TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

yungkory

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Prolly about the same waiting time frame for my '22 Forged Tecs. You know the ole don't hate the player hate the game, but after trying to work thru this speed training set back I will have played 9 days in a row today and I need a weekend break. 88* yesterday which is ideal for me with the low humidity but dropping waaaay down to 68* today with 15mph winds so I know you feel bad for me. 😛 

I'd be mad if you WEREN'T taking advantage of that weather 🙂

The race is on...which set arrives first....

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 2/20/2022 at 2:52 PM, JY56 said:

I have been thinking on a new set of irons after about 6 yrs with my Callaway Apexes.  I had been told I could benefit from a heavier shaft by a pro during lessons a while back and was using XP95 S.  Miz website suggested the 223 for my player profile.  I tried a few others from different manufacturers before trying the 223.  Very happy with the 223 when I tried it and of course the feel is great, so much better to me than the new Apex and ZX5's that were also on my short list.  Tried at two different locations and both had me using Modus 115S.  I suspected with heavier shaft that I should go back to a regular flex due to my age but then the optimizer came up with Project LZ 6.0, X100 and Modus 115S.  I tried all 3 and liked the Modus the best and the numbers for launch, spin, descent were good so went with that.   One of the locations where I had tried them had 1 set in stock with the right shaft, the other place where I thought was the better fitter said there could be a few weeks wait, especially with the ransomware attack.  I've bought lot's there and he said I should pick up the set in stock at the other location.  Can't wait to get out with them once I am back home.

First range session was a bit disheartening.  Plenty of launch and seemingly good distance on the range for my first session with the new irons but that was it.  Was only 8 degrees and a little windy but I struggled with the shots going right and a much harsher feel at impact than the buttery feel at my fitting.  I may go back to the range with my old and new irons together and try again.  Didn't think I would take much adjusting, haven't changed irons in over 5 years 700-800 rounds plus practice. Junk rock hard range balls don't help. 

Edited by JY56

Hit the range yesterday and this morning, enjoying my 225 set. Scoring clubs feels great and I'm surprised at the 5 iron, actually hit some great shots at the carry and height I like. I did realize 7 and 6 irons were not going the distance I'm expecting. 7 is definitely shorter compared to the fitting. I'm going to blame myself because this is probably due to me not setting up correctly. I realized my setup and stance is not what it should be with the 225s with the different offset compared to my old callaway rogue x's. I expect to gain more distance as I get used to playing with the 225s more.

@MWGolf23 Overall looks like I'm going to have average 13~14 yard gapping between clubs which is a first, I always had gapping issues in my bag.

:titleist-small:  TSR 2 10°  :Fuji:  Ventus TR Red Velocore 5 S

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 18° :Fuji:  Ventus Red Velocore 6 R

:taylormade-small:  SiM2 Rescue 4 Hybrid 22°

:mizuno-small: Pro 225 5 ~ PW, GW Nippon Modus 3 105 R

:vokey-small: SM8 54° S grind, 58° D grind

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter

Got a couple of rounds in with them now and I must say, I'm getting a lot more comfortable with them. I find the 4 and 5 iron are easier for me to hit a draw when I need to which is nice for par 3's and to vary the distance. I had about a 20g shaft weight increase and grip size change too, so overall very pleased and I am still getting plenty of height with my shots.  The yardages for the shorter irons is a little different but I will dial that in.  Still cool and damp here, so as things warm up should get better.  I feel these will help improve my ball striking, very satisfying feel out of the centre.

Ended up ordering 223 PW-6 225 5 and 4 with Project X LZ 6.5 shafts on Monday after a couple of fitting sessions. Was told 10 week lead time by the fitter, 8 week lead time from the front desk. Stuck to my guns of wanting added forgiveness 6 and above and am improving that vs MP18 SCs and did not get 221 in the short/mid irons. Get extra forgiveness in the PW-7 as well with blade size etc. but are still constructed like the 221s with the 1025e forged steel. So should still get a bladey experience. 5mm top line vs 4.1/4.2mm in the scoring clubs may be interesting. Will be sad to see my MP18s go, but I should play better golf! I'm still working on my attack angle. I'm very shallow, likely due to many basement swings, but still getting forgiveness out of the 223/225 vs the 221 I tried in the 7 as well. Blade lost an extra 5 yards of carry on a bad miss vs 223/225 misses.

These have some pop and I will welcome the distance gains. Likely will need to weaken 7 through 5 to have more appropriate gaps. We'll see in a gap/loft session.

223 7 iron at 32°
Club speed = 90 (94 max)| Ball Speed = 125 (130max) | AoA = -.3° | Face to Path = .2° (straight/baby cut) | Spin = 5421 | Decent Angle = 50.2° | Carry = 180 | Total = 187

225 7 iron at 30°
Club speed = 90 | Ball Speed = 129 | AoA = -1.3° | Face to Path = -.3 (straight/baby draw) | Spin = 4855 | Decent Angle = 46° | Carry = 191 | Total = 202

I suspect spin was higher and total roll out will be less in Michigan conditions. Plus expecting to have a better angle of attack down, a groove or two higher, with a small fade swing change so I should increase spin and decrease roll out if I successfully make changes.

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

14 minutes ago, MWGolf23 said:

Ended up ordering 223 PW-6 225 5 and 4 with Project X LZ 6.5 shafts on Monday after a couple of fitting sessions. Was told 10 week lead time by the fitter, 8 week lead time from the front desk. Stuck to my guns of wanting added forgiveness 6 and above and am improving that vs MP18 SCs and did not get 221 in the short/mid irons. Get extra forgiveness in the PW-7 as well with blade size etc. but are still constructed like the 221s with the 1025e forged steel. So should still get a bladey experience. 5mm top line vs 4.1/4.2mm in the scoring clubs may be interesting. Will be sad to see my MP18s go, but I should play better golf! I'm still working on my attack angle. I'm very shallow, likely due to many basement swings, but still getting forgiveness out of the 223/225 vs the 221 I tried in the 7 as well. Blade lost an extra 5 yards of carry on a bad miss vs 223/225 misses.

These have some pop and I will welcome the distance gains. Likely will need to weaken 7 through 5 to have more appropriate gaps. We'll see in a gap/loft session.

223 7 iron at 32°
Club speed = 90 (94 max)| Ball Speed = 125 (130max) | AoA = -.3° | Face to Path = .2° (straight/baby cut) | Spin = 5421 | Decent Angle = 50.2° | Carry = 180 | Total = 187

225 7 iron at 30°
Club speed = 90 | Ball Speed = 129 | AoA = -1.3° | Face to Path = -.3 (straight/baby draw) | Spin = 4855 | Decent Angle = 46° | Carry = 191 | Total = 202

I suspect spin was higher and total roll out will be less in Michigan conditions. Plus expecting to have a better angle of attack down, a groove or two higher, with a small fade swing change so I should increase spin and decrease roll out if I successfully make changes.

So the 225 is basically another club over the 223. About 600 less spin, and a hotter line in. Would the next club make up the differences?

this is an area that the jacked lofts are interesting to me. So let’s say you hit an 8 in the 225, vs the 7 in the 223.

so what’s the spin and decent angle comparison now? Head to head, I would prefer the spin and angle of descent of the 223. But if I got the same numbers with the 8 iron, what’s the difference really, except for an addition 10-15 yds across the board. Which is cool, except what will happen when you hit the wedges? Or do you skip the 4 iron, and add another wedge?

this is the area where I get mixed up…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

5 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

So let’s say you hit an 8 in the 225, vs the 7 in the 223.

so what’s the spin and decent angle comparison now? Head to head, I would prefer the spin and angle of descent of the 223. But if I got the same numbers with the 8 iron, what’s the difference really, except for an addition 10-15 yds across the board. Which is cool, except what will happen when you hit the wedges? Or do you skip the 4 iron, and add another wedge?

... It all depends on what you need form your irons. I would compare Distance Players irons to draw biased drivers. If you battle a fade/slice the draw bias is a great feature but if you hit a straight ball or a little draw, a left bias is just not something you want. Carrying his 223 7i 180yds, distance is not something MW needs or probably even wants. But if you carry your 7i 150yds an additional 5-7 yds ain't so bad. For me the allure of Distance Irons is gaining 7-10 yds with the long irons. My 4i carry is 185-190 and it is one of my favorite clubs to hit. So increasing that carry to 192-197 would be nice as long as I had sufficient spin. I would not need an additional wedge as the difference wound be 5yds or less in the scoring irons, although it would take some time to dial in distances and gaps. 

