at should not be a surprise considering that it is likely among the lowest paid roles (assuming they are even directly employed given that many companies outsource CS). Additionally sales reps are not as informed as you would expect (many times tour seeding and conforming list pics leak well before most sales reps see anything). Basically I would take anything you hear from CS or a local sales rep with a grain of salt. 

Keep in mind that internal communication at large companies tends to be a struggle even during the best of times and this pandemic has been even worse in this respect. 

Having had a conversation with some ping guys they rotate thru CS/internal sales, repair and fitting. They have do some CS only and repair only staff and from what I gathered the CS is like you said. They don’t always have the latest info and as we’ve seen in several posts there are times when CS for some brands is subpar 

I have a buddy who is a rep and know several reps from most of the brands fit this area. They tend to be a little behind on info compared to forum members. 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, storm319 said:

True story.  My head pro snd I were sitting with our rep from one of the Big 5 two weeks ago.    The Head Pro asked about a rumored club coming up.  The rep said, “I honestly don’t know anything about it.   But I promise you, he —nodding at me—will know about it before I do.  That’s a fact. He has access to people I don’t”.   🤣🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

10 hours ago, storm319 said:

nobody is talking about sales reps......not sure how that became the source here

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

nobody is talking about sales reps......not sure how that became the source here

You quoted him saying a customer service rep to say you aren’t talking about sales rep.

His comment about the sales rep was an additional comment to further explain that they also lack a lot of knowledge about what’s going on in general until they are told.

We have a person who works in sales for a golf course that was told directly by the company that they aren’t taking any more orders for 2021. That is direct information. A customer service rep who doesn’t deal with inside/outside sales isn’t going to have that information. They are low paid employees there too answer basic question or file claims. Using them as a source over direct communication from a company to one of their accounts is where the truth is.

After all you should know that customer service reps don’t have information based on your experience with Titleist new release 

• Like 1

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You quoted him saying a customer service rep to say you aren’t talking about sales rep.

His comment about the sales rep was an additional comment to further explain that they also lack a lot of knowledge about what’s going on in general until they are told.

We have a person who works in sales for a golf course that was told directly by the company that they aren’t taking any more orders for 2021. That is direct information. A customer service rep who doesn’t deal with inside/outside sales isn’t going to have that information. They are low paid employees there too answer basic question or file claims. Using them as a source over direct communication from a company to one of their accounts is where the truth is.

After all you should know that customer service reps don’t have information based on your experience with Titleist new release 

I think the Titleist issue was completely different, intentional i would call it, which is why it aggravated me so much. 

order are still going through for balls so it seems info is changing by the day if not the hour.  

Golf is cool

2 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I think the Titleist issue was completely different, intentional i would call it, which is why it aggravated me so much. 

order are still going through for balls so it seems info is changing by the day if not the hour.  

Intentional when it goes against you like titleist but fact when it benefits you like with Callaway. Got it.

Anyone not working internal/external sales that answers the customer service number is way behind on actual information. They may be allowing customers to place orders for a dozen, or a coupe but they aren’t taking orders for their accounts anymore and that’s what @Golfspy_CG2 was alluding to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Intentional when it goes against you like titleist but fact when it benefits you like with Callaway. Got it.

Anyone not working internal/external sales that answers the customer service number is way behind on actual information. They may be allowing customers to place orders for a dozen, or a coupe but they aren’t taking orders for their accounts anymore and that’s what @Golfspy_CG2 was alluding to

ummmm  no......but feel free to try and start drama elsewhere, Not having it. That comment is unnecessary. 

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

ummmm  no......but feel free to try and start drama elsewhere, Not having it. That comment is unnecessary. 

Not trying to stay drama just pointing out flaws in your statements 

• Like 1

giphy.gif.11ab34ccc0fa8046183dc9e214b3e8db.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR/XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1 laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review

I don't ever remember anything like this before.   

Not in the surlyn / balata era. 

Not in the surlyn / urethane era.

Maybe in the WWII era just before I was born, but I was playing so little golf back then that I can't remember.

What are the causes assumed?

Are they assumed to be temporary or the new normal?

Well most everyone here has never lived through a worldwide pandemic before.  So sure lots of things we haven’t encountered previously. 

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12