TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shrink the Game.

Shankster

Ok, am I the only one noticing a very bad trend? We’ve been talking about it for a few months.  Golf courses seem to be full more often, clubs are sold out/shipping delays, no more chrome softs… price increases…

Is anyone not in the golf business enjoying this? 

Golf is slow as it is. Growing the game never made any sense to me.  For kids, yes let’s Grow it… but I’m ready for the game to shrink some.

You don’t see fishermen giving out their secret spots…

Fire away.

I think what's going on right now is still being driven by Covid. I'm not seeing more golfers, just more bodies on the course. Can't go to a bar? Skittish about being inside with friends? Well, it'll cost us a little more, but we can drink here! I think I got my dad's clubs somewhere, Kirklands are cheap, let's go pound some claws brah.  It's that crowd. I think a lot of these bodies will cycle back to their usual routine next year, fingers crossed were finally through this.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

This trend stinks. It is all COVID driven.

Courses are full because golf is one of the sports that remained open for the most part and there are no crowds and easy to social distance.

Clubs are in short supply partly due to the amount of people getting into golf at the same time.

Shipping delays are due to material and labor shortages. The government raised unemployment benefits and gave out stimulus checks which gave the lazies a reason to stay home and not work. Not enough dock workers has dramatically reduced the volume of ships getting into the harbors. I don't think I have ever seen so many places with help wanted signs out in my life.

Of course price increases are just people taking advantage of supply and demand.

To a small extent I saw this at my golf club. Covid = single rider carts. Let's now charge for carts since we have to charge them up more often because more are going out. Carts were included prior to 2020.  Once we went back to allowing two per cart they didn't remove the cart fee. Hey we made x amount this year on carts. Let's keep the extra revenue coming in. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

32 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

This trend stinks. It is all COVID driven.

Courses are full because golf is one of the sports that remained open for the most part and there are no crowds and easy to social distance.

Clubs are in short supply partly due to the amount of people getting into golf at the same time.

Shipping delays are due to material and labor shortages. The government raised unemployment benefits and gave out stimulus checks which gave the lazies a reason to stay home and not work. Not enough dock workers has dramatically reduced the volume of ships getting into the harbors. I don't think I have ever seen so many places with help wanted signs out in my life.

Of course price increases are just people taking advantage of supply and demand.

To a small extent I saw this at my golf club. Covid = single rider carts. Let's now charge for carts since we have to charge them up more often because more are going out. Carts were included prior to 2020.  Once we went back to allowing two per cart they didn't remove the cart fee. Hey we made x amount this year on carts. Let's keep the extra revenue coming in. 

Heck you didn’t have cart fees before these last two years??? We’ve had them for years here I save nearly $10 a round by walking

Everyone talks about the need to grow the game and how ruling bodies, tour organizers, pro golfers need to do their part to grow the game.

The game sees a boom and people complain. 

I have no issues with the growth, the amount of people or lack of products. I can wait out order times, have balls without being considered hoarding. I don’t play courses that have had pace of play issues before last year so wait times dont impact me. Haven’t had trouble getting a tee time. May not always be my optimal choice for time but that’s just a minor inconvenience 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Heck you didn’t have cart fees before these last two years??? We’ve had them for years here I save nearly $10 a round by walking

Never had cart fees before. I'm not complaining about the new cart fees it's only $6.00. It's more the way it was introduced. Blame the pandemic which is justified then when you allow two to a cart again you still keep it n place. Plus they raised guest fees by $5.00 because more people were coming out to play with members. So in my opinion it is taking advantage of a pandemic to increase your profits. 

I'm on a mountain type course walking is difficult. Every hole has elevation changes and I mean every hole. You can walk it and I have done it but I prefer not to. An old back injury prevents me from carrying. I use a three wheel on occasion but pushing or dragging it up the hills is rough. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Shrink the game?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47k8f7xv1tnquycm3d7h

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yes.  I guess everyone likes parking lots and lack of equipment.  That’s fine.  

Have you seen the uptick in ridiculous Instagram accounts of the bunker jumping, and generally acting like a Jack wagon on the course…

I can do without all of that, and this “boom”… 

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Never had cart fees before. I'm not complaining about the new cart fees it's only $6.00. It's more the way it was introduced. Blame the pandemic which is justified then when you allow two to a cart again you still keep it n place. Plus they raised guest fees by $5.00 because more people were coming out to play with members. So in my opinion it is taking advantage of a pandemic to increase your profits. 

I'm on a mountain type course walking is difficult. Every hole has elevation changes and I mean every hole. You can walk it and I have done it but I prefer not to. An old back injury prevents me from carrying. I use a three wheel on occasion but pushing or dragging it up the hills is rough. 

Never let a crisis go to waste...

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I'm genuinely embarrassed at the thought of a newer golfer looking for info online, considering joining MGS, and seeing this thread. 

I think you are missing my point.  This influx will eventually go away some.  

Maybe I should change it to educate the game.  My last round out I don’t know how many bunkers I raked, divots I filled, pitch marks that I fixed… it sucks that people can’t clean up after themselves.

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Maybe I should change it to educate the game.  My last round out I don’t know how many bunkers I raked, divots I filled, pitch marks that I fixed… it sucks that people can’t clean up after themselves.

This isn’t just a new golfer problem. This exists with seasoned golfers too. Even some of the seasoned golfers lack the knowledge of how to fix a pitch mark, replace a divot or use the sand/mix on the cart or rake bunkers 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

If that's the point, maybe you should have said it in the first post instead of ragging on things that aren't even caused by the influx of new golfers, but you blamed them.

There are a lot of statements in this thread that I personally feel are ignorant of what's going on LITERALLY IN EVERY INDUSTRY but are choosing to put them on the shoulders of people who are new to taking up a game we all enjoy. 

I get there's a lot of frustrations out there with current conditions dragging on, believe me I'm there too, but a lot of this thread runs contrary to what I always thought this forum stood for.

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah.  I hear your points, they are valid, but I’d say mine are too.  So we got that going for us.  You cannot put 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag.

Not to stir the pot on this one, but given varying density 10 lbs of something might take up the volume of 5 lbs of something else, but I degress

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Love the growth, hate that I cannot call a course 2 days before and get an early tee time 🤣 but again thats a me problem.

If anything COVID has given me its that I can walk which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE! 

Pitch marks and putter/feet dragging isnt a new thing, that crap happens with people that have been playing for years. 

As long as folks are yelling fore and letting me pass them I am happy.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Ok, am I the only one noticing a very bad trend? We’ve been talking about it for a few months.  Golf courses seem to be full more often, clubs are sold out/shipping delays, no more chrome softs… price increases…

Is anyone not in the golf business enjoying this? 

Golf is slow as it is. Growing the game never made any sense to me.  For kids, yes let’s Grow it… but I’m ready for the game to shrink some.

You don’t see fishermen giving out their secret spots…

Fire away.

Overall really really bad take here.

Yes I work in golf but everything I'm about to say absolutely IS NOT "what brings me and my course the most money" but what is best for golfers and the game as a whole.

The shipping issues are not just a golf problem. It is everywhere and in every category. Same goes for manufacturing and price increases. These issues are not isolated to golf. 

Yes I read your additional point that you also mean educate but as others have said, that is not a new problem and I promise you that experienced/regular golfer are far more of the issue there than newer players. 

In terms of your "Grow the game but only with kids" this is just a lazy take all together. If the goal is to get more kids playing golf then you need more adults playing golf to help them get more interested in the game. (On top of being willing to drive them to the golf course or wherever they are learning the game) 

You also say its slower than ever. For starters what is your idea of a "slow round"?  If I go out and survey the golfers at my current club (private country club) and my former club (public resort) an overwhelming majority will say a time for a slow round that is faster than the stated pace of play for that course. As someone who manages tee sheets on a daily basis I highly doubt the average pace of play has really changed all that much across the board or even. Yes there will be pockets where a course was basically empty before Covid and you could play 18 in 3 hours or less. Those courses aren't ballooning to daily 5 hour rounds though. 

Frankly I have yet to see you produce any truly valid points and I genuinely don't think any can be made that aren't meant to just benefit you personally.  

I really hate to be guy who rips into someone or something but this is just an all around horrible take. It goes against what I have always believed about sports as a whole (even before I was in the Golf Industry), against what MGS (and others communities like it) represent and against a lot of what golf as a whole needs to be healthy going forward.

I apologize if I'm coming off as harsh, rude or if I am attacking you personally but I can't in good conscience just let this go by without addressing it 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Honestly, you all can say and provide as much information and stats or whatever else you come up with.  My opinion is there is not enough room for as many people that are currently playing.  

my idea of a slow round is much different than anyone’s I’m sure.  

Im glad you think it is a “horrible take”… you have your opinion and that is wonderful. I also have mine, and I will stand by it.  But that may be “lazy.”

Worst thread in MGS history.

"Nah I don't want your facts, person in the industry, I just wanna complain about a bad take and double down on it".

I'm out. No room for this faux outrage in my life. Peace. 

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Honestly, you all can say and provide as much information and stats or whatever else you come up with.  My opinion is there is not enough room for as many people that are currently playing.  

my idea of a slow round is much different than anyone’s I’m sure.  

Im glad you think it is a “horrible take”… you have your opinion and that is wonderful. I also have mine, and I will stand by it.  But that may be “lazy.”

So did you think that there wasn't enough room prior to COVID when courses had a full tee sheets? 

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Last time golf boomed like this was Tiger coming on the scene. Even then it may not be the extent that we have seen now. I do understand and agree with some of your points, however what is missed is the duty of the current golfer to educate the new golfer. It sucks it's not fun and a lot of times it will fall on deaf ears, but there is still a responsibility on us to do our part to grow the game correctly. There are probably 50% or more of the new golfers that will go back to doing whatever they were doing pre-pandemic and not play golf. Keeping the other 50% and having them play correctly is where we will all be better off as a sport. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Look, I get that I made a few of you extremely mad with this thread.  Sorry for that, I sometimes have a hard time articulating my point even in simple conversation.  The thoughts are there as how I would like to say things but putting them into words doesn’t work sometimes.

Growth of the game overall is a must, yes I understand that.  The type of growth that occurred over the past year and a half is what I have the biggest problem with.  

Horrible take or not.  It’s there, and I’m sure I am not the only one that feels this way.  Just the only one dumb enough to bring it up apparently.

So, to stop any more of this wonderful pick on Shankster for having an opinion thing.  Can one of the mods please lock this up.

- Sincerely,

Your local Shankster

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I picked times that weren’t normally full.  Now they are.  

So your preferred time is more competitive now. Trends change. What you were arguing was that there wasn't enough room. That insinuates 1 of 2 overbooking mistakes are happening. Either 1) that golf courses are shrinking the gaps between tee times a significant amount from what they were prior to COVID causing major pace of play issues. Guarantee that isn't happening. 2) golf courses are booking 5 players or more in a tee time slot on a consistent basis. Highly doubt this one is happening either. There is still room for you to play maybe just not at your preferred tee time if you go to book late

1 minute ago, DPattGolf said:

So your preferred time is more competitive now. Trends change. What you were arguing was that there wasn't enough room. That insinuates 1 of 2 overbooking mistakes are happening. Either 1) that golf courses are shrinking the gaps between tee times a significant amount from what they were prior to COVID causing major pace of play issues. Guarantee that isn't happening. 2) golf courses are booking 5 players or more in a tee time slot on a consistent basis. Highly doubt this one is happening either. There is still room for you to play maybe just not at your preferred tee time

I don’t have a “preferred” time.  It is the “only” time I can play.  So yeah, it’s sucks.

But I’m glad you brought these points up.

cheers

1 hour ago, DPattGolf said:

Overall really really bad take here.