... Having played the P790's for a season I am familiar with a little less spin, a higher trajectory and more distance that I really enjoyed in the Midwest but I found I needed more spin on the hard fast desert greens here in Phoenix back in the winter of 2019. For whatever reason last winter and this winter the greens have been watered more and holding them would not be a problem with a little less spin. In fact many of the greens have really soft fronts from water run off and landing just short iff the green can result in a mud ball that just plops out off its ball mark, but landing on the green you get that one hop and stop or a few feet of roll out so carry is king. I am looking forward to comparing the '22 Cobra Forged Tec distance players irons to my King Tour players irons. I will start out playing a full set of the FT's but I can imagine a split set of MIM pw-8 and FT 7-4/3. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, MWGolf23 said:

223 7 iron at 32°

225 7 iron at 30°

Congrats on the fitting...Your lead times bring me some relief as yesterday was 3 weeks since placing my order.  First week of May is what I am hoping for so we'll see.  

I hope you see them soon!

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Did a golftec fitting, and was very disappointed at the lackluster effort the kid put in. Session was supposed to be 60-90 minutes and he was basically done in 20. 

had me hit a few with the hogan for warm up, but then he decided those were good enough for baseline, except that they were about 10 yards short of normal.

so he grabbed a 790 and put it in a sr flex shaft, and then proudly proclaimed there ya go, 15 more yards! Then he tried a rogue OS jumbo shovel which I didn’t like at all. Then to another shovel.

i asked him “why are you opting for every GI club? “ he said well that’s what you were asking for. I said I didn’t ask for anything, these are all your idea. So he says well what were you thinking of? So I said Id like to try the 223 / 225’s.

so he says ok, and has me hit a few with each. They were similar to the 790’s, but much more spin. It was very close between the 2, with the 225 being 3 yards longer, and the 223 having better spin. So he says it looks like the 225 is your club!

so I said well now that I’m fully warmed up, can we see how I hit my Hogans again? So, I hit 2 shots that had very slightly better numbers all around. So I asked him why do I get better numbers with my stiff shafts than i got with the sr flex shaft. He had no idea, but made the final proclamation that new clubs weren’t needed, as the Hogans were equal to the mizuno’s…

so a senior fitter/instructor came up to the desk as I was getting ready to leave, and he asked me how I liked the stealth. I said I dunno, I never tried it.. so he said c’mon back, and let’s get a few swings in with that, but while I was swinging that one, he did a video, and then spent a few minutes showing me some of my swing problems. Which right now are numerous and I know that. He showed me my club path etc and suggested a short 5 lessons package, and a new free fitting with him after the lessons, as he felt we could have a better idea of a club selection with a better swing.

soooo, I agreed that a lesson package would suit me better than some new clubs and since I actually really liked talking with that guy, and how he suggested we tighten up my swing with just a few tweaks. He said one or two tweaks per session, then at least a week to adjust to that part before moving on to the next. 
and watching myself on video revealed that I’ve got myself into some bad habits of late, and could really use a reset. Sooo he gave me two simple thoughts to start with before we begin next week with the full swing analysis. Shot like crap today, buuttttt, did hit a few really good ones.

anyhoooo, at this point, the Hogans kept up with the Mizunos, but I will admit, the 223’s felt soooo good. But the hogans feel good too. The Hogans are no joke.

15 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Did a golftec fitting, and was very disappointed at the lackluster effort the kid put in. Session was supposed to be 60-90 minutes and he was basically done in 20. 

had me hit a few with the hogan for warm up, but then he decided those were good enough for baseline, except that they were about 10 yards short of normal.

so he grabbed a 790 and put it in a sr flex shaft, and then proudly proclaimed there ya go, 15 more yards! Then he tried a rogue OS jumbo shovel which I didn’t like at all. Then to another shovel.

i asked him “why are you opting for every GI club? “ he said well that’s what you were asking for. I said I didn’t ask for anything, these are all your idea. So he says well what were you thinking of? So I said Id like to try the 223 / 225’s.

so he says ok, and has me hit a few with each. They were similar to the 790’s, but much more spin. It was very close between the 2, with the 225 being 3 yards longer, and the 223 having better spin. So he says it looks like the 225 is your club!

so I said well now that I’m fully warmed up, can we see how I hit my Hogans again? So, I hit 2 shots that had very slightly better numbers all around. So I asked him why do I get better numbers with my stiff shafts than i got with the sr flex shaft. He had no idea, but made the final proclamation that new clubs weren’t needed, as the Hogans were equal to the mizuno’s…

so a senior fitter/instructor came up to the desk as I was getting ready to leave, and he asked me how I liked the stealth. I said I dunno, I never tried it.. so he said c’mon back, and let’s get a few swings in with that, but while I was swinging that one, he did a video, and then spent a few minutes showing me some of my swing problems. Which right now are numerous and I know that. He showed me my club path etc and suggested a short 5 lessons package, and a new free fitting with him after the lessons, as he felt we could have a better idea of a club selection with a better swing.

soooo, I agreed that a lesson package would suit me better than some new clubs and since I actually really liked talking with that guy, and how he suggested we tighten up my swing with just a few tweaks. He said one or two tweaks per session, then at least a week to adjust to that part before moving on to the next. 
and watching myself on video revealed that I’ve got myself into some bad habits of late, and could really use a reset. Sooo he gave me two simple thoughts to start with before we begin next week with the full swing analysis. Shot like crap today, buuttttt, did hit a few really good ones.

anyhoooo, at this point, the Hogans kept up with the Mizunos, but I will admit, the 223’s felt soooo good. But the hogans feel good too. The Hogans are no joke.

The hogans certainly are no joke. 

Let’s be honest, after reading this, your patience is also no joke. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Let’s be honest, after reading this, your patience is also no joke. 

... I see this conversation before Sloggo arrives:

"OK we start with you giving a lackluster fitting and I mean really lackluster. If you can confuse his choices all the better. Cut the session short and I will conveniently wander up to the register as he is leaving and ask him how he liked the Stealth. Under no circumstances should you let him hit the Stealth! Then I take him back like his new best friend to hit the Stealth and after a few swings start a video giving him a lesson concentrating on some things and confuse him even more. Then I offer him 5 lesson package and a FREE fitting. Only way we survive kid, do this right and I'll slip you a $10!" 

52 minutes ago, chisag said:

"OK we start with you giving a lackluster fitting and I mean really lackluster. If you can confuse his choices all the better. Cut the session short and I will conveniently wander up to the register as he is leaving and ask him how he liked the Stealth. Under no circumstances should you let him hit the Stealth! Then I take him back like his new best friend to hit the Stealth and after a few swings start a video giving him a lesson concentrating on some things and confuse him even more. Then I offer him 5 lesson package and a FREE fitting. Only way we survive kid, do this right and I'll slip you a $10!" 

I'd laugh harder if this weren't true...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

I feel so dirty now…

I was fit into the 225 5-GW, Project X LZ 6.5 on February 4th. Was told 4-6 weeks by the front desk, but fitter said 3-4 weeks was more likely. Got an update yesterday that the heads are on backorder until March 31st and expect to ship by mid-April.

Driver: Cobra RAD Speed 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.5:cobra-small:

3 Wood: Cobra RAD Speed 16* HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.5:cobra-small:

5 Wood: Cobra RAD Speed 19.5* HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.5:cobra-small:

Irons: Mizuno MP 225 5-GW Project X LZ 6.5:mizuno-small::projectx:

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54* & 58* Z-Z 115 Wedge Flex:ping-small:

Putter: TaylorMade Spider EX:taylormade-small:

1 hour ago, chisag said:

If true, (which it probably is), isn’t that a pretty ugly representation of Golftec?

now if they did sucker me in for some lessons, but, that was easy for them as I’ve been seriously thinking about getting some of late anyways, that’s debatable as a bad thing or not- as it’s hard for me to find an instructor that I can understand so it’s a crapshoot anyways- so ask me again is 6-weeks to see if it was beneficial-

46 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I'd laugh harder if this weren't true...

Cmon Ben! Not everyone is out to get me… are they? Do I have a big sign on my back that says “kick me”?

☹️

On 3/6/2022 at 10:43 AM, sosuHands said:

Hit the range yesterday and this morning, enjoying my 225 set. Scoring clubs feels great and I'm surprised at the 5 iron, actually hit some great shots at the carry and height I like. I did realize 7 and 6 irons were not going the distance I'm expecting. 7 is definitely shorter compared to the fitting. I'm going to blame myself because this is probably due to me not setting up correctly. I realized my setup and stance is not what it should be with the 225s with the different offset compared to my old callaway rogue x's. I expect to gain more distance as I get used to playing with the 225s more.

@MWGolf23 Overall looks like I'm going to have average 13~14 yard gapping between clubs which is a first, I always had gapping issues in my bag.

Get the lofts checked before blaming your swing. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I think my bag is going to get a present of 223’s/225 with some x7’s.    I was hitting the 223 and those faces were hot.   I was averaging 210yrds and 100.7mph.   Brings me back to my mp-68’s

Stay Safe!

On 3/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, Sluggo42 said:

So the 225 is basically another club over the 223. About 600 less spin, and a hotter line in. Would the next club make up the differences?

this is an area that the jacked lofts are interesting to me. So let’s say you hit an 8 in the 225, vs the 7 in the 223.

this is the area where I get mixed up…

This is where I'm curious too. I'd love to add a more spin for more stopping power and I'll likely need to adjust some lofts for some gap jumps. TXG when Matty was still there, they saw a large gap between the blade like PW to the techy 7. 49 yard carry difference with two clubs in the middle after strengthening the PW 1°. I definitely see me changing a lot of lofts to tighten those gaps to no more than 15/17 yards. All depends on my numbers 

I'll share those results likely in 3-5 months 😂 Got to have my irons arrive and then hit them a bit before a gap session lol 

Edited by MWGolf23

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)

On 3/10/2022 at 11:33 AM, chisag said:

... It all depends on what you need form your irons. I would compare Distance Players irons to draw biased drivers. If you battle a fade/slice the draw bias is a great feature but if you hit a straight ball or a little draw, a left bias is just not something you want. Carrying his 223 7i 180yds, distance is not something MW needs or probably even wants. But if you carry your 7i 150yds an additional 5-7 yds ain't so bad. For me the allure of Distance Irons is gaining 7-10 yds with the long irons. My 4i carry is 185-190 and it is one of my favorite clubs to hit. So increasing that carry to 192-197 would be nice as long as I had sufficient spin. I would not need an additional wedge as the difference wound be 5yds or less in the scoring irons, although it would take some time to dial in distances and gaps. 

... Having played the P790's for a season I am familiar with a little less spin, a higher trajectory and more distance that I really enjoyed in the Midwest but I found I needed more spin on the hard fast desert greens here in Phoenix back in the winter of 2019. For whatever reason last winter and this winter the greens have been watered more and holding them would not be a problem with a little less spin. In fact many of the greens have really soft fronts from water run off and landing just short iff the green can result in a mud ball that just plops out off its ball mark, but landing on the green you get that one hop and stop or a few feet of roll out so carry is king. I am looking forward to comparing the '22 Cobra Forged Tec distance players irons to my King Tour players irons. I will start out playing a full set of the FT's but I can imagine a split set of MIM pw-8 and FT 7-4/3. 

I agree. I don't mind a little distance gain and forgiveness over blades/split cavity but I do want to increase the spin on these, through swing changes and loft weakening as I prioritize consistent distance and stopping power. You lose some of that consistency through a lack of spin.

Curious what height and landing angle will then look like.

43 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Cmon Ben! Not everyone is out to get me… are they? Do I have a big sign on my back that says “kick me”?

☹️

All I know is, I wouldn't do that to you...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

I feel so dirty now…

Dirty or seen? 😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Well, I received my 225's about a week ago, and after 27 holes they are getting traded in. I ordered them without even hitting them, as I've always loved Mizuno, these looked perfect for me, and they are beautiful.  However, and I hate to be the guy to say it, but the hollow bodied Mizuno 225's just doesn't feel like a Mizuno to me, not even close.  They are a nice profile size, and look exactly as I would want them to, but they just feel, well, hollow.  I'll try another Mizuno option, but these are not it.   

:ping-small: G425 Driver - 10.5 degree

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

:ping-small: G425 4 Hybrid - 22 degree

Takomo 201's - Nippon MODUS 105 shafts

:scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 8 Putter - Original "Two Thumb" grip 

Edel Trapper Wedge Lob Wedge 60 Degree Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com 54 and 58 degree V-Grind SMS wedges

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Dirty or seen? 😂

Now just wondering if I was a perfect example of a sales ploy… even tho I was in the market…

but- if the lessons stick and I finally find a swing that is correct- then it’s all good

Is it just me or do you think that the Mizuno Pro font on the backs of the club take a little bit of the classiness out of the look of them. I'm sure that they are fantastic club as Mizuno's are, I don't have any actual experience with these specific clubs. I just feel like it takes away from how sleek and nice the club is.

D-Callaway Mavrik 8*

4W- Titleist 

Irons- Ping I25 (4-W)

W- Ping Answer 54* 58*

P- Scotty 2016 SquareBack

@Hook DeLoft I did have my loft and lies checked and had to have them adjusted, so its probably not the loft issue.

:titleist-small:  TSR 2 10°  :Fuji:  Ventus TR Red Velocore 5 S

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 18° :Fuji:  Ventus Red Velocore 6 R

:taylormade-small:  SiM2 Rescue 4 Hybrid 22°

:mizuno-small: Pro 225 5 ~ PW, GW Nippon Modus 3 105 R

:vokey-small: SM8 54° S grind, 58° D grind

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Now just wondering if I was a perfect example of a sales ploy… even tho I was in the market…

but- if the lessons stick and I finally find a swing that is correct- then it’s all good

... While I have no doubt Golftec is always trying to add lessons to anything they do, especially a fitting, I don't think they targeted or tricked you. I was just having some fun a little at your expense. And as you said, you liked the guy and were ready for lessons anyway so we are all looking forward to hearing how your lessons go. 👍

I was fitted for the 223's prior to launch in January. I used the Mizuno fitting system and had great results with the Nippon 950 shaft. I tried all 3 Mizuno Pro heads and the 223 worked best for me. Great looking and a great feel. I have and 8.9 HC Index and I am 67 years old so these irons will need to take me into my 70's. I am replacing my Ping I-200's. 

Driver Ping G425 Max

3,5 woods - Ping G400

7 wood - Ping G425

Irons 5-Gap Ping I200 Replacing with Mizuno Pro 223 (+1" Flat)

54,58 degree - Ping Glide

Putter - Odyssey White Hot #7 with Stroke Lab Shaft 36" 2 degrees up

Edited by tmherron

On 3/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, Bubbly Pop said:

Well, I received my 225's about a week ago, and after 27 holes they are getting traded in. I ordered them without even hitting them, as I've always loved Mizuno, these looked perfect for me, and they are beautiful.  However, and I hate to be the guy to say it, but the hollow bodied Mizuno 225's just doesn't feel like a Mizuno to me, not even close.  They are a nice profile size, and look exactly as I would want them to, but they just feel, well, hollow.  I'll try another Mizuno option, but these are not it.   

That should be expected since they are a hollow body, made with chromoly 8-4, and include tungsten in most of the set. They are for higher handicap, slower swing speed players looking for forgiveness and distance as well as the blade aesthetic. Not feel.

If you prioritize the Mizuno forged feeling you'll get that from the 223 PW-8 as they are the 1025e steel fully forged like the 221 blades, a better feel with the 223s than in the 225s in the 7-4. Obviously the 221, JPX Tours and JPX Forged will have great forged, soft feeling as well. I will say the 225s still feel better to me than other players distance irons.

If feel is what you really want over distance and forgiveness, go with the 221s. Or 223s are a nice blended set of feel then forgiveness and distance in the mid to long irons. I wanted the best of both worlds. The blade buttery feel and then forgiveness and distance where I needed it. 223 PW-6 and 225 in the 5 and 4. Hope this helps!

30 minutes ago, MWGolf23 said:

That should be expected since they are a hollow body, made with chromoly 8-4, and include tungsten in most of the set. They are for higher handicap, slower swing speed players looking for forgiveness and distance as well as the blade aesthetic. Not feel.

... Really not true at all. They are geared toward mid to low index players that either never had a lot of club head speed or those that have lost some speed in their losing battle with Father Time. And feel is so very subjective. I don't think it is fair to compare a hollow head players distance iron to a solid forged MB but instead compare feel to other hollow head irons like P790's, T100S or Forged Tec. I have not hit the 225's yet but played P790's that felt a little dead and T100S that had a very dense feel for a players distance iron. Ymmv of course ...