The failed Hogan experiment.

BostonSal

Seems like some of you are getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.

The topic has been discussed at length in the not so distant past. The guys commenting were there for the first go around. They aren't dissing any of you... just having a bit of fun. Chill out.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 1:04 PM, BostonSal said:

The stamping on the sole of a club is only a cosmetic issue.  Nothing more.

Cosmetic preferences are purely subjective.

People who don't care about the cosmetics, however, seem to be highly critical of those who do.

Not sure why it stirs up animosity and belligerence, but it clearly does...on virtually every golf internet forum.

Perhaps it's best to keep one's subjective opinions to oneself.

I just wish that I understood why,

but it's probably better to drop the issue than to try to understand why it makes people as angry as it does.

I don't think anyone is angry but rather weary of the subject/debate.  This one, like a handful of others, keeps being recycled. In answer to your question, I have not used clubs with only lofts stamped on them and think Hogan's experiment simply shows that most prefer the traditional iron number.  From there, we establish the distance our swings yield with each club and that has served the vast majority of golfers for a long time.  Marketing guys are always looking for something to make their product unique and, hopefully, outsell the competitors... they win some and they lose some.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

4 hours ago, silver & black said:

Seems like some of you are getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.

The topic has been discussed at length in the not so distant past. The guys commenting were there for the first go around. They aren't dissing any of you... just having a bit of fun. Chill out.

Naah aint bothering me one bit--- You know it takes a lot to rattle my cage--- of course I can recite the lofts and lies on all my clubs basically because all of my blade Mac Irons I set alike myself. 

• Like 1

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

The Ptx irons have the number etched on the back of the hosel.

I did not know that or if his was so equipped--- If they were he probably could not see them at a glance because he was 70 yoa at the time--- He engineered that idea on his own.

• Like 1

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Naah aint bothering me one bit--- You know it takes a lot to rattle my cage--- of course I can recite the lofts and lies on all my clubs basically because all of my blade Mac Irons I set alike myself. 

Oh, hell no, Stu. I was refering  to a few of the newer guys that seem to be upset over this...lol.

• Like 1

I mean lee Westwood literally writes down the distances on his irons… seems like a good way to correct the possible issue

6E29CF90-8A03-4D81-973C-357B6D50A8E4.webp

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

10 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Oh, hell no, Stu. I was refering  to a few of the newer guys that seem to be upset over this...lol.

Oh I knew that just putting that out there for the new guys

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I mean lee Westwood literally writes down the distances on his irons… seems like a good way to correct the possible issue

Hey if it gets the job done which oviously it does for him because Lee can still play

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I guess he is getting too old to remember a few distances?

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

14 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I guess he is getting too old to remember a few distances?

I wondered if he did that to make it easier for his wife to pull the right club when caddying.

• Like 1

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree