TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

yungkory

58 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

It is human nature to cringe a little when your playing partner hits an "8 iron" and you are standing next to him with a 6 iron in your hand.... granted, my swing speed is a club slower, and his loft is a club+ stronger - but it is still a bit of an ego thing.  But on the other hand, I am carrying a 3 iron, and his set stops at 5... so I can play the ego card back at him, haha.  

... Maybe human nature but I have always felt ego is mostly displaced. My son was a first team all conference DE in college and anytime a tackle or QB trash talked him he just smiled, rarely responding but if he did say something it was simply "Scoreboard" because they were almost always ahead. Score trumps anything else. 

... I would also include David Mamet advice A-B-C ... A Always ... B Be ... C Closing. Always Be Closing. What anyone hits is irrelevant if you beat them. I could even make the argument it is more enjoyable to hit a 6i and record a birdie while your opponent uses an 8i to make par or even better, a bogie. Has to be frustrating for them. Golf always was and always will be about writing the lowest number in a box, because there is no box to check for what loft you used or how you did it, just write in a number. Clubs are merely tools (amazingly fun tools 🤑) to help you accomplish a task. 

... Lots of threads on how to shoot lower scores or how to get to single digits. Increase your strengths and improve your weaknesses, hit fairways and greens and when you don't, get up and down. Amazingly simple and thinking about what someone else hits is just a distraction. So when your buddies are on the tee of a par 3 instead of worrying about which club they are hitting:

Adam Sandler Somebodys Closer GIF - Adam Sandler Somebodys Closer Happy Gilmore GIFs 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Maybe human nature but I have always felt ego is mostly displaced. My son was a first team all conference DE in college and anytime a tackle or QB trash talked him he just smiled, rarely responding but if he did say something it was simply "Scoreboard" because they were almost always ahead. Score trumps anything else. 

... I would also include David Mamet advice A-B-C ... A Always ... B Be ... C Closing. Always Be Closing. What anyone hits is irrelevant if you beat them. I could even make the argument it is more enjoyable to hit a 6i and record a birdie while your opponent uses an 8i to make par or even better, a bogie. Has to be frustrating for them. Golf always was and always will be about writing the lowest number in a box, because there is no box to check for what loft you used or how you did it, just write in a number. Clubs are merely tools (amazingly fun tools 🤑) to help you accomplish a task. 

... Lots of threads on how to shoot lower scores or how to get to single digits. Increase your strengths and improve your weaknesses, hit fairways and greens and when you don't, get up and down. Amazingly simple and thinking about what someone else hits is just a distraction. So when your buddies are on the tee of a par 3 instead of worrying about which club they are hitting:

Adam Sandler Somebodys Closer GIF - Adam Sandler Somebodys Closer Happy Gilmore GIFs 

Well said Chisag.  🙂

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

20 hours ago, chisag said:

And that's the beauty of golf. There's a starting point (the tee box) and an end point (the hole), and a million different ways to get from one to the other which allows everyone to tailor the path to their game. 

I never ask my playing partners what they're hitting not just cause their distances are different but also cause they might be playing a particular shot that changes their stock yardage with that club. Instead, I ask them how they see the hole and how they're approaching their shot. That at least gives me glimpses of some things I might have missed (e.g. a particular ridge or hazard) without locking my head into their distance or shape plan. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:52 PM, McGolf said:

Got them in hand for a quick look see,

The blade is nice. Clean as blades usually are. not much you can do with the design but they always look good

the 223 is certainly an upgrade in appearance compared to the MP20 MMC. I like the new cavity appearance and the fact they are not afraid to say they now have a GW.

The 225 although looks familiar, is a short blade length for a more compact head specifically at the lower end. My opinion would be the design was changed to flow though combo sets easier and give the over all set a higher level players look.

The wedges will be an upgrade to the last model too with the addition of the copper head. Unfortunately LEFTIES are not part of that plan. However the 223 is. So there's that. 