Yes I work in golf but everything I'm about to say absolutely IS NOT "what brings me and my course the most money" but what is best for golfers and the game as a whole.

The shipping issues are not just a golf problem. It is everywhere and in every category. Same goes for manufacturing and price increases. These issues are not isolated to golf. 

Yes I read your additional point that you also mean educate but as others have said, that is not a new problem and I promise you that experienced/regular golfer are far more of the issue there than newer players. 

In terms of your "Grow the game but only with kids" this is just a lazy take all together. If the goal is to get more kids playing golf then you need more adults playing golf to help them get more interested in the game. (On top of being willing to drive them to the golf course or wherever they are learning the game) 

You also say its slower than ever. For starters what is your idea of a "slow round"?  If I go out and survey the golfers at my current club (private country club) and my former club (public resort) an overwhelming majority will say a time for a slow round that is faster than the stated pace of play for that course. As someone who manages tee sheets on a daily basis I highly doubt the average pace of play has really changed all that much across the board or even. Yes there will be pockets where a course was basically empty before Covid and you could play 18 in 3 hours or less. Those courses aren't ballooning to daily 5 hour rounds though. 

Frankly I have yet to see you produce any truly valid points and I genuinely don't think any can be made that aren't meant to just benefit you personally.  

I really hate to be guy who rips into someone or something but this is just an all around horrible take. It goes against what I have always believed about sports as a whole (even before I was in the Golf Industry), against what MGS (and others communities like it) represent and against a lot of what golf as a whole needs to be healthy going forward.

I apologize if I'm coming off as harsh, rude or if I am attacking you personally but I can't in good conscience just let this go by without addressing it 

not to get off subject. What do you do for the course? Would love to pick your brain, long term this is my goal at a facility management level.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Wow interesting that this thread went that way. I disagree with the Shankster here but I’m certainly not angry with him, He’s hardly the first person to not like change for crying out loud.  And it is in the spirit of MGS to be free to post an unpopular opinion. 

Personally, I like golf’s new found popularity. It’s a great sport. I’m glad others are enjoying it. In regards to course availability and pace of play it probably depends upon where you live.

I’ve had no trouble getting out and don’t recall a round much over 4 hours.  I haven’t noticed appreciably more footprints in traps or ball marks on greens, as others have noted they e always been there - less so at the clubs I play at more do the public tracks.

As for the increase in fees that some have experienced consider how much money these clubs lost when their real profit makers, booze and food were shut down- I know that my club lost 250k in revenue from canceled events - that revenue has to be made up somehow or people loose their jobs and course conditions suffer. 

I’d be careful characterizing management as greedy. If they truly were they’d sell the course to real estate developers 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 minute ago, revkev said:

Wow interesting that this thread went that way. I disagree with the Shankster here but I’m certainly not angry with him, He’s hardly the first person to not like change for crying out loud.  And it is in the spirit of MGS to be free to post an unpopular opinion. 

Personally, I like golf’s new found popularity. It’s a great sport. I’m glad others are enjoying it. In regards to course availability and pace of play it probably depends upon where you live.

I’ve had no trouble getting out and don’t recall a round much over 4 hours.  I haven’t noticed appreciably more footprints in traps or ball marks on greens, as others have noted they e always been there - less so at the clubs I play at more do the public tracks.

As for the increase in fees that some have experienced consider how much money these clubs lost when their real profit makers, booze and food were shut down- I know that my club lost 250k in revenue from canceled events - that revenue has to be made up somehow or people loose their jobs and course conditions suffer. 

I’d be careful characterizing management as greedy. If they truly were they’d sell the course to real estate developers 

Glad you harped on the greens fees. You also need to analyze WITH the extra play it is difficult to maintain that with the increased traffic, quite possibly costing more to maintain. 

I personally have not seen that increase in cost per round, everything around here has pretty much stayed the same. But from a facility standpoint I could see this being a cause in increase.

Check out my reviews:

WITB: