Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Xcaliber golf shaft reviews

jtgavigan

Hey everyone, I have been meaning to do these reviews for a while and finally took the time to show them. I have been playing a number of Xcaliber shafts for at least a year and have been playing Robin's shafts for several years, even back to when he owned AXE. Here are my unfiltered thoughts on the Avalon 6, Avalon i9, and several of the Pro series shafts. 

As an update, I did put Modus 120's in my 4 iron and 2 iron to replace the i9 shafts, because I felt that they were too light and I think I am right based on the first range session with each. 

In summary, these are great shafts and certainly worth a try!

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X