I play the MMCs and I’m beginning to think that I’m the only one who thinks they’re beautiful. The short irons don’t look large and clunky IMO. 

Hit a bucket today with the 223. After three years with my Cobra CBs I have gotten used to their size but it kind of shocked me how small they are compared to the 223! The heft of the 223 sole scared me a bit but they bevel really does it’s job; I was going in and out of the turf nicely with it. Feel is great out of the middle and feedback is easily detectable. Not 100% sold yet until trying other shafts (today used the LS 6.5 which seemed a bit much for me) but leaning toward a 4-P set; should get a bit more forgiveness than the current gamers at the very least!

5C61E044-A438-4CC4-B3F9-076B0F725707.jpeg.d567e7eb7c71708c806f32ed344dcbc4.jpeg

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Well I tried the 223’s in my fit, and they were really good. I had a very small dispersion circle, even though they were hit the least consistent of the 4 I tried(ZX7,JPX tour, and Apex Pro). Very forgiving, just was able to find the middle better with the ZX7’s, which gave me slightly better numbers. I think the 223’s will be a huge hit this year. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well, it was a good week for me delivery wise, the two drivers Monday and these today!  

Even though we still have patches of snow scattered all around our course and it's closed. I got out to the first hole took some pics and hit some shots.   

Event though it was a brisk 40 degees, slight breeze and hadn't swung a club in 6 weeks---is that enough excuses 🙂  I liekd what I saw from these.

Very nice solid feel, ball flight I'm hoping will be a bit higher when things warm up and I loosen up, but again they are not designed like my T300,  anyone that continues to complain about loft jacking on GI, needs to come hit these and something tlike the T300 side by side, then they might might understand what the engineers are doing with lofts and design these days.  Ok, enough of that beaten horse.

I hit a few thin and got the expected loss of distance, but nothing that would put me in horrible condtion, maybe front of the green, if I was shooting for a middle of the green pin.  

The GW was my favorite by far, not because it was the easiest to hit...ha  But the spin it gotr when it landed is somethig that you really look for in your wedge.  It could have me laying back to 100 yards a lot more than trying to get within 50 or 60!

Here's a few quick snapshots

CEFDE83F-A54F-4883-BC5B-04B4670D04D3.jpeg

16F956B4-D6D1-4B16-AAB9-64E5EC7E6D03.jpeg

39CDF807-944D-4A5F-BACC-43D762B6D98D.jpeg

While they look amazing, I am excited to hear your thoughts when it's warm enough to wear less than 4 layers 🙂

Thanks for the update!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 minutes ago, bens197 said:

While they look amazing, I am excited to hear your thoughts when it's warm enough to wear less than 4 layers 🙂

Thanks for the update!

Yeah, I'm looking forward tto that as well, and to be honest I was able to get down to two layers at one point 🙂   But still nothing I could do about the creaky old body that has beenon the shelf for two months, although I have started a bit of a winter swinging program. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well, it was a good week for me delivery wise, the two drivers Monday and these today!  

Even though we still have patches of snow scattered all around our course and it's closed. I got out to the first hole took some pics and hit some shots.   

Event though it was a brisk 40 degees, slight breeze and hadn't swung a club in 6 weeks---is that enough excuses 🙂  I liekd what I saw from these.

Very nice solid feel, ball flight I'm hoping will be a bit higher when things warm up and I loosen up, but again they are not designed like my T300,  anyone that continues to complain about loft jacking on GI, needs to come hit these and something tlike the T300 side by side, then they might might understand what the engineers are doing with lofts and design these days.  Ok, enough of that beaten horse.

I hit a few thin and got the expected loss of distance, but nothing that would put me in horrible condtion, maybe front of the green, if I was shooting for a middle of the green pin.  

The GW was my favorite by far, not because it was the easiest to hit...ha  But the spin it gotr when it landed is somethig that you really look for in your wedge.  It could have me laying back to 100 yards a lot more than trying to get within 50 or 60!

Those irons look great.  Very envious.  

Just curious.  Did you get the same shafts on your MIzz 223s as your T300s?  Did you use the Mizz shaft fitting tool during your fitting?

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

21 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

SuWEET!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

Those irons look great.  Very envious.  

Just curious.  Did you get the same shafts on your MIzz 223s as your T300s?  Did you use the Mizz shaft fitting tool during your fitting?

Thanks.  No, I went with one of the stock shafts in the T300 the Tensei AMT Red.  I did try the Recoil 680 during my fitting and they were very close in performance, but I figured I'd stick with the Tensei stock shaft to be able to offer feedback on the stock offerings.  

We don't have the shaft analyzer yet at our course, our fitting components should be coming pretty soon.  

The more that I see them, the more that I like the looks of the 223's.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

30 minutes ago, revkev said:

+1! 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

37 minutes ago, revkev said:

Should I post even more pictures 🙂

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

... Like a preview of a comedy I saw of a young fat kid on the phone at football practice and said into his cell phone "Of course I want stuffed crust on my pizza, what kind of question is that?" 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Went to Roger Dunn to hit these.

for me, the 223 was about 5-10 yards longer than the 225. I would have thought that would be the other way around. And the spin was about 1k more with the 225…

I went to change to the 221 head and some guy jumped into the hitting bay I was in, so I didn’t get to hit the blade, but, I’m guessing it was about the same as my BH Icons. 

anyways, that’s my impressions from a very small sample of hits. Of course they all felt good as a Mizuno …

now the other day I hit the Callaway apex pro, and I would say that it felt as good, if not better… unfortunately I don’t have any numbers on that club so I don’t have that comparison to share…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

No, you should talk to Mizuno about doing a MGS forum review. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

29 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

for me, the 223 was about 5-10 yards longer than the 225. I would have thought that would be the other way around. And the spin was about 1k more with the 225…

Spin is only part of the equation. You have to look at launch as well but also how much spin compared to launch. 

1k more spin depending on launch could cause ballooning and that’s going to cause loss of distance 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Loving my T100S, but have to admit I do miss the feel of my Mizunos.  I don't think there is enough to take me away from my current clubs, but I would like to give them a hit just to get a look.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

20 minutes ago, revkev said:

I've beaten that dead horse until there's hardl anything left.  Unfortuntely they seemed to have enough product and money though to do a paid event on another site 😞

On 2/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward tto that as well, and to be honest I was able to get down to two layers at one point 🙂   But still nothing I could do about the creaky old body that has been on the shelf for two months, although I have started a bit of a winter swinging program. 

Clubs look great. Might be time to change up that signature? 😀 Can't wait to get my 225's and T-22's when they ship.

PDW_LOGO_SML.png.befadb4d9b7e9ff83a65acb4f6c62bc5.png

19 hours ago, revkev said:

I support this 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

22 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Spin is only part of the equation. You have to look at launch as well but also how much spin compared to launch. 

1k more spin depending on launch could cause ballooning and that’s going to cause loss of distance 

Now I’ll be the guy to admit that I’m not real savvy on how this all works. Which is a good reason for a real fitting vs. a Roger Dunn salesman who basically just resets the screen to show what happened, but isn’t capable of explaining what actually IS happening. He isn’t the guy who would say, “let’s try a different shaft that will counter that ballooning effect, etc…”

At least not the guy that was there that day… I dunno, maybe some of them are capable. It was busy and when I stepped out to change heads, I lost the stall. 
they do have the Mizzy “cart”, with all the different shafts and heads. I wonder if I called and asked if they have “a guy”, if he could be competent… 

or maybe better to go to club champ for an iron fitting. But, I still believe that they are biased and possibly compensated to push certain clubs. In kind of a “winky winky” system. I’m not saying that’s what they do, it’s merely my own opinion based on nothing. (Wink wink)… perhaps I’m wrong, who knows…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Now I’ll be the guy to admit that I’m not real savvy on how this all works. Which is a good reason for a real fitting vs. a Roger Dunn salesman who basically just resets the screen to show what happened, but isn’t capable of explaining what actually IS happening. He isn’t the guy who would say, “let’s try a different shaft that will counter that ballooning effect, etc…”

At least not the guy that was there that day… I dunno, maybe some of them are capable. It was busy and when I stepped out to change heads, I lost the stall. 
they do have the Mizzy “cart”, with all the different shafts and heads. I wonder if I called and asked if they have “a guy”, if he could be competent… 

or maybe better to go to club champ for an iron fitting. But, I still believe that they are biased and possibly compensated to push certain clubs. In kind of a “winky winky” system. I’m not saying that’s what they do, it’s merely my own opinion based on nothing. (Wink wink)… perhaps I’m wrong, who knows…

That’s the downside of many of the box stores that don’t have a “tour fitting” offering like PGASS or 2ndswing does. You maybe find a competent fitter who understands the swing and the numbers and can explain them to the customer. There are some guys like that because they are supplementing their demo day income during the off-season.

For a place like club champion it’s going to be hit or miss as well. Wherever one goes finding out who the fitter is and getting reviews on that person is best. CC isn’t biased towards a brand or two in my experience of them and reading other reviews. They are biased towards upcharge shafts but they will stay with stock offerings if requested.

Imo indoor fittings aren’t ideal especially for irons. You don’t get a feel for how the club interacts with the turf and if it’s right for your swing or not. It takes a really good fitter to see your swing, understands what it’s doing and how it interacts with the turf. Ian explained that to @Golfspy_CG2when he did his iron fitting there. It’s why assuming a GI is good for high handicaps or slow swing speeds. Even the v sole on the srixons could be good or bad for a digger.

My recommendation would be to find an outdoor fitter or wait for the demo day season to start then go to one of those. However if looking to buy sooner and indoor is the only option then look for a fitter that has really good reviews. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

26 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

But, I still believe that they are biased and possibly compensated to push certain clubs. In kind of a “winky winky” system. I’m not saying that’s what they do, it’s merely my own opinion based on nothing. (Wink wink)… perhaps I’m wrong, who knows…

This is the risk you run into at any store.  Sales staff and fitters get bonuses for selling certain brands and many are on staff for different manufacturers. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 1/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, cnosil said:

Can't really judge clubs by how they look anymore.   The new hollow body foam filled heads are now game improvement type clubs due to how they can move weight around.

Yeah but Mizuno didn't pay for the plastic surgery. No injections here or with Ping.

19 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s the downside of many of the box stores that don’t have a “tour fitting” offering like PGASS or 2ndswing does. You maybe find a competent fitter who understands the swing and the numbers and can explain them to the customer. There are some guys like that because they are supplementing their demo day income during the off-season.

For a place like club champion it’s going to be hit or miss as well. Wherever one goes finding out who the fitter is and getting reviews on that person is best. CC isn’t biased towards a brand or two in my experience of them and reading other reviews. They are biased towards upcharge shafts but they will stay with stock offerings if requested.

Imo indoor fittings aren’t ideal especially for irons. You don’t get a feel for how the club interacts with the turf and if it’s right for your swing or not. It takes a really good fitter to see your swing, understands what it’s doing and how it interacts with the turf. Ian explained that to @Golfspy_CG2when he did his iron fitting there. It’s why assuming a GI is good for high handicaps or slow swing speeds. Even the v sole on the srixons could be good or bad for a digger.

My recommendation would be to find an outdoor fitter or wait for the demo day season to start then go to one of those. However if looking to buy sooner and indoor is the only option then look for a fitter that has really good reviews. 

It's worth the effort to find a fitter / builder that wants you to have the best fit equipment your shellin' out for! I would find someone at a club.   https://www.mizunousa.com/us/store-locator?region=Golf

It's worth a trip if necessary, with another person even, plan accordingly to make the best of it! Even for a small fee if not purchasing, you deserve full attention and feedback.....find it!     Be Well/Stay Safe/Stay Happy!!!

Edited by Nihonsei