TESTERS WANTED! ×

Joaquin Niemann 1:53 Minutes

Stuka44

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that the PGA, USGA, or any other tour, or organization relating to Golf made no  mention that Niemann literally jogged around the course, and shot 2 over par( 1 double bogey, 1 bogey, 1 birdie and 15 pars), and using this as a matter of questioning the pace of play, and literally(I timed him) people like DJ taking 1min 53 seconds to strike a 5 footer when it was his turn.   This should be mandatory viewing by everyone who plays the game.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

It was posted by the pga tours Twitter account shortly after this round ended. I seen it and was blown away how quickly he played. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

17 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

It was posted by the pga tours Twitter account shortly after this round ended. I seen it and was blown away how quickly he played. 

I Know!  and by the way I looked, Kevin Na(One of the slowest players ever) when he did it and played in 1:59, closed out with 4 consecutive birdies and shot even par 71!

Edited by stuka44

You have to have the right volunteers to accomplish this as the walking scorer and standard bearer need to keep up.  😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, stuka44 said:

I Know!  and by the way I looked, Kevin Na(One of the slowest players ever) when he did it and played in 1:59, closed out with 4 consecutive birdies and shot even par 71!

So you know it was mentioned but chose to say nobody made mention of it?  
I’m a little lost at what you are trying to get at or accomplish with the thread. 

Yes Na and Niemann played in under 2 hours. BY THEMSELVES WITH NO WORRY ABOUT WINNING. So let’s do the math. 

Say they walk instead of jog. +5 minutes a hole. 
Figure out what shot they want to play and distance because they want to win +1 per shot with an average of 3.5 Shots per hole. +3.5

Playing with someone else +2 minutes per hole. +2

120 minutes(Na/Niemann jogging) plus

90 minutes to walk plus 

63 minutes to figure out distances/shots plus

playing with someone 36 minutes

Total is 309 minutes divided by 60 mins/hour equals 5 hours and 9 minutes. 

Seems about right to me when walking with someone and playing for your living. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

My point is that by their standards, they rushed through the round, and still managed to shoot scores, which were better than what 98% of all golfers on the planet are ever going to shoot.  

It just occurred to me that it does actually say something about the necessity for pro's to play so painfully slow, even if they are playing for their living, and clearly I believe could be used by the USGA, or someone else in an add campaign or something , to convey to the 99% of golfers who aren't playing for their living, that playing faster, (I'm not advocating jogging)  is not going to negatively affect their score at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, stuka44 said:

My point is that by their standards, they rushed through the round, and still managed to shoot scores, which were better than what 98% of all golfers on the planet are ever going to shoot.  

It just occurred to me that it does actually say something about the necessity for pro's to play so painfully slow, even if they are playing for their living, and clearly I believe could be used by the USGA, or someone else in an add campaign or something , to convey to the 99% of golfers who aren't playing for their living, that playing faster, (I'm not advocating jogging)  is not going to negatively affect their score at the end of the day.

I guess I’ll just bow out of this convo then. I don’t have a problem with the pace of play. I just enjoy every second I can be on the course with friends and family. 

3 hours ago, stuka44 said:

I jogged for the first 3 holes of play this morning.  Not trying to prove anything or make a statement....  it was 51F with a 5-6 mph directly into me 🙂.  I've read and watched videos of "speed golf" and, while its amusing, it absolutely does not interest me.  I'm a faster than average player and constantly remind myself to take a deep breath, relax, and not let pace of play dictate the day.  That said, folks that are constantly slow hole after hole can get me actively communicating with them... but I try my best not to go there if possible... for sure if it is associated with players trying to learn the game (we've all been there).

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

While I do agree that the pros set a bad example at pace-of-play, I don't think they are entirely to blame. I don't see too many people mimicking what they see on TV. In my experience, most slow play is caused by a lack of "education" or lack of self-awareness. By education, I mean the starters/marshalls do a poor job of instructing people on pace-of-play expectations (think of newer golfers who are out to have fun with their buddies and have a bunch of beers). I would contend that if the courses would talk more about it and actually hold people accountable, pace of play would be a non-issue. For the people who are not self-aware, I may be generalizing, but many seem to be the older golfers who drive both carts to every ball, don't walk with some spring in their step, talk too much on the green/tee, etc. while being completely oblivious to the traffic jam piling up behind them.

Yesterday's MGS outing took us right at 5 hours. It wasn't painfully slow and the random sprinklers going off on 17 and 18 made the last couple holes too long, but their were times I wanted to drive into our first group so they would pick up the pace. At the same time, it was a beautiful day with friends on a great course - why not take some time to really enjoy it and notice things like a bald eagle nesting above our heads? Personally, I am very OK with a 4 - 4.5 hour round. Much shorter and I almost feel rushed, much longer and I struggle to stay focused.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges