Playing with an old injury? How do you deal with it?

Is there a doctor in the house??!

I have a full (grade 3) AC joint shoulder separation that I suffered from a bicycle accident about 7 years ago.  It was never very painful, just a feeling of weakness or dead arm when it happened.  I stayed away from work for only about 3 weeks before jumping back into my usual chef duties, which could be arduous.

Years later, I relate this injury to golf and how it could possibly affect my game.  My right shoulder (I am right-handed) sits a little lower than my left and have thought about how this could affect the way I release the club through impact.  More recently, I have found myself playing at least one round every weekend, and hitting the range 2-3 times a week (large buckets, 100 balls).  I would wake up a few mornings with my right shoulder feeling weak/sluggish, with a little more friction in the joint that I could even hear.  I decided to sit out golf activities for a couple weeks.  Part of taking the break was that I was having a lot more trouble with my ball flight, missing right with too much fade and having even more difficulty with shaping a draw or exaggerated hook.

Just want to know if anybody else has had similar experiences and what you did to cope with discomfort or if you had to adjust your whole swing.  I know my knees are also not in the best shape and expect them to have some sort of issue next 😂.  Really would like to hear what kind of ailments my fellow spies work through on the daily.

:titelist-small:Tsi3 9* - Tensei AV Raw White 65s

:titelist-small:Tsi2 15* - Tensei AV Raw White 75s

:titelist-small:Tsi3 hy 20* - Tensei AV Raw White 90s | :tour-edge: C721 19* Smoke RDX 80s

:mizuno-small:JPX921 Tour - KBS $-Taper 120 4-pw

:vokey-small:SM8 50*  SM7 54*, 60*

:odyssey-small: White Hot Tour #1 (13yrs old😱)

I have had everything possible happen to think.

I did have a clavicle fracture plus a cracked scapula . OTB

I had surgery on the clavicle old school platting .

know AC joint you can have that done arthroscopic.

I worked as a surgical technician for 25 years, done a lot of orthopedic surgery.

If you must find out who is a good orthopedic surgeon. Call a surgery center and ask someone, they will tell you the truth.

good luck 

image.jpg

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•